Cruising out of MY and NJ

14 minutes ago, gdy0354 said:

What are the odds of any ship sailing out of NY or  NJ in 2020?

do you know the Chance brothers ??    Slim and None...   That's about it...

I'd say maybe .0000009 % for NY (and that doesn't include RCI or Celebrity)

I could See Anthem returning to NJ in late October/November and cruises starting then...

Steve

1 minute ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

For some reason I thought that cruising out of NY and NJ was halted until at least January.

Did I dream that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think that was just a rumor someone started. 

• Like 2

Just now, Treacher1 said:

nothing from Royal or Celebrity yet, but I assume that would include Cape Liberty eventually.

Unlikely RCI will cancel the whole season, but go month by month like they do now - especially since Anthem can be put back in service at any time condition allow.

I had 8/23 booked - Not Paying Balance of over 5k to have them cancel 4-6 weeks before and keep my money tied up. Would do a lift and rebook but cannot commit to 4 weeks before or after in 2021 as I already have a cruise that time. I wish they would be more transparent like Carnival as I am pretty sure the NYC area cruises will be out for a while and if Royal come back 8/1 it will be from FL and TX only and contained to small numbers of people and ships.

I think its leaving a bit of bad taste with some people - Not that they wont cruise again or even go on Royal again, but some may change their spending habits based on what we are watching. All of the cruise lines need to do a better job, but seems like they are grabbing money people are willing to give them and continue the status quo and people are going with it. So I don't see any changes will be made at this point and people will continue to wish/pray/hope that cruises will be leaving from NYC area 8/1. 

2 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Not Paying Balance of over 5k to have them cancel 4-6 weeks before and keep my money tied up

You could downgrade to the cheapest cabin to perhaps lower how much you have tied up - making final payment and having RCI cancel is the only way to get all your money back. There's no indication RCI will cancel sailings outside of final payment.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You could downgrade to the cheapest cabin to perhaps lower how much you have tied up - making final payment and having RCI cancel is the only way to get all your money back. There's no indication RCI will cancel sailings outside of final payment.

I made this reservation on a ship so I only put down $100 a passenger to reserve (x6 people). I am okay with $600 credit. I just saved over $10k on not going away this summer on a couple of trips that I will sink into capital improvements into my back yard. I have about 2k in credits because I had some gift cards , but I am keeping whatever money I have at this point. No more credits and waiting. When cruising resumes I will have a choice if I want to book again at a higher rate or stay home.

I'm booked on Anthem's TA leaving Southampton Nov.1. I have airline tickets from Newark to home. If RCI has to bring Anthem back to a different port I  hope they let me know as soon as possible so I can change my airline reservations!