Cruise w/Confidece extended through April 2022 and adds Lift and Shift

suzyluvs2cruise

For new and existing bookings created by August 1, 2020, guests have the flexibility to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to sailing and receive a full credit of the cruise fare for a future cruise through April 2022. The cruise company has also enhanced "Cruise with Confidence" with new rebooking options.

The updates now available to travelers and their travel advisors include:

• "Best Price Guarantee": Guests can choose to change the price and promotional offer on their reservation up to 48 hours before their cruise.
  • "Lift and Shift": For ease and as close as 48 hours prior to sailing, travelers have the option to simply "lift and shift" their cruise to the same itinerary departing on a future date. The original price and promotional offer on the reservation will be protected, along with the length of the cruise and stateroom category.

Cruise with Confidence extended for sailing through April 2022

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

For new and existing bookings created by August 1, 2020, guests have the flexibility to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to sailing and receive a full credit of the cruise fare for a future cruise through April 2022. The cruise company has also enhanced "Cruise with Confidence" with new rebooking options.

The updates now available to travelers and their travel advisors include:

• "Best Price Guarantee": Guests can choose to change the price and promotional offer on their reservation up to 48 hours before their cruise.
  • "Lift and Shift": For ease and as close as 48 hours prior to sailing, travelers have the option to simply "lift and shift" their cruise to the same itinerary departing on a future date. The original price and promotional offer on the reservation will be protected, along with the length of the cruise and stateroom category.

Cruise with Confidence extended for sailing through April 2022

Yes, this is on the RCL website, but when you click the link from there to Azamara, nothing has changed. It still says Cruise with Confidence only applies to cruise up to 1 September and cruises have to be taken by 31 December 2021! No mention of ‘Lift & Shift’.

I hope this does happen for Azamara cruises! 

42 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, this is on the RCL website, but when you click the link from there to Azamara, nothing has changed. It still says Cruise with Confidence only applies to cruise up to 1 September and cruises have to be taken by 31 December 2021! No mention of ‘Lift & Shift’.

I hope this does happen for Azamara cruises! 

I think Azamara's website hasn't been updated yet. image.gif.881b59477ec9fbbb59ded5bf80a03a1c.gif From the Press Release it does apply to all 3 RCCL brands 😀

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

On RCL website it states the lift and shift has to be carried out by August 1st 2020 when it expires!

Maybe August 1st is the date on which RCL plans to resume Cruising?

I see that Carnival have announced August 1 as their intended re-start. 

Likewise we received the email this morning. Website remains as at 16 April.

Might ease the pressure on refunds a little as the next round of cruise suspensions must surely hit within the next week.

Edited by Baynanno1

I got the email too. The Cruise with Confidence bit on the website has changed, but I noticed that when you click through to the Cancellation Form, which is an RCL form, it still says your FCC has to be used on cruises up to 31 December 2021, not the new April 2022 date.

It’s a mess, someone needs to properly proof read every link, there’s also a lack of punctuation that’s causing confusion.    The message needs simplifying. It can be interpreted as you have to book by 1 August or you have to request a change by 1 August.  It needs a simple scenario table, and consistency when you click through to the following links before it can be trusted.  Otherwise you’re hostage to fortune whatever you do.

At first I thought ok, maybe I will do a booking for next year with a FCC but given the muddled communication I’ve gone right off that plan again now. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

It’s a mess, someone needs to properly proof read every link, there’s also a lack of punctuation that’s causing confusion.    The message needs simplifying. It can be interpreted as you have to book by 1 August or you have to request a change by 1 August.  It needs a simple scenario table, and consistency when you click through to the following links before it can be trusted.  Otherwise you’re hostage to fortune whatever you do.

At first I thought ok, maybe I will do a booking for next year with a FCC but given the muddled communication I’ve gone right off that plan again now. 

I agree that the statement issued is not as clear as it might be, but perhaps the intent is contained in this:

The policy applies to all cruises with sailing dates on or before April 2022 and across the company's global brands

I'm inclined to interpret that as meaning that the revised cancellation policy will apply to all cruises up to April 2022, but with a qualification (earlier in the statement) that the cruise must be booked by August 1st this year (or already booked). 

56 minutes ago, blag said:

I agree that the statement issued is not as clear as it might be, but perhaps the intent is contained in this:

The policy applies to all cruises with sailing dates on or before April 2022 and across the company's global brands

I'm inclined to interpret that as meaning that the revised cancellation policy will apply to all cruises up to April 2022, but with a qualification (earlier in the statement) that the cruise must be booked by August 1st this year (or already booked). 

I would never interpret a communication from Royal Caribbean - always get it clarified by them as there is no logic to their interpretation, sorry long memories here on that one!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, john1970 said:

How would the lift and shift work for Azamara as a lot of their itineraries are unique and not replicated exactly. Would similar voyages be allowed?

Hi John1970,

There is some flexibility since as you say most of our itineraries are unique. Basically we require the alternate sailing to be similar in destination, length and season of the subsequent year.

The specific language from our Terms & Conditions for our new Cruise with Confidence are: "“Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with Azamara on the same product (itinerary type) and cruise length (+/- one sail night), scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, Azamara will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before 1 August 2020. 

3 hours ago, cruiservirginia said:

Bonnie,  Does this apply to existing bookings or only to new bookings?  Thanks for your assistance.

Hi cruisevirginia,

The new Cruise With Confidence does apply to existing bookings, with a few caveats, and to new bookings made by August 1, 2020:

Azamara’s “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before 1 August 2020, for cruises sailing between 12 June 2020 and 30 April 2022

24 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi John1970,

There is some flexibility since as you say most of our itineraries are unique. Basically we require the alternate sailing to be similar in destination, length and season of the subsequent year.

The specific language from our Terms & Conditions for our new Cruise with Confidence are: "“Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with Azamara on the same product (itinerary type) and cruise length (+/- one sail night), scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, Azamara will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before 1 August 2020. 

I expect that our July cruise will be cancelled.

I am tempted by the 'Lift and Shift' option, but not for 2021.

We already have a cruise booked with Azamara for March, to include my 70th birthday. I don't think we'd want to take another cruise in 2021. Do you think it would be possible to 'Lift and Shift' to 2022? (I probably don't deserve an answer. I should have checked first. There are no sailings listed for ± one month from July 2022! DUHHH! But the principle still applies, just in case.)

Edited by blag
Discovered more info

8 minutes ago, blag said:

I expect that our July cruise will be cancelled.

I am tempted by the 'Lift and Shift' option, but not for 2021.

We already have a cruise booked with Azamara for March, to include my 70th birthday. I don't think we'd want to take another cruise in 2021. Do you think it would be possible to 'Lift and Shift' to 2022?

That is a tough one since our July 2022 itineraries aren't yet published, and per the Cruise With Confidence T&C's, Lift & Shift has to be requested by this August 1st. 

I think you should wait to see what happens with your July 2020 voyage to see a) if it sails (I personally hope so!), and b) if not, what the offer is, or c) as a backup plan you could cancel up to 48-hours ahead and take the FCC. 

Bonnie, can I also ask whether you can apply an FCC to existing 2021 bookings? Previously I think you said that was possible, but the new wording only talks about new bookings.

We are due to cruise in October this year and haven’t paid our final balance. We also have a booking for November 2021. We’re unlikely to want to go this year, so have to decide whether to cancel before paying the final balance or to pay the final balance then cancel later for an FCC to apply to next year’s cruise

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

That is a tough one since our July 2022 itineraries aren't yet published, and per the Cruise With Confidence T&C's, Lift & Shift has to be requested by this August 1st. 

I think you should wait to see what happens with your July 2020 voyage to see a) if it sails (I personally hope so!), and b) if not, what the offer is, or c) as a backup plan you could cancel up to 48-hours ahead and take the FCC. 

Thanks Bonnie.

Are you able to confirm whether package prices will be pegged for those who elect to 'Lift and Shift'? I have heard predictions that specialty dining, drinks packages, shore excursions etc. are likely to increase in price to a significant degree. 

Edited by blag
Re-think

7 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Bonnie, can I also ask whether you can apply an FCC to existing 2021 bookings? Previously I think you said that was possible, but the new wording only talks about new bookings.

We are due to cruise in October this year and haven’t paid our final balance. We also have a booking for November 2021. We’re unlikely to want to go this year, so have to decide whether to cancel before paying the final balance or to pay the final balance then cancel later for an FCC to apply to next year’s cruise

Yes, it applies to existing bookings for voyages between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022..

Cruise With Confidence

Azamara’s “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before 1 August 2020, for cruises sailing between 12 June 2020 and 30 April 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the alternate sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing. 

1 minute ago, blag said:

Thanks Bonnie.

Are you able to confirm whether package prices will be pegged? I have heard predictions that specialty dining, drinks packages, shore excursions etc. are likely to increase in price to a significant degree. 

I have not heard anything about the future of onboard package prices. 

Bonnie - a bit off topic but we're booked on Pursuit July 6 British Isles starting in Dublin. In looking at Ireland's plan to re-open it doesn't look like hotels or pubs will be open before our scheduled departure date so it's not looking good for our cruise and/or flying into Dublin.  Do you know when Azamara will make it's next announcement re: cancellations? 

Ireland Plan to Reopen