Suspension extended to 11 June

uktog

Azamara have just announced the extension saying they hope to restart on 12 June.  Oh well thats my three Azamara cruises for this year gone, but it was not unexpected.  British Airways had also cancelled on us last night so we have just got the hotel to sort out now.

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

Azamara have just announced the extension saying they hope to restart on 12 June.  Oh well thats my three Azamara cruises for this year gone, but it was not unexpected.  British Airways had also cancelled on us last night so we have just got the hotel to sort out now.

Can we read this for sure anywhere?

Thanks for the heads up.  It's on the US website, too.

Interesting that the text says cruising to resume June 12 but the table indicates you can get a refund for cruises through June 30.

We are, oops, rather we were on a B2B  June 11 (France Intensive) and June 20 (Islands of the Western Med).  I just sent off a note to my TA.    United already eliminated our flight to Nice, so now I will just start unwinding everything.  C'est la vie - it really was a great itinerary, especially the June 20 cruise.  Perhaps in future Azamara will consider repeating it.  

As a newly minted pair of 70 year olds, living just outside NYC, we won't be cruising again until there is a vaccine.    

We’re facing truly unprecedented times as this global pandemic continues to impact our communities and businesses.  We are optimistic that each day that passes is another day closer to less uncertainty, more recoveries, and getting back to our regular day-to-day.  

After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), and in conjunction with the CDC, our global suspension has been extended through June 11, 2020.

We are reaching out to our booked guests and travel advisors directly to help them work through this. As always, our priority is to protect the safety and well-being of our guests and crew.

• Like 2

Att Bonnie 

The new refund/FCC guidelines, apparently now concerning cruises 3/15 to 6/11.

Does this mean, that this now also apply to the 3/17 Quest cruise from Dubai ? Or can we trust your refund policy on this cruise, as originally advised in the March 9th letter from Azamara ? (100% refund, 25% FCC, 500 usd per person refund towards individually booked flights etc.)

Those of you who had their flights cancelled, do you guys were informed about it beforehand? Did you get a notification or a straight refund? I wonder, cause some European countries cancel thei foreign flight till like end of summer.. which sounds rediculous to me. Knowing that I am limited in the way I can travel makes me nervous

I was emailed by British Airways you don’t get a straight refund with them you get a voucher for a future flight and have to call them to get a cash refund stupidly they won’t let you do it online and a previous workaround no longer works. 

• Like 1

I suspect that we might see a further extension. Here in Italy, it looks as if we will have social-distancing regulations for months after our lockdown, and other countries might follow suit.

On this basis, it looks as if our cruise with Azamara departing early in July is likely to be cancelled, or almost impossible for us.

We already have another booking with Azamara for March next year. So, in the event that this July cruise is cancelled by Azamara, can we use a FCC against this later cruise?

I ask, for the avoidance of doubt, because all the talk seems to be about using FCC for re-booking, which is not what we would be doing.

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

I was emailed by British Airways you don’t get a straight refund with them you get a voucher for a future flight and have to call them to get a cash refund stupidly they won’t let you do it online and a previous workaround no longer works. 

Wow! And contacting them by phone is going to be a right PITA! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

It's the same with easyjet. You'd be forgiven for thinking by looking at their website that you can't get a cash refund at all, but if they cancel your flight they have to give you the money back.  It's hard work. We have a year to get it though. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I have just managed to get through to BA and request a refund after trying a few times earlier this week. 
The agent I spoke to was very helpful and told me to expect the refund to be complete in 20 business days. 

I am still waiting for them to cancel my 4th June  flight as I do not want any future vouchers.

My cruise was finally cancelled today , so have requested a refund for that too.

2 hours ago, blag said:

I suspect that we might see a further extension. Here in Italy, it looks as if we will have social-distancing regulations for months after our lockdown, and other countries might follow suit.

On this basis, it looks as if our cruise with Azamara departing early in July is likely to be cancelled, or almost impossible for us.

We already have another booking with Azamara for March next year. So, in the event that this July cruise is cancelled by Azamara, can we use a FCC against this later cruise?

I ask, for the avoidance of doubt, because all the talk seems to be about using FCC for re-booking, which is not what we would be doing.

As far as I am aware you can use an FCC against any already booked cruise. That’s certainly our intention if we end up not being able to do our October cruise.

3 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

As far as I am aware you can use an FCC against any already booked cruise. That’s certainly our intention if we end up not being able to do our October cruise.

I have had two answers on this - one was yes and one was no.  The yes was through LCV and this was what I wanted to recheck with Sandra but can no longer do so

The wording in the Cruise with Confidence statement says ‘you have the option to cancel any voyage sailing now through September 1, 2020, and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit – good toward voyages that depart through December, 31 2021’.

It doesn’t say good for new bookings! Anyway that’s what I will point out to my TA if we do end up cancelling and the Cruise with Confidence policy still applies to cruises departing in October.

30 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The wording in the Cruise with Confidence statement says ‘you have the option to cancel any voyage sailing now through September 1, 2020, and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit – good toward voyages that depart through December, 31 2021’.

It doesn’t say good for new bookings! Anyway that’s what I will point out to my TA if we do end up cancelling and the Cruise with Confidence policy still applies to cruises departing in October.

You may find the terms of cruise with confidence differs from the situation I am in where the cancellation was made by the cruise line.  I am more concerned I have had two conflicting responses and now have no route back to LCV to clarify it would seem

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That looks promising, and seems to confirm that existing bookings are covered under the 'emergency T&C's.

Thanks.

I I just re-read the suspension notice from Azamara dated 16th April.

It states: We’re currently working directly with guests as well as travel advisors impacted by this temporary disruption. As a result of this change, if you’re scheduled to sail with us before 11 June, you will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit to rebook with us by 31 December 2021 for any sailing through 30 April 2022.

This clearly states 're-booking'. What about those who may wish to use the FCC against an existing booking?

The answer to this will influence my decision as to whether to ask for a refund or FCC. 

2 minutes ago, blag said:

I I just re-read the suspension notice from Azamara dated 16th April.

It states: We’re currently working directly with guests as well as travel advisors impacted by this temporary disruption. As a result of this change, if you’re scheduled to sail with us before 11 June, you will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit to rebook with us by 31 December 2021 for any sailing through 30 April 2022.

This clearly states 're-booking'. What about those who may wish to use the FCC against an existing booking?

The answer to this will influence my decision as to whether to ask for a refund or FCC. 

Yes, quite. The wording is certainly different in the statements about  Cruise with Confidence and about cruise suspension by Azamara. However I would think they would prefer that people take cruise credit rather than ask for a refund whichever situation they are in.

I had the same question clarified recently and the FCC can be applied toward a future, already booked cruise. Bonnie had given us the email for customer service, which I used and received the confirmation from. Can’t remember which thread included the email address. Maybe Bonnie can provide it again in this thread, so you can also confirm.

Just now, AJCM said:

I had the same question clarified recently and the FCC can be applied toward a future, already booked cruise. Bonnie had given us the email for customer service, which I used and received the confirmation from. Can’t remember which thread included the email address. Maybe Bonnie can provide it again in this thread, so you can also confirm.

Just now, AJCM said:

Thanks for posting AJCM. Very helpful.

9 minutes ago, AJCM said:

It would be most useful if you could be so kind as to copy and post the contents of the confirmatory email you received! 

Here are my various emails with customer service on this matter. Suggest you start from the bottom of the message and read upwards.
Tony

[THREAD ID:1-KT3IT9T]
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Azamara. We are deeply sorry for the delay in our reply and hope this email finds you well.
 If you make back to back bookings, you will receive the on board credit for those. It does not transfer over, but will be there for any back to backs you book.
Thanks for choosing Azamara.

Lesa
Azamara Cruises

-----Original Message-----
Sent:  03/26/2020 03:04:36 PM
To:  "AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com" <AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com>
Subject:  Re: [EXTERNAL] Future Cruise Credit clarification

EXTERNAL EMAIL CAUTION: Use caution opening attachments or clicking links.

Thank you

Also please confirm whether the existing on board credit can be applied to next year’s cruises. If so, we’ll be able to afford to book a third consecutive cruise next year.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPad

> On 27 Mar 2020, at 1:26 am, "AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com" <AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> Yes, we can apply the credit towards your existing reservation, as long as it has not been paid in full.
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> [THREAD ID:1-KT3IT9T]
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----

> From: 
> Sent:  03/25/2020 08:58:59 AM
> To:  "Azamaracustomerservice@azamara.com" <Azamaracustomerservice@azamara.com>
> Cc:  
> Subject:  [EXTERNAL] Future Cruise Credit clarification
>
> EXTERNAL EMAIL CAUTION: Use caution opening attachments or clicking links.
>
> Hi
>
> I have 2 queries
>
> 1 I have B2B2B booked this year which are likely to be cancelled. Can I apply FCC to an existing B2B booking for June/July 2021 or must it be a new booking. If the latter, will I be able to cancel the 2021 booking, so as to re-book, but retain my present OBC
> for the 2021 cruises.
>
> 2 I have on board credit for this year's B2B2B. Will this be transferable to my 2021 bookings?
>
> Thanks
>