Not showing Southern Caribbean itinerary

MLW070

I booked the Horizon Southern Caribbean 8 day cruise for September 5th a few days ago. There was around 6 different sailing dates from August to October and I noticed yesterday the i8 day Southern Caribbean cruises on Horizon for those months have all went away. I thought it was strange that all six cruise dates disappeared. Does anyone know if they are likely to be able to dock in Aruba and Curacao?

Has anyone else noticed this or know anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I highly doubt anything is sold out. Other cruise lines are not sold out. And I have not ever seen so many fall cruises book out in May. LOL. I bet clearer heads at Carnival are rethinking just how much cruising is going to be allowed and how many ports are actually going to be open. Especially in the Southern Caribbean and Mexico. They may be deciding to open a lot slower and keep it to 3-5 day cruises thru the fall. A lot less refunds to process.

• Like 1

We were scheduled for the June 27th cruise on the Panorama and when that was canceled earlier this week I booked a 6 day on the Horizon using FCC and grabbing the generous OBC. When I did this rebook my PVP told me they were only going to be sailing the Horizon at 50 percent capacity which could explain those disappearing cruises. It could be something else but they my be closely monitoring the numbers. That's my positive and hopefully take on what you have been seeing. 

Edited by outdoors27
Typo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I highly doubt anything is sold out. Other cruise lines are not sold out. And I have not ever seen so many fall cruises book out in May. LOL. I bet clearer heads at Carnival are rethinking just how much cruising is going to be allowed and how many ports are actually going to be open. Especially in the Southern Caribbean and Mexico. They may be deciding to open a lot slower and keep it to 3-5 day cruises thru the fall. A lot less refunds to process.

They already announced that they were limiting capacity on sailings so yes, sold out.

33 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Even at 50 percent capacity they are not selling out so many cruises. LOL.

Based on what was available two nights ago I think mine was well over 50%. SoCab is a popular route. I've had it booked for over a year.

5 hours ago, Tjcalley said:

I just checked the website and mine is Back! Aruba , Bonaire and Grand Turk 

Our September 5th Horizon Cruise has disappeared tonight. We are scheduled to visit Aruba, Curaçao, LaRomana, and Amber Cove. 

Hello all,

I see folks are looking at sailings in Aug - Sept timeframe.  Just curious.  You folks think the virus will have run it's course by then, we'll have a cure in place or just think it's not that big of a deal?  Thanks in advance for responses!!

3 hours ago, dandeck said:

Hello all,

I see folks are looking at sailings in Aug - Sept timeframe.  Just curious.  You folks think the virus will have run it's course by then, we'll have a cure in place or just think it's not that big of a deal?  Thanks in advance for responses!!

There may be a treatment around then but there won’t be a vaccine until next year. I can’t speak for everyone here but my cruise has been booked for over a year. 

My 8 day cruise on the Breeze scheduled for October 2020 was booked a year ago.  When I checked my cruise yesterday  morning, it was still listed.  I called Carnival and added the name of the second passenger in my stateroom. 

I checked my booking last night to make sure all the info was correct on their web site and the cruise for my sail dates had disappeared and it is not there this morning (5/9).  

The two 6 day cruises scheduled in October on the Breeze are still showing but not the 8 day cruises.

You also have to take itineraries as a sort of mystery cruise at this point as Roatan and many other islands have not yet decided when cruise ships can return and restrictions such as masks, temp checks etc they will require. So what itinerary is listed now is really tentative except private islands

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tjcalley said:

Mine for December disappeared BUT I did see one in November on my shop to the Southern Caribbean. Someone said that the full cruises are being pulled because of capacity 

My October 10 cruise on the Breeze disappeared, but the short cruises before and after are still there.  I'm hoping it is because the ship is full....or as full as they are going to allow.

I have been checking to for a price drop, I'm thinking that ain't gonna happen.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:43 PM, skrufy said:

Our September 5th Horizon Cruise has disappeared tonight. We are scheduled to visit Aruba, Curaçao, LaRomana, and Amber Cove. 

According to my call with Carnival Rep 5/11/2020 8 PM call this sailing is sold out. Doesn't mean that a few rooms won't pop up.