If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

Today's world of Covid will be long gone by the summer of 2021. It'll be a completely different vibe, look and feel of many things, including cruise vacations. Post Covid will be taking shape. Life with resume. We recently booked a cruise for July 2021 to the British Isles. I have confidence. I respect it all. But I fear very little. I can't wait to order my first Martini on that boat. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I think the self-serve buffet is gone for a while from everywhere, not just cruise ships. One major buffet style restaurant has already announced it will close permanently and others will have to change or follow in their footsteps. Cruise ship buffets as we have known them may be gone forever regardless of how long Covid-19 is an issue.

I hope it goes away- Have seen some passengers of all ages, touch things, put them back and select others.  When I see this,  it really bothers me.  Some people have no manners and do not understand- "you touch it-you own it"  Probably the same people who do not wash after using the rest room.  We do not eat in the buffet- unless we are first in.

16 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I think the self-serve buffet is gone for a while from everywhere, not just cruise ships. One major buffet style restaurant has already announced it will close permanently and others will have to change or follow in their footsteps. Cruise ship buffets as we have known them may be gone forever regardless of how long Covid-19 is an issue.

Buffets on cruises will be significantly changed, I am sure.  That is the simple place to make a change -- all the other areas, starting with 'overall number of cruisers onboard' to minimize overall crowded spaces like promenade areas or pool decks or busy lounges/bars.  How they handle that is going to be interesting.  Can I see, no cabin having a 3rd or 4th occupant?  Or larger suites having the number of guests permitted in it to change?  What else might there be?

21 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Too bad....the buffets were undoubtedly one of the things many of us probably enjoyed most about cruising. 

5 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Buffets on cruises will be significantly changed, I am sure.  That is the simple place to make a change -- all the other areas, starting with 'overall number of cruisers onboard' to minimize overall crowded spaces like promenade areas or pool decks or busy lounges/bars.  How they handle that is going to be interesting.  Can I see, no cabin having a 3rd or 4th occupant?  Or larger suites having the number of guests permitted in it to change?  What else might there be?

Elimination of or restrictions on attendance at theatre shows and other presentations?  Same for any other large group gatherings. You know, if this thing changes too much, you'll lose a segment of the cruising population (that is mostly interesting in the social / entertainment aspects) and be left with that group who go moreso for the travel / adventure part of it  - just being out on the water, spending lots of time on the decks or on their own balconies, etc. A more solitary - or at least less social - kind of approach to cruising...if any of that makes any sense. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

I totally agree!!! Its simple, dont ruin everyone's vacations because you are full of fear!! Before Covid they were numerous other diseases lingering, but no one cared!!

Edited by inlinesick
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

What else might there be?

Here is an article from CNN about what hotels are considering doing and one of these locations is in Las Vegas, which in many ways is a 'land experience of a cruise ship' -- lots of people packed into it for entertainment and enjoyment.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/hotels-safety-coronavirus/index.html

Some specifics mentioned are:

(1) Removal of furniture and reconfiguring many areas to facilitate the six-foot social distancing space prescribed by health officials. The brand is considering plexiglass barriers at front desks to separate guests and hotel staff.

(2) Use of electrostatic sprayers -- which uniformly mist disinfectant across wide areas -- and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects.

(3) Reduction of Spa services

(4) Slot machines, restaurant tables, pool loungers and more have to be spaced to comply with the 6 foot rule.

(5)  Reduced capacity public spaces and redesigned restaurants, bars and fitness facilities will be among the changes.

(6) no more than four guests in an elevator

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which one of those infected this many people and had a nearly 6% mortality rate?

You should stop watching the news bud!!!then again you sounds like living in fear is your way.... Good luck! Btw my GF is a nurse and she work ont the covid level!!

11 minutes ago, hazence said:

If you read your link, it’s model. Just as the first wave of predictions were a model. 

Here is the link to current numbers. This is not a model. You do the math.  (In case you can’t 5.9%).  We all know your Zip Code is far less. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

3E5FF224-6151-48C3-8F89-D78C9A735D7D.png

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

I totally agree!!! Its simple, dont ruin everyone's vacations because you are full of fear!! Before Covid they were numerous other diseases lingering, but no one cared!!

Covid is ruining our vacations. If you can’t understand that good luck to you bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you read your link, it’s model. Just as the first wave of predictions were a model. 

Here is the link to current numbers. This is not a model. You do the math.  (In case you can’t 5.9%).  We all know your Zip Code is far less. 

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hey, it’s possible good news...after a Happy Mother’s Day.

But no matter what...the mortality rate is not the same for a 40 yr old as an 80 year old. The world meter numbers do not take age in account or co morbidities.   Your chance of dying from COVID could be statistically  better or worse than mine.  So it’s incorrect to present the morbidity rate as a one size fits all.

16 minutes ago, hazence said:

the mortality rate is not the same for a 40 yr old as an 80 year old.

This I agree with you. 

17 minutes ago, hazence said:

Your chance of dying from COVID could be statistically  better or worse than mine.

I agree with this. 

How do you limit/prohibit the most at risk from sailing? Statistically, those over 65 are the most at risk as well as those younger with certain pre existing conditions. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This I agree with you. 

I agree with this. 

How do you limit/prohibit the most at risk from sailing? Statistically, those over 65 are the most at risk as well as those younger with certain pre existing conditions. 

well, that’s the problem. 

I still have an optimistic little hope...just a hope...that in a few months when we have had more testing and more statistics and more information about why some areas have been so badly hit...that the mortality rate WILL be lower and maybe the Cruise Industry won’t have such an impossible task.

I also am really praying that we look at what has happened everywhere in the Nursing Homes and develop a real PLAN on how to protect the most vulnerable among us. This matters a lot to me....more than I can say.

I have a sister being held like a serial killer...alone for weeks...she can’t use her right hand to even log on her IPad. She just lost her husband this year and now, shut away from her children and friends.

33 minutes ago, hazence said:

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This I agree with you. 

I agree with this. 

well, that’s the problem. 

I still have an optimistic little hope...just a hope...that in a few months when we have had more testing and more statistics and more information about why some areas have been so badly hit...that the mortality rate WILL be lower and maybe the Cruise Industry won’t have such an impossible task.

Let me share with you a true situation.  A Doctor has two sick confirmed cases come into their office. Department of Health does tracking to see who these people came in contact with.  In one of the sick patients (now hospitalized)  contacts, was 10 individuals (young) who tested positive with no symptoms. Asymptomatic. No fever, no nothing. There is currently no set time to become infected. You can test negative today but be sick and positive tomorrow. 

Even if all cruisers are tested before boarding, some negative may become positive a day or two later after exposure. No confirmed timeline to show signs after exposure. 

What are the cruise ships supposed to do once they have confirmed sick people onboard?  My son works in ICU Miami Jackson, largest trauma centers in South Florida.  I sure don’t want them to dump them off in South Florida. It’s unfair to healthcare workers to handle these people off of cruise ships. It’s selfish. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Let me share with you a true situation.  A Doctor has two sick confirmed cases come into their office. Department of Health does tracking to see who these people came in contact with.  In one of the sick patients (now hospitalized)  contacts, was 10 individuals who tested positive with no symptoms. Asymptomatic. No fever, no nothing. There is currently no set time to become infected. You can test negative today but be sick and positive tomorrow. 

Even if all cruisers are tested before boarding, some negative may become positive a day or two later after exposure. No confirmed timeline to show signs after exposure. 

What are the cruise ships supposed to do once they have confirmed sick people onboard?  My son works in ICU Miami Jackson, largest trauma centers in South Florida.  I sure don’t want them to dump them off in South Florida. It’s unfair to healthcare workers to handle these people off of cruise ships. It’s selfish. 

I absolutely agree with you on that. I wouldn’t want that either.  No arguments from me on that.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 7:52 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which one of those infected this many people and had a nearly 6% mortality rate?

Not covid. 

Statistics don't lie but liars use statistics. 

Edited by ToroAzul
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2020 at 8:48 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

This I agree with you. 

I agree with this. 

No cpaps allowed? 

On 5/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Those numbers are only for those tested positive.  Millions more have had it, not been tested, and not died.  It is NO WHERE NEAR 6%.

Edited by bouhunter

18 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Those numbers are only for those tested positive.  Millions more have had it, not been tested, and not died.  It is NO WHERE NEAR 6%.

Do you have evidence to back this up, or is it just your opinion?

17 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Of course. It’s very likely the death rate will drop the more tested. In Florida, it’s looking like 8-10% of people tested are positive. 

What do you suggest is the actual death rate of those positive?  Certainly you don’t believe it’s as low as the flu?

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Of course. It’s very likely the death rate will drop the more tested. In Florida, it’s looking like 8-10% of people tested are positive. 

What do you suggest is the actual death rate of those positive?  Certainly you don’t believe it’s as low as the flu?

On the flip side, it is also believed that there are people that died of Covid-19 that were never tested, and for whom the cause of death will not be attributed to Covid-19.  It's probably not a large number, but it is a consideration.  We may never know the true death rate.

• Like 1