Best way to upgrade from Interior to Balcony

Elbozi

On a booked Mardi Gras cruise in November.  Originally booked this through Costco.   Is it best to try through Costco to pay for  a upgrade?  Or Contact Carnival.   Try every day?   Anyone been successful at a scenario like this?  I'm not worried about price.  Just changed my mind on the interior thing.

Thanks

Not allowed to discuss travel agents, but since you used one and carnival is paying them a commission to handle your booking carnival wouldnt talk to you.

You could get a last minute offer to upgrade for cheap, though there have been discussions in the past if you will get them if you didnt book direct. Idk.

Just keep checking the price and if you see one you are satisfied call your TA. Just do a mock booking, no reason to call daily until you see a price you like

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elbozi said:

On a booked Mardi Gras cruise in November.  Originally booked this through Costco.   Is it best to try through Costco to pay for  a upgrade?  Or Contact Carnival.   Try every day?   Anyone been successful at a scenario like this?  I'm not worried about price.  Just changed my mind on the interior thing.

Thanks

Since Costco is your travel 'agent of record', anything having to do with your cruise must go through your agent. If you call Carnival they will just say 'sorry, I can't help you. You have to go through your travel agent.' I found that out the hard way last year.

• Like 2

Oh oh, carnival closed bookings on every November Mardi Gras sailing. All you can do is get on a wait list. Limited capacity seems to have been reached.

Maybe your ta has some group space, your best hope.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh oh, carnival closed bookings on every November Mardi Gras sailing. All you can do is get on a wait list. Limited capacity seems to have been reached.

Maybe your ta has some group space, your best hope.

Thanks for the info firefly333  😃 & Joe817 😄.   Looks like this is going to be a uphill battle 🙃.   I called the big box membership store, and they are not taking calls-at-all in relation to cruises.   "Due to unprecedented call volume in relation to cruises, we are not taking calls, thank you and good bye"      

3 minutes ago, Elbozi said:

Thanks for the info firefly333  😃 & Joe817 😄.   Looks like this is going to be a uphill battle 🙃.   I called the big box membership store, and they are not taking calls-at-all in relation to cruises.   "Due to unprecedented call volume in relation to cruises, we are not taking calls, thank you and good bye"      

I tried a ta site that marked all those nov sailings closed I cant post as we cant name ta.

But on carnival.com I put in your ship and nov. I'm assuming it's a new ship that might be arriving and seems to be a problem. Even carnival.com says no cruises on that ship this November. 

Something seems up, is it just coming out of dry dock and late, I dont follow the news but seem to remember seeing something. See if you can find out when mardi gras arrives .. idk but it doesnt look like its sailing this nov. . .but what do I know.  But check carnival.com yourself

20200511_150056774.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I tried a ta site that marked all those nov sailings closed I cant post as we cant name ta.

But on carnival.com I put in your ship and nov. I'm assuming it's a new ship that might be arriving and seems to be a problem. Even carnival.com says no cruises on that ship this November. 

Something seems up, is it just coming out of dry dock and late, I dont follow the news but seem to remember seeing something. See if you can find out when mardi gras arrives .. idk but it doesnt look like its sailing this nov. . .but what do I know.  But check carnival.com yourself

The Mardi Gras is a brand new ship, not a refurb. It's probably been sold out for months. 

Googling trying to get a firm date and no success. You may have a change of ships and a cheaper way to upgrade. 

Mardi Gras is the largest ever cruise ship for Carnival Cruise Line and the vessel has already been delayed during construction not related to COVID-19. For now, the LNG powered vessel is set to debut from Port Canaveral on November 14 but this could of course change due to the fluid situation impacting the cruise industry.

Shipyards To Slowly Begin Operations Again

As the cruise industry comes to just about a complete pause there is hope within one area of the sector and that’s cruise ship construction. Fincantieri which is a major shipbuilder in Italy and the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in France will both be softly getting back to business which includes the construction on some new cruise ships.

According to a report, Fincantieri is gradually bringing operations back and so far only a limited number of workers have returned depending on the shipyards that the company owns.

The shipbuilder has implemented strict rules to keep workers safe and not spread the virus. Social distancing will remain at all times, temperature checks at the entrance to yards, medical teams, and more. Fincantieri is also providing a pack of 20 masks per week to each worker.

Fincantieri and all its eight shipyards have been closed since March 16 due to the pandemic which hit Italy hard. The country is among the largest impacted by COVID-19 and according to John Hopkins University currently has 189,973 confirmed infections and sadly 25,549 deaths.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The Mardi Gras is a brand new ship, not a refurb. It's probably been sold out for months. 

I'm on the first sailing (one before op) and mine was sold out well before covid cancellations.  Not to mention OPs week is Thanksgiving week. 

Any changes involving cost must go thru your TA .

OP's sailing date is of the 16 Mardi Gras sailings that went to Sold Out overnight a couple months ago.

Appears to be a capacity control that may or may not change before sailing.

That being the case , OP will not be able to upgrade but hope for a complementary upgrade, at best, if the ship is indeed sailing at reduced capacity .

It still wouldnt surprise me if the ship is late being launched. Carnival will have ships to spare, wouldnt want to rush the costs to finish this one imo. Not until their cash flow is established.

We will see, but when I read the shipyard already lost a month.....

Just to follow up on this,  I was on a three way call today between my TA and Carnival.   Carnival has this cruise locked up, meaning they are not allowed to make any changes to it other than cancellations.   Carnival rep, indicated that it wasn't sold out,  that their is availability,  she said to try again in a month.