Difference Between Haven and Suite Level on NCL Jade

adlb1300

Hi,

We are considering booking a Caribbean cruise on the Jade for either later this year or next year. In terms of rooms we are looking at either a room in the Haven or Suite class. I noticed in looking at prices the Suite class rooms are considerably less expensive; however, it mentions you still get the butler and concierge service. So my question is what exactly is the difference betwen the two and is it worth the extra cost? Specifically I was looking at a S4 class Suite which would be a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite with Balcony vs the H4 (The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony) or H6 (The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony) class in the Haven both of which are around $1K more in cost. Obviously what something is worth can be subjective but just curious if what the differences between them truly are and if anyone has stayed in them which they would recommend.

Thanks 

We went on the Jade mid December 2019 out of Singapore, I did ask the question here, as I was looking for options of Aft Penthouse suite vrs Haven, with the cost difference being around $2000/2500 per cabin. As the jade is a smaller ship, the difference did not seemed to justify the cost difference. We got all the perks, and mainly just not the location, although some Haven suites were also located near us. We boarded and disembark the same as Haven guest, breakfast and lunch same as Haven guest etc. and for those I talked to staying in Haven, they seemed to think it was not worth the extra cost, as they noted that they always saw me in the same places as them LOL All in it was a great cruise, and on the Jade I think all things being considered equal the PH suite was a great deal.

the difference is the haven lounge and their pool area (which is quite small) probably not wort the difference unless you absolutely MUST be in the haven.  the 2 bedroom suites are essentially the same rooms

On 5/2/2020 at 4:55 AM, complawyer said:

the difference is the haven lounge and their pool area (which is quite small) probably not wort the difference unless you absolutely MUST be in the haven.  the 2 bedroom suites are essentially the same rooms

That view is a bit simplistic.  The two-bed suites  in the Jewel Class Haven are identical to the two-bed suites not in the Haven apart from their location.  The Haven ones are nearer to the middle section of the ship, so are very marginally more stable at sea.

The main differences in structure are to do with how you view your personal space.  The Haven space expands your available space with a fully flexible volume.  The roof of the Haven can be open, partially closed or closed completely to allow that volume to be more liveable than is possible with the suite and balcony.  There is no full restaurant on the Jewel class ships, but breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks are served in the Haven by a dedicated butler.  Obviously, these facilities can be provided in suite, but it is totally down to how you value that extra space in the Haven.

As well as the main Haven area, there is a very large private sundeck above the Haven.  This space is at the top of the  ship and provides views outside, up to the sky, down the whole port side to the water line and to the stern.  Again, the value of this space is totally down to how you value your own space.  Clearly, if you are the sort of person who does not mind being confined to your cabin for inside and outside private space, the Haven suites are of little or no value.  However, if you value the extra personal space that the Haven provides, that uplift can make the difference in between "just a cruise" and "a full experience".  It's very personal, not just an unjustifiable "MUST".

If nothing else, the current lock-downs have shown a lot of people just how valuable personal space can be to your wellbeing and may change your view of how you want your cruise to be.

• Like 1

Location - H6 suites (8 of them)  deck 14 in the Haven right over Cagney's Moderno deck 13.

The S4 suites (10 of them) are forward on deck 11 and a half a ship walk to the suite restaurant.

Noise - Haven suites have no deck noise above or below - as opposed to the S4 suites potential noise from above

or below.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was just faced with the same decision for a very port-intensive Europe cruise next year. I ended up choosing an aft Penthouse (non-Haven) suite. The price difference between the two was substantial, and since we only have one sea day out of 12 it didn’t seem worth the cost. If we were going to be spending a lot of days on the ship I might have chosen differently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in the H4 Owner's Suite on the Jade and loved it. Here's why:

Two balconies,  1 large with full forward view. You can wave to the captain on the bridge. Yes, it can be windy if you are standing right at the railing but fine if you are lounging on a chaise. Another side balcony completely covered, perfect for dining or napping. 

1 1/2 bathrooms. Nice when multiple people are getting ready or if you have guests over.

Owner's Suites receive 3 full size bottles of liquor in suite with anything you desire to mix. (Limes, mint, bitters ect)

Stocked mini fridge with all you can drink bottled water, soda, juice ect

Access to the Haven. Although small and no restaurant like the big ships, it's still a nice escape.

Suite layout is awesome. Very open and spacious.

Deep soaking tub with a TV

For me, it would be worth it the extra money. 

It's been several years since we've been on Norwegian.

In looking at the Jade I see "Club" class.  What is that?  I remember mini suites (which did not get many suite benefits and were not really suites).  Is this the new name for Club class?

I do recall the aft balconies on Pearl and Jewel being suites but without the Haven.  Are they still called aft balconies.  I'm sure there's a whole bunch of posts explaining these changes, but I'm not even sure what to "search" for, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it.

(we live on the west coast of Florida and the fact that Jade is sailing from Tampa is interesting...that is if we ever get to go).

1 hour ago, mafig said:

It's been several years since we've been on Norwegian.

In looking at the Jade I see "Club" class.  What is that?  I remember mini suites (which did not get many suite benefits and were not really suites).  Is this the new name for Club class?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5286/

• Thanks 1

remember the quote " a rose by any other name" well the club class is the exact same cabin as the former mini-suite, except i believe you get 1 bag of free laundry, a bottle of wine (i think) and some goodies brought to your cabin one afternoon.  Much ado about nothing

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I read the linked article with the laundry & other minor perks, but that doesn't seem to be worth the $500+ upcharge from the regular balcony unless there is something else like - priority tender or shore excursions.

Which suites have that perk?

With only 1 sea day on my Greek Isles cruise don't think Haven is going to be worth it.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:48 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

Location - H6 suites (8 of them)  deck 14 in the Haven right over Cagney's Moderno deck 13.

The S4 suites (10 of them) are forward on deck 11 and a half a ship walk to the suite restaurant.

Noise - Haven suites have no deck noise above or below - as opposed to the S4 suites potential noise from above

or below.

If I am reading the deck plan properly the H5 suites have sun deck above them and restaurants and/or jogging track below them.  The S4 suites have a variety of things above them, some good some bad.  Deck 10 below the S4 suites is all cabins.  If you avoid the suites with obvious problems (below the Fitness Center for example) and pick one under, say, the card room or library, you have a location that is arguably quieter than the H5s.