Questions on Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit (merged May 4)

FLAlaska

1 hour ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

Here's our situation: We had two cabins booked, the first had 3 occupants, and the second cabin had 2.  The cruise was paid in full, but we hadn't added the names of the additional guests, only the primary is listed on each reservation. We were planning on adding the names soon,  but the cruise was part of this morning's round of cancellations.

If the FCC is tied to guest names, how will this work for us? 

Yes.

I was just on the phone to Carnival in the US for over an hour. My August Splendor sailing from Sydney was cancelled so I got the offer of $900AUD per cabin and I had over $1100 in Future Cruise Credit (I hadn't fully paid).  My situation is reversed to yours.  My original sailing had two passengers (me and my partner).  I booked a new cruise for November just for myself and hoped to move the entire Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit to the new sailing.  The guy from Carnival said it applies per passenger and so was only able to move one passenger FCC and OBC to this new sailing (half).  However, the remaining FCC remains with the second passenger.  I also only have $450 AUD OBC which is half of the offered $900

I take from this that if you're the only name on the original booking, all your FCC and OBC offered will move to the room entirely.

However, the guy had me on hold for  lot of that phone call as he was checking with his team leader for a lot of this information.  It was somewhat confusing because my new cruise was less than the original and I had booked the new cruise with an $800 deposit.  He mentioned taxes and fees would be refunded now and somehow he also refunded a remaining amount of $7 AUD.  But his computer system seemed to be able to handle that convoluted scenario.

Maybe book the new rooms exactly how did for the first cruise and then add passengers as needed to each room.

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, outatouch0 said:

How did you do this? Did you have to call in? 

You can make a booking, put a hold, use the form carnival provided, put in all info. Or, call carnival. Ive done it 4x for carnival and once for rccl in 8 weeks.

15 hours ago, glentally said:

I received OBC when I canceled a cruise for May.  I see different answers on other posts to the following question.

Now that my August cruise was canceled do I get an additional OBC as stated in the letter?

I would think the answer is yes or otherwise everyone would just ask for a full refund. 

No, you do not. The additional is the $600 they offer. If they kept giving obc for cancelled cruises, I would have $2400 in OBC.  I read the fine print and have asked this question multiple x's from carnival. If Im wrong, send me a link or actual proof!

Edited by jean87510

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, as stated you can use it for anything on board including charging slot play.  Anything charged onboard no exceptions

Thanks, can you also use it for shore excursions? I am guessing you would have to wait until the ship sails to sign up for the excursion ?

5 minutes ago, outatouch0 said:

Thanks, can you also use it for shore excursions? I am guessing you would have to wait until the ship sails to sign up for the excursion ?

Yes you can, and yes you have to wait until you are on board.😎

10 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I believe you have just defined 'cruise cash'. I'm quite sure that others will chime in, and tell me quite differently. I'm used to that. LOL.

Cruise cash is considered a different animal and I believe is applied last to onboard charges.  

When my May cruise was cancelled I elected for FCC on a July cruise. Now that the July cruise has been cancelled as well I requested a full refund. How will that work since I did not make any payments on that cruise?  *A portion of the FCC went to pay off my October cruise as the July cruise was cheaper than my May cruise. 

You may want to call. I also had a rebooked August cruise cancelled. Yesterday I called in and after an hour waiting on hold, I had my new cruise set up in about 15min. But he did ask if I wanted the refund and listed the amounts (some to card, rest to a gift card since that is how I paid for most of the trip). 

I guess I was not clear😃 I never asked for FCC on my July cruise that was just cancelled. It was purchased with FCC.....I already applied for the full refund. I am asking how the refund will be handled since no payments were made on it as it was purchased with FCC....

I had cruise booked for later this month (May) that was cancelled in the previous round of cancellations.  As a result, I received the email from Carnival which basically offered either a) full refund or b) 100% FCC plus $600 OBC.  When I read the fine print it says the FCC is “based on cancellation fees retained by Carnival”.  At the time of the cancellation (relative to the sail date), the refund policy In force for my ticket said the cancellation fee was 50% (excluding port fees & taxes).  at this time I had also paid for 100% of the cruise.

So, having selected the FCC/OBC option I’m assuming I’ll get 50% (+ port fees and taxes) refunded back to original form of payment plus 50% FCC I can use for a future cruise.  

Does anyone have direct experience to confirm the FCC is for the cancellation fee and not necessarily the full cruise total?

Edited by aaconsumer55

37 minutes ago, aaconsumer55 said:

I had cruise booked for later this month (May) that was cancelled in the previous round of cancellations.  As a result, I received the email from Carnival which basically offered either a) full refund or b) 100% FCC plus $600 OBC.  When I read the fine print it says the FCC is “based on cancellation fees retained by Carnival”.  At the time of the cancellation (relative to the sail date), the refund policy In force for my ticket said the cancellation fee was 50% (excluding port fees & taxes).  at this time I had also paid for 100% of the cruise.

So, having selected the FCC/OBC option I’m assuming I’ll get 50% (+ port fees and taxes) refunded back to original form of payment plus 50% FCC I can use for a future cruise.  

Does anyone have direct experience to confirm the FCC is for the cancellation fee and not necessarily the full cruise total?

FCC is just what you paid towards the cruise fare.  Everything else would be a straight refund.  I think the fine print was just not deleted

Our 

July 27th Cruise was canceled in this latest rounded of cancelations. We called today and took the FCC with OBC and rebooked another cruise for August 1st. Then tonight I receive an email (screenshot below) stating that I’m being assessed a cancellation fee of $75 per person. Is this a glitch in the system or what? Carnival canceled not me. 

78F3C5A8-C0E1-4C14-9129-8B99CB6C157F.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

FCC is just what you paid towards the cruise fare.  Everything else would be a straight refund.  I think the fine print was just not deleted

I talked to someone at ccl who said probably can also include port fees and taxes ... and such was the case on mine. So no refund of taxes and fees, was included in my fcc. Maybe you have to ask the right questions?

Other people have posted that also included their fees and port taxes. It's up to you if you want them included.

Edited by firefly333

5 minutes ago, CruiseLife2020 said:

Our 

July 27th Cruise was canceled in this latest rounded of cancelations. We called today and took the FCC with OBC and rebooked another cruise for August 1st. Then tonight I receive an email (screenshot below) stating that I’m being assessed a cancellation fee of $75 per person. Is this a glitch in the system or what? Carnival canceled not me. 

78F3C5A8-C0E1-4C14-9129-8B99CB6C157F.jpeg

I think I read to ignore this, it's a system glitch 

In the email I received it says:

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment”

in addition, the reference to FCC is notated with an asterisk with the fine print:

*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable

I booked via a TA so cancelled and re-booked through the same TA.
Now waiting on docs from TA that confirms my understanding.
waiting patiently

My cruise was cancelled and I elected FCC + $900 AUD onboard credit.  The initial cruise had a $500 deposit for the tow of us.

Upon using all the FCC, Carnival assessed my penatly at $250 per person (I guess that makes up the inital $500 deposit).  This was then added to a new cruise as a credit in the same manner as above.

The below image shows how the $500 inital deposit from my cancelled cruise was applied as a credit to this later cruise.

image.thumb.png.224c8af392b35fb2ce86ce8ffc40237d.png

So I have a multiple cruise cancellation conundrum.

What happens if you are booked on a 7 day cruise in July and it gets cancelled. Then you use the FCC and $600obc on a 5 day cruise in August.
But what happens if the 5 day gets cancelled?

How much OBC will you get for the next cruise? Will you get the original $600 or does it get bumped down to $300?

According to several other cruisers’ PVPs you will only get $300obc
On JH FB page, his assistant says you get to keep the $600.

I’m not sure what/who to “believe”🤷🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

4 hours ago, foggyphils said:

So I have a multiple cruise cancellation conundrum.

What happens if you are booked on a 7 day cruise in July and it gets cancelled. Then you use the FCC and $600obc on a 5 day cruise in August.
But what happens if the 5 day gets cancelled?

How much OBC will you get for the next cruise? Will you get the original $600 or does it get bumped down to $300?

According to several other cruisers’ PVPs you will only get $300obc
On JH FB page, his assistant says you get to keep the $600.

I’m not sure what/who to “believe”🤷🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, I can answer this one because it happened to me. Whatever prior cruise you are using the OBC for is the one you will get the OBC from. You got $600 for a five day cruise that came from a previously canceled 7 day cruise. But now the 5 day is canceled. So you book another cruise using the FCC and the OBC from the 5 day. Guess what? You will only get $300. Its still better than nothing. 

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I talked to someone at ccl who said probably can also include port fees and taxes ... and such was the case on mine. So no refund of taxes and fees, was included in my fcc. Maybe you have to ask the right questions?

Other people have posted that also included their fees and port taxes. It's up to you if you want them included.

You get taxes and fees refunded to method of payment.  If you have have identified your next cruise, your PVP may be able to move paid taxes and fees to the new booking but those are not consider FCC.  Only paid amount of cruise fare is considered FCC.  

10 hours ago, plettza said:

My cruise was cancelled and I elected FCC + $900 AUD onboard credit.  The initial cruise had a $500 deposit for the tow of us.

Upon using all the FCC, Carnival assessed my penatly at $250 per person (I guess that makes up the inital $500 deposit).  This was then added to a new cruise as a credit in the same manner as above.

The below image shows how the $500 inital deposit from my cancelled cruise was applied as a credit to this later cruise.

image.thumb.png.224c8af392b35fb2ce86ce8ffc40237d.png

That is because your deposit is part of your cruise fare.  

Just now, Elaine5715 said:

You get taxes and fees refunded to method of payment.  If you have have identified your next cruise, your PVP may be able to move paid taxes and fees to the new booking but those are not consider FCC.  Only paid amount of cruise fare is considered FCC.  

I have yet to get a email from ccl of amt. The day my cruise was cancelled I picked out a new one, my ta moved the entire amount from the cancelled cruise and gave me a fcc tracking number. If I ever get a fcc email from ccl I'll check it, but 100% was moved, and since fcc is 100% on ccl doesnt matter to me what it's called.