Cruises Suspended Through June 30, 2020

scoodogg

Per NCL homepage.

TRAVEL ALERT Updated: April 24, 2020 - Suspended cruises into June 2020
The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages. Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to May 14 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through June 30, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning July 1, 2020.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

The refund form (as opposed to future cruise credits) is there and it says refunds will be received inn90 days. This is absurd that they will hold over $6000 for 3 months when typical refunds are processed in 10 business days. Viking refunded our money in less than a week. I seriously doubt I will rebook with NCL, HORRIBLE SERVICE.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

The refund form (as opposed to future cruise credits) is there and it says refunds will be received inn90 days. This is absurd that they will hold over $6000 for 3 months when typical refunds are processed in 10 business days. Viking refunded our money in less than a week. I seriously doubt I will rebook with NCL, HORRIBLE SERVICE.

unfortunately that is normal for all cruise lines..if you search this forum this 90 day time frame is very common complaint people have and that is why they are doing a chargeback with a credit card

This was not unexpected by me. the CDC put it at 100 days and I did not think they would change that. 100 days is mid July. I still think they will extend it further but I did not think there was a chance at sailing before July. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no cruising through August or later

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

unfortunately that is normal for all cruise lines..if you search this forum this 90 day time frame is very common complaint people have and that is why they are doing a chargeback with a credit card

This is the third cruise we have had cancelled over many decades of cruising, not a bad percentage, but the first time we have seen 90 days. I don’t doubt that has become standard practice yet the onlly justification is to have an interest free loan from the consumer. As I said, Viking was able to provide us our money back in a week.

• Like 1

The other thing of interest to me is why NCL took so long to cancel our Alaska cruise. Canada announced ages ago they were closed to cruise ships until July 1 and all the other major cruise lines immediately canceled their Alaska cruises since they cannot sail without a stop in a foreign port. I can only assume NCL was waiting for folks to pull out first so there was no obligation to refund our money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bsw620 said:

The worst part is after waiting all this time for them to officially cancel my Alaska cruise I still can’t apply for a refund. Maybe not the worst part but pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why is that? They are accepting refund requests right now.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

Nope.  May 7-13 for embarkations after 5/14, and THEN we have to wait at least 90 days from /then/ before we can expect to see our money.  If my cruise is canceled today (which it is, though I haven't gotten the 'official' letter yet, my Alaska LandTour was to start on 6/23 and my cruise on 6/29) , I should be able to request a refund, TODAY.  I shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks to even ask for my money back.  That's ludicrous.

Edited by Jobeth66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jobeth66 said:

Nope.  May 7-13, and THEN we have to wait at least 90 days from /then/ before we can expect to see our money.  If my cruise is canceled today (which it is, though I haven't gotten the 'official' letter yet, my Alaska LandTour was to start on 6/23 and my cruise on 6/29) , I should be able to request a refund, TODAY.  I shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks to even ask for my money back.  That's ludicrous.

Of course it it's ludicrous.

But people on CC - even the most hardcore of the diehard fans - need to understand that the cruise lines aren't in the business of selling cruises right now. They're in the midst of a financial shell game using their customers' money as interest-free loans. It's all a Ponzi scheme right now.

The lines that survive until 2021 will do some sailings in 2021 (unless the virus turns out to be even worse than the horror story it already is).  But right now, those summer and fall cruises open for bookings are just a way to get free $$ for a few months to keep the creditors happy. 

Obviously, any lines that go under in 2020 will take the FCCs with them. Which is why the refund process is the much better way to go; those 125% FCC offers are the worst of this whole con game. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

When you go to details new extended cruises not there. Should I fill out refund form or wait until that part of notice is updated?

You can start fiiling out now. If you expect your cruise to be cancelled, just wait for it with the notice ready. Otherwise you may miss the time gap when you could apply for a full refund. Usually they revie sich notice in 2-3 days. So you will make it no matter what 

1 minute ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Obviously, any lines that go under in 2020 will take the FCCs with them. Which is why the refund process is the much better way to go; those 125% FCC offers are the worst of this whole con game. 

That is why you take the FCC and book a cruise right away and then buy the correct travel insurance that covers the financial default or bankruptcy.

I purposely booked cruises just to get the 25% extra. If they sail great if not, 25% on my money.

Steve

20 minutes ago, bsw620 said:

The worst part is after waiting all this time for them to officially cancel my Alaska cruise I still can’t apply for a refund. Maybe not the worst part but pretty ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, furgoon said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  My cruise is May 23rd and I cannot even request a refund after they have cancelled the cruise.  The form is not updated.  This is why the call center will be overloaded today.

I think you all are reading this wrong. It says the DEADLINE to apply is as follows:

Refund requests must be submitted by:

• April 27, 2020 for suspended sailings scheduled to embark by May 14, 2020
  • May 7 - May 13, 2020 for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020

So if your cruise is scheduled to sail between May 15 and July 1 you can apply now but no later than May 7-13. At least that is how I read it. It does not say submit between May 7 and May 13.

I think you all are reading this wrong. It says the DEADLINE to apply is as follows:

• May 7 - May 13, 2020 for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020
So if your cruise is scheduled to sail between May 15 and July 1 you can apply now but no later than May 7-13. At least that is how I read it. It does not say submit between May 7 and May 13.

It you fill out the form it asks for your embarkation date- it will not let you add one past May 14

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

Unfortunately, no.  If you go to the form, it's only available for sailings that were set to begin on 5/14 or earlier - you can't choose a later date.  The next time the form will be updated to allow you to choose later dates will be 5/7,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phoenix cruiser said:

The refund form only allows you to request a refund for sailing through 5/14

• Like 2