Has Marina's suite undergone renovation

Hawaiidan

Does any one have information or experience  in sailing on Marina and can tell em if they have changes over the decor in the top suites  from the old motif/

Pictures would be grast as comments     Marina was supposed to get done over in April/may        Did it happen or not. ?

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

good....   I love the  old  ship... not  the new look they are touting

Did like the old ship but it is time for a refurb.  Should have been done a year ago. 

1 hour ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:712914/zoom:9

Marina appears to still be off Miami where it has stayed since completing it's BA to (Lima) Miami cruise in March.

probably will be there until the CDC/USCG lifts the  No sail Conditions  or they comply with the  new rules for US ports like all the other ships floating  near by

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I kind of like the new area  at Baristas   I saw a video on You Tube  of Riviera  that area looked  much improved

The rumor from an OCA was on the new A ship the “ Bar” out of Barista was coming off. They were turning it into a sit down, white tablecloth, style cafe. Additionally, they were moving the Afternoon Noon Tea there and out of Horizons. Likewise, along with early morning coffee and treats. The bar mgr in Horizons said that was the best attribute he’d heard of! Get rid of all the conflicting transitions between Tea and Happy Hour in Horizons

😢 Now the future of the “ A” ships is in limbo! We may never learn what name for that ship was chosen. 

Edited by pinotlover

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Additionally, they were moving the Afternoon Noon Tea there

Is it going to be big enough - the afternoon teas are very popular' And don't forget the quartet.

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The rumor from an OCA was on the new A ship the “ Bar” out of Barista was coming off. They were turning it into a sit down, white tablecloth, style cafe.

I am talking about  the O class ship   & I like the new seating area for Baristas

Since  you are baiting people again  her is my opinion

Whether  they do that on the Allure class is another story   will wait  to see when/if  they are built

I think it would be a big mistake to move afternoon tea to a smaller space

YMMV

I believe I saw that Baristas had been expanded since we last sailed on her, but I can't believe even with taking some of the internet cafe space that it would be sufficient for afternoon tea!  Doesn't sound like a great idea to me, but then, what do I know?  I'll answer that:  Not much!

Whenever we attended the tea in Horizons it was very well attended.  (I admit we didn't go all that often.)  No, they didn't take up the entire space!  But even so ...

So I'm with Paul.

Mura

8 minutes ago, Mura said:

I believe I saw that Baristas had been expanded since we last sailed on her, but I can't believe even with taking some of the internet cafe space that it would be sufficient for afternoon tea!

Especially as you need space for the trollies to get around and hopefully a serving table as well.

And let's not forget social distancing....

From her comments, the entire ship is/ was being redesigned . The new A ship was not going to look just like a slightly remodeled O ship. It was going to be a new feature. I’m sure someone was both thinking outside the box AND clearly understands the capacity needs of Afternoon Tea. Where did the belief come they were just copying the design of an O ship?

Additionally, I just thought that maybe a coffee cafe, with pastries and finger food, might suffice some of the problems of the famished returning from tours with the GDR closed at lunch. That was just me, nothing the OCA said in her comments on speculative changes with the new ship.

Edited by pinotlover

Aha, thank you!  I missed that this Baristas "refit" was to be on the "A" ships.  And I don't think I was alone.  From the comments, it seems like some others were also thinking we were talking about the "O" ships.

That's a huge difference.

Mura

2 hours ago, Mura said:

Aha, thank you!  I missed that this Baristas "refit" was to be on the "A" ships.  And I don't think I was alone.  From the comments, it seems like some others were also thinking we were talking about the "O" ships.

That's a huge difference.

Mura

I was talking about the O ship Riviera  & the Baristas /computer area was revamped ..more seating with tables & chairs  larger food area /selection  the computer area was moved  & is much smaller by the description

It looked a lot more functional  as Baristas can get very crowed at times 😉

Lyn, my point was that I (and some others) were thinking that changing Baristas into the tea venue was on the "O" ships, and apparently that is not the case.

I rarely visited Baristas on the "O" this -- a couple of times I did pick up a coffee there.  I do realize (although I didn't see it since this happened after our last cruise on an "O" ship) that some space was taken on the "O" ships from the computer area and given over to Baristas.  But I couldn't envision doing tea there!  The original Baristas on the "O" ships was indeed quite small.  But EVEN with additional space from the computer cafe, I wonder how it could handle afternoon tea.

Turns out, we're talking about different ships.  If the "A' ships -- should they come on board as scheduled -- should well be able to design a Baristas space that will accommodate the afternoon tea people and leave Horizons for the serious drinkers ...

Or am I still confused???????????

Mura

27 minutes ago, Mura said:

Lyn, my point was that I (and some others) were thinking that changing Baristas into the tea venue was on the "O" ships, and apparently that is not the case.

I rarely visited Baristas on the "O" this -- a couple of times I did pick up a coffee there.  I do realize (although I didn't see it since this happened after our last cruise on an "O" ship) that some space was taken on the "O" ships from the computer area and given over to Baristas.  But I couldn't envision doing tea there!  The original Baristas on the "O" ships was indeed quite small.  But EVEN with additional space from the computer cafe, I wonder how it could handle afternoon tea.

Turns out, we're talking about different ships.  If the "A' ships -- should they come on board as scheduled -- should well be able to design a Baristas space that will accommodate the afternoon tea people and leave Horizons for the serious drinkers ...

Or am I still confused???????????

Mura

I do not see a problem with the HH & Tea in the same venue  they are different times  anyway

supposedly most people take the Prestige Package  so why worry about HH

They could just change HH to 5:30 pm then no problem LOL

Time will tell what will happen with the A ships 

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I kind of like the new area  at Baristas   I saw a video on You Tube  of Riviera  that area looked  much improved

On Riviera in March I was impressed with the conversion of the former computer area into the new Baristas space.  Certainly in the last few years all that space devoted to all those desktops indeed was a huge waste.  However, that entire new Baristas space barely could hold the string quartet that plays at afternoon tea, let alone any audience. 😀

I sincerely hope Oceania will be able to proceed with the Allure ships construction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

So are these thoughts about retrofitting considering social distancing and other restrictions?

Best outcome would be an effective vaccine and /or cure and social distancing would be forgotten forever (like public phone booths 😀).

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Best outcome would be an effective vaccine and /or cure and social distancing would be forgotten forever (like public phone booths 😀).

Oh, I totally agree. But it doesn't seem like the cruise lines and the often rabid cruisers are willing to wait for what could be quite a while.

13 hours ago, clo said:

So are these thoughts about retrofitting considering social distancing and other restrictions?

The more restrictions there are the less fun cruising will be. To do social distancing you will need a ship twice the size with less guests than on the ships now.  The O ships maybe 1000 in the future.

12 minutes ago, RJB said:

The more restrictions there are the less fun cruising will be.

Someone recently mentioned the "F-word" aka "fun." I believe that if the cruise ships make it as arduous as some public venues then people simply won't go. Hmm, just flashed on something. If people make payments and THEN the cruise line retrofit their ships and staff to this non-fun mode, will the pax get refunds. I'm betting "terms and conditions" don't address that.

17 minutes ago, RJB said:

The more restrictions there are the less fun cruising will be. To do social distancing you will need a ship twice the size with less guests than on the ships now.  The O ships maybe 1000 in the future.

I hope & believe that social distancing is needed only now until a vaccine and/or cure is found.

No need to build new ships with this concept in mind because if social distancing is the only and best thing we can do for COVID in the future then there is no future in cruising IMO.

• Like 1