Thinking about trying Viking

Fred321

12 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Andy’s paying for it.🍺🍺

On my account??? You do remember my heritage, ol' chap!!!

I'm but a poor pensioner, since I'm not old enough to receive the Old Age Pension. Next WC for us probably about 2025😁

13 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Wow! I knew you two were rich but enough to pay for a whole ship just for four of you????  By my calculations using an average cost per passenger on a World Cruise of $110,000, the cost of this charter y’all are creating is a mere $102 million.  So that means the per person cost is only $25,575,000. Presuming it’s a 200 day cruise, that works out to be $127,625 per day or $88 a minute!

Too much for my pocketbook...y’all have fun! 

Clay - sounds very affordable, when priced by the minute.😁

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Especially with included drinks.🍸

Decisions, decisions, decision??? If booking 10 minutes - would it be drinks in Explorers, or lunch in World Cafe, or even better - how about drinks in the LR Bar with a Mamsens sarny 😁🍻

Quick question:  One thing I’ve liked on most of the cruise lines I’ve been on are the comfortable seats in the restaurants and lounges.  They seemed plenty big and had good lumbar support, with backs not too upright.  In looking at a lot of pax photos on Viking, the seating seems rather Ikea-like and somewhat diminutive.  Now Jim is a big ox, but he is not quite as wide in the beam as ol’ Ragnar, so knowing he likes everything doesn’t quite assuage my seating concerns.  Can anyone who is of “robust” size and has a bad back comment on the comfort of Viking seating, especially in the main and specialty restaurants.

Thanks,

Ragnar “Gravitationally-challanged” D.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

18 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Quick question:  One thing I’ve liked on most of the cruise lines I’ve been on are the comfortable seats in the restaurants and lounges.  They seemed plenty big and had good lumbar support, with backs not too upright.  In looking at a lot of pax photos on Viking, the seating seems rather Ikea-like and somewhat diminutive.  Now Jim is a big ox, but he is not quite as wide in the beam as ol’ Ragnar, so knowing he likes everything doesn’t quite assuage my seating concerns.  Can anyone who is of “robust” size and has a bad back comment on the comfort of Viking seating, especially in the main and specialty restaurants.

Thanks,

Ragnar - We have sat for up to 3+ hrs over dinner in the MDR many nights with no issues

20 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Thanks,

Sadly, I definitely qualify as being “robust” at six foot seven tall and 300 lbs (on a good day....after Corona I am afraid to look at how many above that it is). I have never been uncomfortable in the Restaurant, Manfredi’s, World Cafe, Aquavit or The Chef’s Table.  

When in the Living Room or Explorer’s Lounge I have to pick my seat with care. The chairs near the Living Room bar are very petite but large enough for my fat ahem...bottom to wedge into.  But I find myself preferring to sit at the bar for my morning coffee or elsewhere in this space. Many of the lounge chairs and sofas Hert (and in Explorer’s) are very low and difficult to crawl out of. However, there are many seats that are sturdy and while lower than I prefer, perfectly acceptable. 

I would not let concern about seating keep you from trying a Viking Ocean cruise. 

23 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Just to chime in that the seating is just as comfortable for those of us at the opposite end of the "vertical" challenge.

Some of us have the horizontal challenge to worry about too....especially after the Corona isolation poundage😢

• Haha 1