How long did it take to get refund for cancelled shore excursions/drink packages....?

cancelled my July 2020 cruise on 3/18, still waiting on both the FCC and the shore excursion cash refund. Was told 30 days when I called to ask about a week back. If I dont' see it soon it's time for the CC dispute route at least on the shore excursions, FCC at this point in my mind is worth less than a square of hoarded TP.

• Like 2

My cruise on the new Celebrity Apex was cancelled by Celebrity over a month ago. I was told that my Business class airfare (about $6000 total) would be refunded within 10 days. Then they said within 30 days. Now they are saying they have no idea when I will see my money again. Are they planning to declare bankruptcy and default on my money? As a shareholder I've already lost thousands of dollars in my stock investment. And of course, my cruise refund is also nowhere in sight. I don't see how I can ever trust this company again, ever. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my refund for the ChoiceAir and the cruise fare?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JulesH said:

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get my refund for the ChoiceAir and the cruise fare?

A lot of patience. Depending on the kind of fare it was, the refund for the flight may come from the airline or RCI.

4 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

FYI - We canceled our drink packages last Wednesday.  The credit hit my credit card this morning, so 6 days to get a refund for that.  

Sounds like cancelling the packages prior to cancelling the cruise is the way to go.  We cancelled them in the beginning of march before we cancelled the cruise and i want to say it was maybe 2-3 days before i saw the credit on my credit card.  Then we cancelled the cruise and still no refund on that.  We're letting the credit card company duke that one out...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

FYI - We canceled our drink packages last Wednesday.  The credit hit my credit card this morning, so 6 days to get a refund for that.  

Wow - I cancelled my cabana and water park pass on 04/04 and have not seen a dime yet. I also cancelled my cruise on 4/05 and have not seen the $3800 they owe me or the $1000 FCC either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

I cancelled a drink package on 3/21. Exactly one month. Still waiting. I also have 12 cancelled cruises so far. Haven't receive one refund yet. 

I got tired of waiting (3/18 cancelled so money owed on excursions etc.) so I put in a dispute via my Citi card, they've already put the credit in my account within 2 days. Not waiting for RCL and their shenanigans anymore, they are taking 0% interest loans from us, and essentially running a ponzi scheme by taking on new deposits to pay off refunds. 

• Like 1

Just now, lurkmaster said:

I got tired of waiting (3/18 cancelled so money owed on excursions etc.) so I put in a dispute via my Citi card, they've already put the credit in my account within 2 days. Not waiting for RCL and their shenanigans anymore, they are taking 0% interest loans from us, and essentially running a ponzi scheme by taking on new deposits to pay off refunds. 

Good decision and spot on. 

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I didn't cancel the cruise yet (late September), but decided to cancel a very expensive shore excursion. Should the cruise take place, I'll book again... credited back in 5 days.

Based upon what I have seen and experienced, it seems like the way to go is to cancel the excursions, packages, etc. and do not cancel the cruise until the credit has posted for them.  I easily could have missed it, but don't recall seeing anybody who was waiting longer than a week for excursion/package refunds that hadn't canceled the cruise at the same time or within a couple days.

7 minutes ago, lurkmaster said:

After reading your response, I did the same thing. It has been almost 3 weeks since I canceled my cabana and I expect that amount should have been put back in my account by now.

On that same note - for this cruise I paid my $1000.00 NR deposit and then on top of that I have paid an additional $3800 towards my cruise that I canceled. Our final payment was not due until next month, but we decided to cancel.

Would you also dispute the $3800 or just wait until that gets credited? I don't even know what to do about my FCC that I fear will never come.

2 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

After reading your response, I did the same thing. It has been almost 3 weeks since I canceled my cabana and I expect that amount should have been put back in my account by now.

On that same note - for this cruise I paid my $1000.00 NR deposit and then on top of that I have paid an additional $3800 towards my cruise that I canceled. Our final payment was not due until next month, but we decided to cancel.

Would you also dispute the $3800 or just wait until that gets credited? I don't even know what to do about my FCC that I fear will never come.

I also had a $1000 NR deposit attached to the cruise, at this point I've already written that money off. If i get it as an FCC great, I don't even know if I'll personally want to cruise in 2021 given circumstances anyways.

the $3800 I would dispute as well if I were you, why the hell not. the $1000 NR is something that is harder to pull back but the $3800 is yours within the terms and conditions. I would dispute and let your CC deal with being on hold with RC and arguing with them.

• Like 1

I cancelled the cruise planner purchases on 3/31.  Received part of them 4/16.  Still nothing on the rest.  Chops dinner was refunded, Sabor and Giovanni’s wasn’t.  Liberty on 5/17 cancelled by RC last week.  So I’m not sure there is any rhyme or reason to when the refund comes.

15 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Based upon what I have seen and experienced, it seems like the way to go is to cancel the excursions, packages, etc. and do not cancel the cruise until the credit has posted for them. 

All to credit goes to the helpful and experienced cruisers on this forum.  T H A N K S  !! 👍👍

• Like 2

I was able to get through to RCCL on the phone today in a relatively timely manner...25 minutes on hold. I was concerned because I'd never received a confirmation of my cancellation, either on-screen at time of submission or via email. They confirmed my request was received on March 27 (I'm pretty sure I actually canceled on March 25, but close enough). I asked when to expect a refund and was told 30 days from receipt of cancellation confirmation. So I'll wait another week before I contest the charge with my CC company. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, KsucAts said:

I read somewhere on here a suggestion to cancel the additional purchases prior to the cruise because you would receive that portion of the refund quicker.  That is why I went ahead and canceled those before they officially cancel the June cruises.

We cancelled our dinner and shore excursions prior to cancelling the cruise in mid-March. We got our port charges, taxes and gratuities back yesterday. Nothing yet for the dining and excursion charges. Everything comes back to out AMEX card.

I'm still waiting on purchases canceled online and received confirmation emails immediately 4/4. I called again yesterday. Was told 45 or so days but was agent was surprised and looked like mine were processed several days ago... don't understand why they aren't automatic as always used to be almost immediate or a day/two... I assume because they don't want them to be so they can hold onto the money.