Cozumel for the day

duegwb

13 minutes ago, duegwb said:

What are some things you can do in Cozumel without booking an excursion? Are there beaches nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are three piers in Cozumel depending on which cruise line you are on.  If you dock in town you can walk around shopping and visiting local restaurants and bars.

You will need a taxi to get to a decent beach from all of them. Taxis are plentiful and safe on Cozumel. Prices are on a board in US$ at dispatch but check price with driver before you leave. 

This is normally a very active board. There were several large beach clubs but no saying what will be available when they re-open. I suggest you take a moment to read through threads on the last coiple of pages to determine what places you might be interested in and then ask specific questions. Most of the popular  tourist beach clubs are discussed over and over.

Edited by c-leg5

we'll be on Celebrity.  Which pier do they dock at? Thanks for the info.  I've been reading and there are a few I saw, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia Grand Beach Park, Mr Sanchos, and one next to a pier El Cid La Ceiba Resort. 

1 hour ago, duegwb said:

we'll be on Celebrity.  Which pier do they dock at? Thanks for the info.  I've been reading and there are a few I saw, Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia Grand Beach Park, Mr Sanchos, and one next to a pier El Cid La Ceiba Resort. 

You will most likely dock at International pier (RRCL pier) but always subject to last minute changes.

This pier is next to El Cid, which we find OK for a few hours. For AI we prefer day pass to Park Royal, (next door) more pools, slightly bigger beach, or Del Mar Latino (adult- only, no beach, very small pool). All three within reasonable walking distance of International, so no transport costs.

Nachi is very popular for older, quieter scene, AI only.

Playa Mia has water activities and water park and is family oriented.

Mr Sanchos is popular, has lots of activities, lively, AI or PAYG (one of the few clubs on Cozumel I have never been to so no personal experience.)

Paradise Beach is another very popular, clean beach club with large pool.

Taxi to Nachi, Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Playa Mia will run about $15-17 each way. As mentioned above, current fares will go posted on a board near the taxi line. Fares are good for up to 4 passengers in the cab. If you have a larger group there are van taxis available - fares will also be posted.

Cabs are easy and fairly well regulated on Cozumel, unlike the crooks in Philly! 😖 No need for a ship's excursion when it is easy to enjoy the island on your own. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nachi Cocom must be reserved in advance with a deposit... it has limited capacity (part of what makes it great) and it sells out most days ahead of time.  Can't speak to the others.  Also I second the vote for walking around. Enjoy local food, shop (probably best prices on your trip), and find entertainers.  A taxi to downtown and walk Avenida 5's pedestrian zone is worthwhile. (If you are on NCL and dock at Punta Langosta, just walk north a few blocks and in!)  Please take normal precautions against pickpockets.