All Cruises Thru Aug Canceled?

MsTabbyKats

Unless I'm misreading, it looks like all cruises thru August are canceled.

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
  • Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including September 17, 2020
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020
  • Haha 1

Looks to me like nothing has changed. since the last update unless I'm mistaken

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief1369 said:

Looks to me like nothing has changed. since the last update unless I'm mistaken

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020

That's how I read it.   Those still scheduled for August include the port of Galveston.  I don't know where the other included ships home port.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

That's how I read it.   Those still scheduled for August include the port of Galveston.  I don't know where the other included ships home port.

Well...maybe, but it seems ambiguous to me.  "All other ships" should mean all other ships.  I could be misinterpreting.

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Well...maybe, but it seems ambiguous to me.  "All other ships" should mean all other ships.  I could be misinterpreting.

That is the 3rd bullet from the bottom....these are the only ones sailing in august....We are on the breeze august 15th  :):)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"all other ships" means all the others that arent specifically listed.   Anything that doesnt have a separate starting date.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

CANCELED CRUISES

• Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020

Not sure how you missed the point that the eight ships above are only cancelled thru July 31, 2020.  You are definitely misreading this bullet. These are the same 8 ships Carnival has stated will resume cruising August 1.

One can debate whether these cruises will happen or not, but it is very clear Carnival has not cancelled all cruises thru August like you incorrectly stated. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not sure how you missed the point that the eight ships above are only cancelled thru July 31, 2020.  You are definitely misreading this bullet. These are the same 8 ships Carnival has stated will resume cruising August 1.

One can debate whether these cruises will happen or not, but it is very clear Carnival has not cancelled all cruises thru August like you incorrectly stated. 

I have an August cruise booked yes a reread on this post ugh 

thanks 

8 minutes ago, mimi7ccr said:

What about Paradise out of Tampa?  I don't see it even listed.

Maybe it is included in the statement, "All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read they just change the date every day mostly, same info. 

Your thread title says all cruises cancelled thru august, but then you posted as has been pointed out dream etc cancelled thru end of July. 

I know you really are against cruises starting, sigh. 

Though it doesn't seem in the least ambiguous to me,  I'm happy to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that she simply misread or misunderstood the information quoted.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes through and including July 31, 2020 does not mean August sailings. Attention to detail needs to be the word of the Day !!!

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020

Don't panic nothing has changed

22 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

That is the 3rd bullet from the bottom....these are the only ones sailing in august....We are on the breeze august 15th  :):)

I hope to see you there! We are on the 8/15 Breeze sailing also.

11 hours ago, Geobugs said:

Fake news.  Reported.

No it's not.  She copied the info directly from Carnival and stated she may be misinterpreting it.  And the subject of this post is a question, not a definitive statement.  I really hope you did not report this post or the poster...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

CANCELED CRUISES

It would appear, some were only cancelled through JULY, not August.

1 minute ago, mjktg99 said:

No it's not.  She copied the info directly from Carnival and stated she may be misinterpreting it.  And the subject of this post is a question, not a definitive statement.  I really hope you did not report this post or the poster...

I fully agree.  It was simple mistake.

8 minutes ago, glrounds said:

It would appear, some were only cancelled through JULY, not August.

Or...to make life easier and not have to read a long list....they could have said "Everything is canceled thru August except....."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjktg99 said:

I agree.  Grammar might not be the OP’s strong point, but I don’t think she did anything malicious. If anything, she just made herself look bad.