Why are there different shore excursion prices

ednmargo

Good Evening,

I'm brand new to Oceania.  I have been searching high and low and can't figure out why there are 3 different prices for the shore excursions I am seeing on my March 10 Sirena Passage Through Time Cruise.  For example Abu Dhabi lists the following.  Can anyone please explain?  TIA and again sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum I swear I tried to find it. 🙂  Cheers Margo

• Tour Price
    $209.00
  • Your World
    $156.75
  • Unlimited
    $69.00

There are different packages you can buy the first price is the normal one and the second and third are the applicable when you buy an excursion package.

The second is a price reduction if you book a minimum number of excursions and the third if you buy all the excursions. 
You should be able to find the prices for these packages on your booking.

https://dr.oceaniacruises.com/value/shore-excursion-packages/

happy planning

8 hours ago, ednmargo said:

Thanks!  I bought the OLIFE w/ the 8 shore excursions.

-Margo

If you would like to take more excursions than you 8 (4 per person) free with the O'life package, then you can still purchase a package to get the discount price for unlimited or sign up for the minimum number of excursions to get the 25% off. your 4 free excursions count within the minimum required for the 25% discount for your world.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

If selecting the shore excursion O-Life option how to tell which excursions are included?

Any excursions without  letters after the  description eg OE WT  etc

Read the T & C's

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness and Culinary Discovery Tours. Voyages up to 9 days receive 4 free shore excursions; 10-13 days receive 6 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 8 free shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, LHT28 said:

Any excursions without  letters after the  description eg OE WT  etc

Read the T & C's

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness and Culinary Discovery Tours. Voyages up to 9 days receive 4 free shore excursions; 10-13 days receive 6 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 8 free shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing.

In might be worth considering, that ALL  O shore Ex  are priced at 2 to 3 times that which you could arrange  yourself.. 

Before  jumping to get O life, spend a bit of time searching  the ports and what you would  like to do. 

Search too the roll call for your cruise  to see if people have posted private trips you can join.       Research your options and it might save you not hundreds but thousands of dollars..............    good luck

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

In might be worth considering, that ALL  O shore Ex  are priced at 2 to 3 times that which you could arrange  yourself.. 

Before  jumping to get O life, spend a bit of time searching  the ports and what you would  like to do. 

Search too the roll call for your cruise  to see if people have posted private trips you can join.       Research your options and it might save you not hundreds but thousands of dollars..............    good luck

Since you quoted my post

We rarely take ship's tours  prefer  DIY

Do what works best to suit your needs/wants

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Since you quoted my post

We rarely take ship's tours  prefer  DIY

Do what works best to suit your needs/wants

Trust everybody but count your own cards.... and always check out your options...assume nothing.    Many are afraid  to do their own tours because the cruise lines tout that if you miss the ship  they will not wait....    All the tours you can find yourself are aware of your needs as a cruise passenger and have experience in getting you back in plenty of time...    Don't  fall for the fear factor the ship sells...........  Its to their advantage  not yours.

37 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Trust everybody but count your own cards.... and always check out your options...assume nothing.    Many are afraid  to do their own tours because the cruise lines tout that if you miss the ship  they will not wait....    All the tours you can find yourself are aware of your needs as a cruise passenger and have experience in getting you back in plenty of time...    Don't  fall for the fear factor the ship sells...........  Its to their advantage  not yours.

Do you even read the posts you reply to??🙄

• Like 1

There is no exact price policy for those excursions. To be honest, sometimes I feel like they make this prices up according to the tourist's country of origin. Sometimes they can be super cheap and sometimes they can be super expensive. Never really understood the way the prices are made up 

It has been our experience (normally cruising once a year on Oceania) that since Oceania instituted its “O Life with shore excursions” as one of its options offered (around five years ago now??) that your ability to find others on your roll call to share shore excursions with you has fallen very very substantially.  We still did a lot on our own (DIY) one year ago in the Western Mediterranean, but just us two.  Before “O Life” we arranged several shared private tours on each of our European cruises; since then, a very difficult proposition.