Meriviglia vs Oasis

loman

Just saw a video on the Meriviglia and was very impressed .

I Usually do Oasis class on Royal Caribbean .

Compared balcony cabins and MSC is almost half price on sept 2021 

Any reasons why , or is royal still gouging .

regards 

MSC is just less money, having sailed on both, Oasis wins hands down. We found the Meraviglia design clumsy and much prefer Seaside which we have sailed on twice. Oasis has more space compared to Meraviglia for a similar amount off passengers onboard.

Oasis will likely have less passengers from other countries unlike MSC which is multi cultural including food.

However there are Meraviglia lovers out there.

Unless you're considering a Yacht Club cabin, pick the Oasis. There are many people that are value oriented and that is why they choose MSC for basic cabins versus their US counterparts.  The same holds true for luxury cabins comparing the Yacht Club versus competitors like NCL Haven.

MSC is also very European skewed, which people either hate or like.  Good luck with your decision.

MSC is a value/budget cruise line. There is a reason it's much less expensive than Oasis class.  You don't get Champaign on a beer budget and MSC has to cut some corners to offer those prices.  However; if you keep this perspective in mind, MSC delivers a tremendous value for the dollar IMO, especially in YC. 

12 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If you can afford Yacht Club then definately MSC.

There is no way I would travel with MSC if it wasnt YC.

Be aware, that for European cruises there will be very large family groups of (mainly) Italians - and they can be very loud and appear to "take over" every venue they get to.

Thankfully, those groups dont tend to book YC.

Could not agree more.  We had 1 cruise on the Seaside in an inside YC cabin.  The ship within a ship concept of the YC is great.  You could realistically spend 85% of your time in the YC area since they have their own dining room, pool area, poolside food area, bar/lounge and relaxing deck.

Contemplating the Seashore for Jan '23.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:30 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

We have done several cruises on MSC and Royal.

If you are looking for a std cabin experience then definately Royal (or better still Celebrity).

If you can afford Yacht Club then definately MSC.

There is no way I would travel with MSC if it wasnt YC.

Be aware, that for European cruises there will be very large family groups of (mainly) Italians - and they can be very loud and appear to "take over" every venue they get to.

Thankfully, those groups dont tend to book YC.

Interesting observation.

For two of our four Seaside YC experiences, there were large groups of Americans, who essentially took over the YC areas with their sheer volume. Bar at the One Pool, bar in Top Sail, seating in Top Sail, etc. It was most definitely not a quiet or relaxing experience..  the other two Sailings had no large groups of any kind and were quite lovely..  I don't think the ethnicity of said groups makes a difference, at least not in our experiences in various lines, YC, etc - but rather the size, make-up and such.  

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Interesting observation.

For two of our four Seaside YC experiences, there were large groups of Americans, who essentially took over the YC areas with their sheer volume. Bar at the One Pool, bar in Top Sail, seating in Top Sail, etc. It was most definitely not a quiet or relaxing experience..  the other two Sailings had no large groups of any kind and were quite lovely..  I don't think the ethnicity of said groups makes a difference, at least not in our experiences in various lines, YC, etc - but rather the size, make-up and such.  

Have seen large groups take over different venues in various cruise ships over the years.  The biggest obnoxious groups that I have ever encountered though was massive groups of Brazilians following their "leader" with a flag taking over Universal Studios in Orlando.

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Wow I never thought of a whole nationality as having a single ethnicity lol.

I guess what I meant by my post is that large groups shouting etc in a language I don't understand is somewhat annoying.

Of course, Americans are just annoying singularly but at least I understand most of them. 🤣🤣🤣