Allure Aquatheater suite

I have a chance at  one bedroom aquatheater suite (11330) on the Allure for next August.

Price is really good - we already have a junior suite booked on the sailing but very tempted to change to this suite - I have checked out some videos on YouTube and it looks great.

But are there any downsides to this room? 

Or you can tell me how great it is also!!

We were considering- but we got a great deal on a Crown Loft.  The location is great- near the suite lounge and restaurant.  Also the suite so much bigger with two bathrooms. The two story suite and view is fantastic as we have had it before. 

IMO a much better suite.

The only real ++ for the ATS are the view and the balcony, IMO.  It is worth doing once.  I would not do the 1 BR ATS unless you can get deck 11.  For decks 12 and 14, the balconies are waaaytoo small and the balcony advantage is pretty much negated.

Since the 1 BR ATS are add-ons from the original design on Allure and Oasis, the bathroom ceilings are very low.  If you have anyone in your family much above 6' in height, it may prove to be a problem.

I agree that the walk all the way aft is a major detractor but I also do not care for the stairs in the loft suites so it's a wash there, for me.  I definitely prefer the 17th floor but I would encourage anyone who has an interest to check out the ATS once just so that they can say they did !!  We did 1, 1 BR ATS and 3, 2 BR ATS but now we steer clear of the ATS area.  I feel that the Genie service in the AT suites is negatively affected due to the isolation of those suites.  I have received much better Genie service when I have been on 17.  Of course, that isn't a factor for the 1 BR ATS.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

The only real ++ for the ATS are the view and the balcony, IMO.  It is worth doing once.  I would not do the 1 BR ATS unless you can get deck 11.  For decks 12 and 14, the balconies are waaaytoo small and the balcony advantage is pretty much negated.

Since the 1 BR ATS are add-ons from the original design on Allure and Oasis, the bathroom ceilings are very low.  If you have anyone in your family much above 6' in height, it may prove to be a problem.

I agree that the walk all the way aft is a major detractor but I also do not care for the stairs in the loft suites so it's a wash there, for me.  I definitely prefer the 17th floor but I would encourage anyone who has an interest to check out the ATS once just so that they can say they did !!  We did 1, 1 BR ATS and 3, 2 BR ATS but now we steer clear of the ATS area.  I feel that the Genie service in the AT suites is negatively affected due to the isolation of those suites.  I have received much better Genie service when I have been on 17.  Of course, that isn't a factor for the 1 BR ATS.

It will be deck 11 or not at all , as there are 4 other cabins in our party and I chose them all on deck 11 to be close to each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Light bleed from the video screens at night is annoying

Hadn't thought of that as a downside - it might annoy my wife - she likes a completely dark room.

Would there be much problem with noise from the aquatheater with the room doors closed?

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Hadn't thought of that as a downside - it might annoy my wife - she likes a completely dark room.

Would there be much problem with noise from the aquatheater with the room doors closed?

We were on 8, noise wasn't an issue.

We also had a lot more glass than 11 has

We were in the Sky Loft (Star Loft now) then an A1 both on Oasis and felt they both had good and bad points.  Deck 17 is much nicer than the long walk down the narrow hallway to the A1.  The genie service seemed to be better, at least for us, when we were in the A1 and maybe that was the genie not the area.  Did not notice any noise and light did not seem to be a problem at night.  Hope you enjoy whatever room you decide to get.  We will be on Allure, hopefully, in their A1 March .

We stayed in 11730 on Allure and LOVED it. The balcony and view were amazing. We liked being at the back of the ship. The walk to the elevators was no big deal and the big upside was that it was extremely quiet back there due to the lack of foot traffic. We’d stay in an ATS on deck 11 again in a heartbeat. 

We were in the 2bedroom spacious ATS deck 8 on Harmony of the Seas during Hurricanes Irma, Jose & Maria. We were at sea for 10 days and then a 4 day b2b since most of FL was still shut down at that time. The ATS was perfect for the 6 of us. That huge balcony was amazing. We ate many meals out on deck as the weather was perfect with 1 day being the only exception. We had 13ft swells for about 24hrs. Captain kept us about 900 miles away from any given storm. Our Genies Daniel & Andre were terrific!

Am I correct in saying that there is a bathtub with a shower above it (not a separate shower) in the deck 11330 - I cannot find any pictures of this actual room , but I assume it is a mirror image of 11730.

The walk from the elevators doesn't bother me so that is not an issue.

From several replies here (thank you) looks like noise is not an issue.

It moves us further away from the cabins in the rest of our party , but it's still on the same deck on the same side , so again not really a problem. 

In our party There is a family of 5 in a spacious oceanview balcony so the extra room we would have in our cabin would be great - one or more of our nephews and nieces could spend a bit of time in our room or on our balcony- I know they would love it.

The other option on that deck is a grand suite which offers more space than the junior suite  and the same perks as the aqua suite but for less money (£1000 less than the AS).

However it doesn't have the "wow" factor of the aquatheater suite.

Decisions,  decisions !

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Five in an oceanview.  That is tough- one bathroom- limited storage space?  They should consider other options.

It's the ultra spacious family oceanview - there are 5 of them on deck 11. Yes it's one bathroom , but the cabin is the size of a junior suite. It was the most economical option to get them all in a balcony cabin of some sort.

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

It's the ultra spacious family oceanview - there are 5 of them on deck 11. Yes it's one bathroom , but the cabin is the size of a junior suite. It was the most economical option to get them all in a balcony cabin of some sort.

My son, daughter in law and three kids had it and really complained.  Two bunk beds, which in a JR suite is a closet- and a sleeper couch.  They complained about storage and the one bathroom was a problem.  Next cruise, they will take adjoining CPV staterooms on deck 9.  Also a cost effective option, and more room with two bathrooms

We originally booked an ATS on Allure for November (because Oasis for April was cancelled).  I wanted a Crown Loft Suite but none were available.  I watched the website every day and a CLS became available last week.  I switched in a heartbeat!  Here's why:

I was not happy about the loss of a bathroom (we have an 11 YO granddaughter), I wanted the suite only deck so we'd be closer to the Coastal Kitchen and the suite sun deck.  And I really wanted to try a 2 story cabin.

While I will admit the balcony on ATS is impressive, it just wasn't enough to sell me.  We were originally on Deck 14 until I realized how small the balcony was, then we switched to Deck 12.  Still, part of the balcony was EXTREMELY narrow.  I may try one another time but I just had my heart set on a CLS.

12 hours ago, gamecock411 said:

We originally booked an ATS on Allure for November (because Oasis for April was cancelled).  I wanted a Crown Loft Suite but none were available.  I watched the website every day and a CLS became available last week.  I switched in a heartbeat!  Here's why:

I was not happy about the loss of a bathroom (we have an 11 YO granddaughter), I wanted the suite only deck so we'd be closer to the Coastal Kitchen and the suite sun deck.  And I really wanted to try a 2 story cabin.

While I will admit the balcony on ATS is impressive, it just wasn't enough to sell me.  We were originally on Deck 14 until I realized how small the balcony was, then we switched to Deck 12.  Still, part of the balcony was EXTREMELY narrow.  I may try one another time but I just had my heart set on a CLS.

Having had the CLS multiple times, and will again, if the world opens, in January, it is our favorite suite on the ship- thus far.  You will love the views, the space in the stateroom and yes the two bathrooms.  On our last cruise this past January on the Harmony, we also travelled with our granddaughter and she had her own space and bathroom. 

We love being near the suite lounge and restaurant.  The service from the cabin attendants was excellent.  While the balcony isn't huge- we find we do not use it so much.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:58 AM, Trixie21 said:

Am I correct in saying that there is a bathtub with a shower above it (not a separate shower) in the deck 11330 - I cannot find any pictures of this actual room , but I assume it is a mirror image of 11730.

The walk from the elevators doesn't bother me so that is not an issue.

From several replies here (thank you) looks like noise is not an issue.

It moves us further away from the cabins in the rest of our party , but it's still on the same deck on the same side , so again not really a problem. 

In our party There is a family of 5 in a spacious oceanview balcony so the extra room we would have in our cabin would be great - one or more of our nephews and nieces could spend a bit of time in our room or on our balcony- I know they would love it.

The other option on that deck is a grand suite which offers more space than the junior suite  and the same perks as the aqua suite but for less money (£1000 less than the AS).

However it doesn't have the "wow" factor of the aquatheater suite.

Decisions,  decisions !

If I can get this to work, the video I took when we were on Allure will answer some of your questions. The wow factor of the balcony was real. We spent a lot more time out there than we’ve spent on any other balcony we’ve had. We caught the AT show from there a couple of times and also got to see the divers practicing. The wake view was amazing. In one of the ports, someone yelled over from another ship and asked what kind of room we were in. 🙂 

ETA: I'll try to post the video again later. I'm having issues with my privacy settings in Vimeo.

Edited by LisaLisa87