What Went Wrong on Those Carnival Cruise Ships

clo

4 hours ago, npcl said:

In the context of the post I was responding to it was clear. 

Just as with some of your posts if they were written differently might not have gotten a response.

Could you two go play on your soapboxes elsewhere? You're hijacking the thread...Thank you! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've read a fair bit about the measures that are likely to be taken by Princess (& other Cruise lines) to improve ship cleanliness, food service, hand washing, etc. etc., but this quote from the news article referred to above, attributed to the CDC, is one which makes me feel more uneasy still:

"There are also crew members who, in addition to being low-paid, sleep in communal quarters. They have bunk beds. They share bathrooms. They often eat together at mess halls".

Whilst it only states what I imagine we all already know, it begs the question how on earth can these issues be resolved, without massively redesigning the crew quarters, with all the inherent cost and time implications.

Edited by IDB37
Grammar
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, IDB37 said:

I've read a fair bit about the measures that are likely to be taken by Princess (& other Cruise lines) to improve ship cleanliness, food service, hand washing, etc. etc., but this quote from the news article referred to above, attributed to the CDC, is one which makes me feel more uneasy still:

"There are also crew members who, in addition to being low-paid, sleep in communal quarters. They have bunk beds. They share bathrooms. They often eat together at mess halls".

Whilst it only states what I imagine we all already know, it begs the question how on earth can these issues be resolved, without massively redesigning the crew quarters, with all the inherent cost and time implications.

An issue that it seems few here have mentioned.

13 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

I was aware that CCL had about $500 million in cash prior to the new debt/stock offerings however I was not aware of the $4.5 Billion in customer deposits.  Can you point me to a source?

Page 7 of CCL Corp 2019 Annual Report

As of November 30, 2019, "Customer Deposits" listed as 4.735 billiuon $, an increase from November 20, 2018 when it was 4.395 billion $.

This is listed under "Current Liabilities".

1 hour ago, IDB37 said:

And in quad inside cabins, passengers sleep in communal quarters including bunk beds mounted on the wall. They share bathrooms. They often eat together in the dining room or the buffet.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

As of November 30, 2019, "Customer Deposits" listed as 4.735 billiuon $, an increase from November 20, 2018 when it was 4.395 billion $.

To quote everett dirkson ...

"A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money"