Cruise Director on Millennium

zoomzoom13

16 minutes ago, zoomzoom13 said:

Can anyone tell me who the cruise director is on Millennium?  I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find it.

Would guess there is no cruise director on board today.  Will be a multitude of changes when cruising resumes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zoomzoom13 said:

Can anyone tell me who the cruise director is on Millennium?  I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find it.

I doubt if even Celebrity knows this right now!  There will be many re-assignments when cruising starts up again in the future, so wait til you see Millie back sailing and re-ask your question.

• Like 1

I agree.  There is zero way to know who the cruise director will be whenever Millennium (or any other ship) will start sailing again.  Truthfully, I suspect they may have a hard time staffing their ships, particularly the staff who come from countries where the ability to secure other work is more positive.  

• Like 1

Sorry for the dumb question, we're new to cruising and I didn't realize they moved around alot.  Guess I'll just wait and see, was just hoping to follow their social media page if they had one just to keep the dream alive😢

5 minutes ago, zoomzoom13 said:

Sorry for the dumb question, we're new to cruising and I didn't realize they moved around alot.  Guess I'll just wait and see, was just hoping to follow their social media page if they had one just to keep the dream alive😢

On which date are you hoping to sail Millennium? 

15 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

On which date are you hoping to sail Millennium? 

Just lifted and shifted on Thursday from August 2020 to July 30, 2021.  Went from 85 days to sail date to 442 in a matter of minutes.  I know it had to be done, but sure is  depressing, lol.

4 hours ago, zoomzoom13 said:

Just lifted and shifted on Thursday from August 2020 to July 30, 2021.  Went from 85 days to sail date to 442 in a matter of minutes.  I know it had to be done, but sure is  depressing, lol.

We are doing the same. We were supposed to sail August 14 for my son’s 21st birthday and college graduation. Now going July 30, 2021. Second cruise this year that was a celebration and cancelled 😩

6 hours ago, zoomzoom13 said:

Just so you know, even if we were in normal times, there’d be no way to know now who the CD would be on a ship in July 2021.  They have contracts that cover a specific number of months, they go on vacation, and they may or may not then go back to the same ship.   

Stay safe. 

3 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We are doing the same. We were supposed to sail August 14 for my son’s 21st birthday and college graduation. Now going July 30, 2021. Second cruise this year that was a celebration and cancelled 😩

Same situation purplsmurf.  We were scheduled fo May, then rebooked to August and it was for my son's 18th birthday and his high school graduation.  He's just taking it all in stride.  He's the consoler in this case and just keeps telling me we will get there eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Did Graham move from Captain’s Club to bring a Cruise Director?  How did I miss that?

As of May 9, 2020 Graeme Kelliher was Captain's Club Host on the Connie.

Who know where anyone will be when everything gets sorted out?

Steve Gayda was the most recent CD aboard Millie when the virus halted everything. He remained on board as Millie made her way to the West Coast, but left sometime last month to go home (Canada) for vacation. Not sure who replaced him. 

We’ve sailed with Steve twice. A terrific guy well suited for a CD position.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/steve-gayda-003017158

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2020 at 11:52 PM, zoomzoom13 said:

As you are new to cruising, perhaps I can share our feelings re your question.

It doesn't really matter ( to us anyway ) who the Cruise Director or any Senior Staff member is. We have cruised for " years " and they are all very good.  Every night there will be a schedule left in your cabin with the activities for the next day and you choose whatever you would like to do. 

( Bye the way, not to brag--- You are hearing from a former putting contest champion , winner of a t shirt , after 3 stressful rounds . 6 made it to the final round and only 2 of them had to hang on to their cane while putting ).

Hopefully, you can cruise soon and enjoy the wonderful experience cruising provides. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 4:52 PM, az_tchr said:

Would guess there is no cruise director on board today.  Will be a multitude of changes when cruising resumes.

Steve Gayda was the CD until everything came to a halt. He went back to him home in Toronto and not sure if he will be back. He is brilliant. Had him as the CD on the Millie last Sep on the Transpacific Cruise 

• Thanks 1