Ketchikan water shuttle required

puppymama1

We just rebooked this year's cancelled Princess cruise for the exact same itinerary and same ship (Coral Princess) for June 2021.  When I print out the itinerary, it shows "water shuttle required" for Ketchikan, and it didn't say that on the previous itinerary... Just wondering what changed that we can't dock in Ketchikan... does anyone know what happened?  It's not a major deal, we were just curious... thanks!

Assume it means they will be tendering. It all depends on how the docks are allocated. Perhaps Princess voluntarily chose to tender, or there were other predetermined conditions. Usually the docking/tendering arrangements become public in around January.

It could also change, and you could be docking.

From my experience on the Coral Princess in August 2019, when we arrived at Ketchikan, Royal Princess was at dock and there was no room for Coral.  It seems, understandably, that the larger ship with more guests aboard will be given dock space while a smaller vessel with fewer guests will use their tenders.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:17 PM, SightCRR said:

With the new Ward Cove dock for NCL I think that it is way to early to figure out docking for 06/21. sightcrr

This will be "interesting"   it's not going to be a real good option with a 1/2 port day-  that is the norm with some schedules.    And I doubt many services are going to temporarily move there,  or have the ability to do so?    More transportation costs involved for some vendors.   And overload with Totem Bight and Ward Lake.   Big negative with car rentals-  unless able to have service nearby?    

14 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

This will be "interesting"   it's not going to be a real good option with a 1/2 port day-  that is the norm with some schedules.    And I doubt many services are going to temporarily move there,  or have the ability to do so?    More transportation costs involved for some vendors.   And overload with Totem Bight and Ward Lake.   Big negative with car rentals-  unless able to have service nearby?    

+1

but it will be move convenient to wallmart.

7 hours ago, bottom-dragger said:

+1

but it will be move convenient to wallmart.

The current docks are convenient enough.  🙂      Actually   about the same convenience if the shuttle operates from there?    Otherwise,  it still involved the Silver line bus.  🙂