How long did it take to get refund for cancelled shore excursions/drink packages....?

7 minutes ago, shutterbug63 said:

I cancelled purchases on April 5. No refunds have shown up yet. I called today and they told me the refunds were issued on April 19. I do not see them. I'm going to wait until next Monday to see if they hit, if not, I will call again.

Keep in mind, depending on your bank/credit card company, it can take a week, sometimes 10 days for them to post it to your account.  Not an issue with Royal, one they issue the credit, then it's all about bank processing times.  

Edited by rockmom

20 hours ago, Newbea11 said:

Today I received a random $128 credit that does not add up to anything I purchased. Canceled March 12. Still waiting on close to $1000

Most refunds that I've seen folks talking about have come in separate deposits of varying amounts.

We cancelled a 6th June sailing on 24th March. We didn't realise there is an (alleged) faster Cruise Planner refund if you manually cancel these purchases before the cruise.

Royal processed the refund 10th April. Our credit card has shown it today but with a date of 20th April.

So basically, while there were various dates where things happened, it was 30 days between cancelling and being visible on our card.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:53 AM, twins_to_alaska said:

I'm still waiting on purchases canceled online and received confirmation emails immediately 4/4. I called again yesterday. Was told 45 or so days but was agent was surprised and looked like mine were processed several days ago... don't understand why they aren't automatic as always used to be almost immediate or a day/two... I assume because they don't want them to be so they can hold onto the money.

Looks like agent lied about the purchases being refunded 'several days ago' when I called Wednesday. Still nothing back to credit card.

I canceled Cruise Planner purchases Sunday, April 5 (19 days ago). I did not cancel the cruise. I have not received a refund, and I haven't bothered calling Royal. The cruise is scheduled in July, and I received email cancellations for each purchase. 

What is interesting to me is that pre-COVID, I cancelled cruise planner purchases all the time. I would do it if, say, a price dropped. I always got my money back in 1-3 days. 

• Like 2

After calling Royal again this morning and being told they refunded my credit card (not it's processing but refunded) 4/19 I called my credit card company (Royal suggested that). No record of the 3 refunds. They've opened 3 disputes on my behalf. Told me to hold onto the cancellation emails from 4/4 for now.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

I cancelled a cruise for January 2021 on March 30. This morning my $500 deposit and $236 shore excursion was refunded back to my Am Ex. Yay! I never had called again checking, based on posts here indicating 30-90 days. I just tried to be patient knowing how overwhelmed they must be. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised today!

As a small business owner affected by this virus we also have bills to pay which is difficult when there isn’t income coming in because yes, we do use Peters money to pay Paul. But we will all get through this. I wish you all luck getting your refunds!

• Like 1

So impressed with Bank of America... they credited me one of the purchases yesterday! Same day as dispute... but.. the Royal credit for the 3 refunds also appeared on my credit card yesterday - 5 days after said refunded on their end. I've called BoA to remove their adjustment and close the other 2 disputes.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, ATG said:

I cancelled the cruise planner purchases on 3/31.  Received part of them 4/16.  Still nothing on the rest.  Chops dinner was refunded, Sabor and Giovanni’s wasn’t.  Liberty on 5/17 cancelled by RC last week.  So I’m not sure there is any rhyme or reason to when the refund comes.

Just received the rest of the refund on my credit card.  Less than a month, I’m happy.  Now just waiting on Hilton and Delta for refunds and FCC from RC.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:14 AM, Petroplex said:

I canceled Cruise Planner purchases Sunday, April 5 (19 days ago). I did not cancel the cruise. I have not received a refund, and I haven't bothered calling Royal. The cruise is scheduled in July, and I received email cancellations for each purchase. 

What is interesting to me is that pre-COVID, I cancelled cruise planner purchases all the time. I would do it if, say, a price dropped. I always got my money back in 1-3 days. 

I got my refund yesterday or today, which made it 20-21 days from the time I canceled my cruise planner purchases. 

Wow - I am a little concerned that people have gotten their stuff back so quickly. I cancelled on 04/04 and have seen nothing yet. I did file a charge back for my cruise planner items, but have not heard if they have ruled in my favor or not. I got a provisional credit, however.

RCCL has one more week and than I am filing a charge back for the other $3800 they owe me for my cruise that I cancelled. 

I have not seen or even heard about the FCC.

We were going on a 3/15 cruise that Royal cancelled.  So far we have received the FCC.  Today we received an e-mail from Royal with the amount to be credited to our CC for online purchases.  Nothing yet on taxes and port charges.  Will see how long it takes to post on the CC.   

Received refund of my shore excursions, drinks, internet, photos etc on April 22 for my June 7th cancelled cruise.   I cancelled everything in my cruise planner just as soon as I heard the cruise was cancelled.  No refund yet for the actual cruise.  Hoping it comes soon so we can plan something else.  They still owe me over 8k 

Edited by Patty2005
added

Just called and they said they processed refunds for the cruise planner items and the $3800.00 refund for the cruise on 04/26. So we will see how long that takes to hit my CC.

FCC - they have not processed yet. 

Also, for FCC - we are just getting one for our deposit of $1000.00. Do they refund taxes and port fees from that or will I get a $1000.00 FCC? I forgot to ask that. 

Edited by Hammergirl

22 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Do they refund taxes and port fees from that or will I get a $1000.00 FCC?

You should always get taxes refunded and typically not part of the FCC. Also, FCC should be split between cabin occupants, not one single FCC.