Accidentally added trip insurance

I was not paying attention and accidently hit add for vacation protection program.  Teaches me not to multi-task.. [emoji20]  If I call Carnival in the morning can I cancel it or am I stuck paying the the money.. 

That’s ok, I booked a cruise with a wrong date[emoji12][emoji12]. Thankfully my awesome PVP fixed it immediately [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 minute ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

That’s ok, I booked a cruise with a wrong dateemoji12.pngemoji12.png. Thankfully my awesome PVP fixed it immediately emoji7.png

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now I don't feel so bad.  I'll call in the morning when the lines open up again.  I should probably look into getting a PVP I don't have one yet. 

I did this! I was trying to see how much a cruise price was with out the added gratuity, and hit the wrong button. I called right away and explained and because I had not paid for the insurance they were able to take it off. I am soooo extra careful now:) 

I once bought third-party insurance for the same cruise twice.  They fixed it, but with errors along the way that were a pain to straighten out.  It would probably be extremely difficult to do something wrong that has never been done before 😄

I do not know if it is the same for insurance bought from the cruise line as opposed to private insurance, but I do know there is generally (I don't specifically remember the time frame) a window in which one can cancel with no payment of the premium required.

You don't mistakenly buy trip insurance. The web site was designed to make it hard to NOT buy trip insurance. Why, let me see, because it's a huge money maker. I wonder what has a higher return, trip insurance or drink packages. I think trip insurance. 

On 5/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, Big2Little4me said:

I was not paying attention and accidently hit add for vacation protection program.  Teaches me not to multi-task.. 😞  If I call Carnival in the morning can I cancel it or am I stuck paying the the money.. 

If your cruise is in your cruise manager you might be able to remove this yourself (I know it can be added in the cruise manager, but once added it might take a phone call to remove it, but I'd try to remove it myself first).