Book Aug 20 & immediately lift & shift to Aug 21?

If I saw a price for a cruise in Aug 20 significantly less than the broadly equivalent cruise in Aug 21 (same ship; embarkation and disembarkation ports; duration and most ports of call) is there anything stopping me booking the Aug 20 cruise and immediately lifting and shifting to Aug 21? Grateful for pitfalls I may not have thought through.......

8 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

If I saw a price for a cruise in Aug 20 significantly less than the broadly equivalent cruise in Aug 21 (same ship; embarkation and disembarkation ports; duration and most ports of call) is there anything stopping me booking the Aug 20 cruise and immediately lifting and shifting to Aug 21? Grateful for pitfalls I may not have thought through.......

I was looking and thinking the same. Personally can't see any problems but will see what other say

I did the same thing for a November sailing.  It has been a week now and I am still waiting for the updated booking confirmation with the price protection.  My CVP said it would take 72 hours and it has been a week.  My online account is also showing the higher price.  My CVP has been off, back today, so will see what she says.  So, I am almost expecting the "oh, we can't do it" due to your low price.  We will see.  As I said, it has been transferred over, but, showing the current 2021 price.  Honestly, if they come back, I won't fight it because I am not sure what cruising is going to look like in the future anyway.  I will take my $900 deposit refund.  I will keep you posted.

22 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I did the same thing for a November sailing.  It has been a week now and I am still waiting for the updated booking confirmation with the price protection.  My CVP said it would take 72 hours and it has been a week.  My online account is also showing the higher price.  My CVP has been off, back today, so will see what she says.  So, I am almost expecting the "oh, we can't do it" due to your low price.  We will see.  As I said, it has been transferred over, but, showing the current 2021 price.  Honestly, if they come back, I won't fight it because I am not sure what cruising is going to look like in the future anyway.  I will take my $900 deposit refund.  I will keep you posted.

We were successful at moving a cruise with a really good price for an April 2021 sailing to April 2022 working with a CVP- it took 8 days for the confirmatory email to arrive ( she assured us it would happen but they were far behind) but price and perks were maintained. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

UPDATE:  My CVP is back and I received updated confirmation.  $1600 vs $3900 is much better.  I am pleased.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cruisinsusin said:

We were successful at moving a cruise with a really good price for an April 2021 sailing to April 2022 working with a CVP- it took 8 days for the confirmatory email to arrive ( she assured us it would happen but they were far behind) but price and perks were maintained. 

What destination did you do your lift and shift for? I can’t seem to find any 2022 listings for Europe, and I would like to lift and shift our April 2021 cruise we had already booked.

Edited by CruiserMickey

46 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

I can’t seem to find any 2022 listings for Europe, and I would like to lift and shift our April 2021 cruise we had already booked.

That is because they haven't been released yet.  😎

• Like 1

Just now, CruiserMickey said:

Thanks for the confirmation. That’s what I thought.

You are very welcome.  Hopefully, after the 2022 cruises for Europe are released you find one that works for you.  😊

• Like 1

I did the same thing for a Royal cruise. Booked 10/4/20, made the deposit, couple days later did an L&S to 9/19/21. Difference in price for exact same ship/cabin/itinerary was over $1500.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

What destination did you do your lift and shift for? I can’t seem to find any 2022 listings for Europe, and I would like to lift and shift our April 2021 cruise we had already booked.

Its for Australia

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texed said:

You are very welcome.  Hopefully, after the 2022 cruises for Europe are released you find one that works for you.  😊

Thank you, I hope so, too. We were supposed to be flying to Venice today to board the Constellation for a b2b. I am really hoping we can lift & shift our April 2021 Silhouette cruise as I my skeptical that this virus will be resolved by then.

One day I will get to Europe...for now I keep dreaming. 😊

13 minutes ago, Texed said:

The thing is, in a normal year, I don't think that Europe 2022 sailings would be released until the fall (usually November or December?).  And the Lift and Shift program ends August 1.  So this probably will not work out.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

Just now, TFree said:

The thing is, in a normal year, I don't think that Europe 2022 sailings would be released until the fall (usually November or December?).  And the Lift and Shift program ends August 1.  So this probably will not work out.

Tom & Judy

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

6 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

This might be a silly question....but what is “lift and shift”?

The ability to take a reservation and move it to one year later (give or take four weeks).  See here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

Or search "Lift and Shift" in this forum.

Tom & Judy

9 hours ago, Texed said:

Don't forget the cut off date for a Life & Shift, its the beginning of August I think.

2 hours ago, Homestyle said:

Don't forget the cut off date for a Life & Shift, its the beginning of August I think.

And it's earlier than that if you are trying to L&S a cruise suspended that was suspended in the last round (through July 31).

I just Lift & shifted my Jan 9th, 2021 cruise on Summit to Jan 22nd, 2022. Worked with the booking company, he emailed Celebrity and they said OK. It is exactly the same itinerary,cabin, honored all perks. I'm happy!!

• Like 2

We booked a July 2020 Alaska and moved it 3 days later to July 2021.  No problems at all, took about a week total to get the new invoice with the correct pricing.  I would do it again in a heartbeat