Oceana off to Newcastle

wowzz

It appears that Oceana is currently en route to Newcastle. 

Anyone got any ideas as to why she is heading in that direction?  

Floating nightclub to relieve pressure on the Bigg Market as lock down is eased!

Best guess is that, much like everything else driving decisions in this current climate is that its likely cheaper to berth in Newcastle than it is Southampton or Dover for any extended period of time. 

Add to the fact that Portland / Weymouth has more closely resembled a car park as of late and I'm sure the optics of having all ships just sat idle for the world to watch is not something the powers that be want. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

It appears that Oceana is currently en route to Newcastle. 

Anyone got any ideas as to why she is heading in that direction?  

Floating nightclub to relieve pressure on the Bigg Market as lock down is eased!

Anything to do with Mike Ashley🤔%

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Reminding everyone she's still here and not surrounding baked beans or being cannibalised for our own cruise ship😆

Avril 

Perhaps she will drop onto Hull to pick up the caravan 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is she just having a little chug around - blowing the cobwebs out of the engine, sort of thing?  It seems odd that a decision could have been made to make a serious move away from home port facilities and support at Southampton 

But who knows?  I certainly don’t.  It’s just another slight diversion in our otherwise pretty banal lockdown life.  Hopefully it’s just a source of speculation rather than conflict

40 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Is she just having a little chug around - blowing the cobwebs out of the engine, sort of thing?  It seems odd that a decision could have been made to make a serious move away from home port facilities and support at Southampton 

But who knows?  I certainly don’t.  It’s just another slight diversion in our otherwise pretty banal lockdown life.  Hopefully it’s just a source of speculation rather than conflict

Probably go up towards Newcastle and turn right to have a practice run around the fjords. She may meet up with Iona and be used as her tender All looking good for our Iona fjords cruise at the end of August. I wonder if Gary will join in Southampton. We might bump into him at breakfast in the Travelodge😁

Edited by zap99
Wrong quote

35 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s just another slight diversion in our otherwise pretty banal lockdown life.  Hopefully it’s just a source of speculation rather than conflict

Makes a change from of the other discussions. It could morph into an interesting topic on the personal views of the different P&O ships.

Avril 

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’ve not managed to get a definitive answer but the two comments made were ‘long term layup’ and ‘bye bye Oceana’.

comments from whom, exactly?  unless its coming from someone very high up the food chain i'd say any comments about future planning are best guesses and speculation much like everything else here on CC.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’ve not managed to get a definitive answer but the two comments made were ‘long term layup’ and ‘bye bye Oceana’.

My reply was most definitely tongue-in-cheek and a gentle nudge at Andy😜, who likes to wind me up about Oceana because I like her.

Avril 

15 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

comments from whom, exactly?  unless its coming from someone very high up the food chain i'd say any comments about future planning are best guesses and speculation much like everything else here on CC.

We were only joking. It all stems from silly jokes being bandied about on another thread concerning building our own cruise ship. It's all good fun to lighten the mood.😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

i wasn't having a go, just asking if there was a reputable source or was it more tongue in cheek...

seems some appear to have an 'inside' knowledge of what's happening and others not so much, but both are prevalent so its difficult to sort through the facts from fiction without context

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Makes a change from of the other discussions. It could morph into an interesting topic on the personal views of the different P&O ships.

Avril 

As long as I doesn't morph in the usual direction 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Morgan said:

i wasn't having a go, just asking if there was a reputable source or was it more tongue in cheek...

seems some appear to have an 'inside' knowledge of what's happening and others not so much, but both are prevalent so its difficult to sort through the facts from fiction without context

I know you weren't having a go. I thought you hadn't realised that it was just a joke. It's hard to tell sometimes isn't it?😉

Avril