Cancellation Update

41 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

We debated on this, but in the end decided to L&S and take the OBC for the Cruise Personalizer purchases.  We didn't want to contribute to financially sinking them.

They way I read it - you can't take Lift and Shift AND OBC for Cruise Planner.. it seems OBC only combinable with FCC. 

◦ Also, if you opt for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift before June 17th, you are not be eligible for this Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Assume this impacts the Ovation TP departing from Honolulu to Sydney?  Certainly would have been helpful for RC to list the impacted sailings!  Seems as their website isn't accessible at the moment and I've tried using 3 different browsers and cleared my cookies

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whats the date

The September 6th Serenade sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu is canceled. The September 17th TP from Honolulu to Sydney is still listed. Wonder how Serenade is getting from the Caribbean to Oahu if this sailing is really going to happen????

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What about Radiance Sept 4 Vancouver - Tokyo. No mention of it in the Announcement. 

Got the letter, she be cancelled.  No word on the 9/20/20 Tokyo to Singapore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lr657 said:

The September 6th Serenade sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu is canceled. The September 17th TP from Honolulu to Sydney is still listed. Wonder how Serenade is getting from the Caribbean to Oahu if this sailing is really going to happen????

I don't think the TP will happen. We are booked Serenade 5th Oct out of Sydney. Can't see that Serenade will be coming to Sydney, so maybe they will swap in another ship that is currently parked in Manila. I saw some speculation that Serenade would transit via Panama canal direct to Sydney.

It also depends on Australia opening up ports for cruiseships in time, which looks unlikely.

4 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

Thanks, Meek.  I will have to ask when we call them in a few days (I'm figuring they'll be swamped until then.)

We paid for the Ultimate Dining Package and I guess I was hoping to get 125% of that in OBC.

I called and got through right away. In 18 minutes I had two reservations Lift & Shifted (moved from Sep 4 to Aug 27). On the call he said the cruise planner items would be cancelled, which was true as I received the cancellation email right after the call.

I'm thinking I lost my $100 MyVegas OBC too 😛

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

I don't think the TP will happen. We are booked Serenade 5th Oct out of Sydney. Can't see that Serenade will be coming to Sydney, so maybe they will swap in another ship that is currently parked in Manila. I saw some speculation that Serenade would transit via Panama canal direct to Sydney.

It also depends on Australia opening up ports for cruiseships in time, which looks unlikely.

We were booked on the September 6th Serenade sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu that was just cancelled. We also have a B3B Tasmania, top, and bottom circumnavigation cruises booked on her in February and March. At this point I am doubtful that these cruises will actually happen as I don't think that Australia will open their ports either. 

However soon they tell you that you will receive your refund -- Double that and probably wait some more.  Our cruise was cancelled back in March, and we're still waiting.  Good luck to all who are still hoping to sail this year.  We finally gave up that hope, and rescheduled for November 2021.

12 hours ago, JER1125 said:

Do you think that the Jewel on September 5 will be a go out of Tarragona, Spain?

Latest rules in Europe:

Spain will open its borders from July 1.

France closed to all tourists until June 15 at the earliest. All visitors must go into 14  day quarantine.

Italy  borders open from today and there is no mandatory quarantining at all.

I believe having Jewel over on this side of the pond she is only a few days away from Spain the moment they allow ships. 

I have not seen in any announcement though of ANY country saying they will admit ships specifically? 

8 hours ago, lr657 said:

We were booked on the September 6th Serenade sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu that was just cancelled. We also have a B3B Tasmania, top, and bottom circumnavigation cruises booked on her in February and March. At this point I am doubtful that these cruises will actually happen as I don't think that Australia will open their ports either. 

I plan on being on it.  A lot can change in 7-8 months.  Heck, as of 3-4 months ago no one had hardly heard of Covid-19...look how much has changed since.  

I board 2/10/21 and am on until 5/16/21

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

I plan on being on it.  A lot can change in 7-8 months.  Heck, as of 3-4 months ago no one had hardly heard of Covid-19...look how much has changed since.  

I board 2/10/21 and am on until 5/16/21

Someone on our cancelled September 6th Serenade sailing who was also on the September 17th TP from Honolulu to Sydney stated that her TP was also cancelled. We also are booked to board 2/10/21. We will be watching to see if the Australian ports open and if Serenade actually does sail to Sydney for the 2020/2021 season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lr657 said:

Someone on our cancelled September 6th Serenade sailing who was also on the September 17th TP from Honolulu to Sydney stated that her TP was also cancelled. We also are booked to board 2/10/21. We will be watching to see if the Australian ports open and if Serenade actually does sail to Sydney for the 2020/2021 season.

Just had three more of my booked cruises cancelled yesterday.  😞 

Still leaves me nine more booked cruises in danger before I have to worry about the 2/10/21 Sydney cruise.  Not sure which ones will feel the ax or which ones we might actually get to make.  😮 

• Like 1

Right there with ya Pat and Lorraine!!! Will make final payment for Aus/NZ and hope for the best!! All of this combined with the riots here in Indianapolis and other major cities around the U.S. puts us all in a lot of stress and worry about the future of a lot of things. Wondering what my parents would have thought about all of the "stuff" going on today. Hoping that the power of prayer and love deliver us from all of the madness!! Stay safe my friends! Cheers!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Right there with ya Pat and Lorraine!!! Will make final payment for Aus/NZ and hope for the best!! All of this combined with the riots here in Indianapolis and other major cities around the U.S. puts us all in a lot of stress and worry about the future of a lot of things. Wondering what my parents would have thought about all of the "stuff" going on today. Hoping that the power of prayer and love deliver us from all of the madness!! Stay safe my friends! Cheers!

Hope...it's all we have.  Better than the alternative. 😮  Me?....the ultimate optimist.  😉  Stay safe to you as well!  

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, WAMarathoner said:

Thanks, Meek.  I will have to ask when we call them in a few days (I'm figuring they'll be swamped until then.)

We paid for the Ultimate Dining Package and I guess I was hoping to get 125% of that in OBC.

Update.  Meek was right.  They don't give the 125% with a lift & shift.

Took me well over an hour, but got a wonderfully intelligent guy helping me.  All seems well and we're shifted to next year.

Call center supervisor email (for compliments or other comments) is FarroyoPilona@RCCL.com.  Usually I just ask to speak to them, but it was going to be 20 minutes or more.  If you get a great person helping, customer comments can mean a lot for their jobs.  (Likewise, if you get the occasional ignoramus, a request for further training could potentially help the next person.)

8 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

Took me well over an hour, but got a wonderfully intelligent guy helping me.  All seems well and we're shifted to next year.

Call center supervisor email (for compliments or other comments) is FarroyoPilona@RCCL.com.  Usually I just ask to speak to them, but it was going to be 20 minutes or more.  If you get a great person helping, customer comments can mean a lot for their jobs.  (Likewise, if you get the occasional ignoramus, a request for further training could potentially help the next person.)

I’m sure he appreciates your positive comments!  I’ve had great CSRs lately and feel very fortunate!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 12:11 PM, sandebeach said:

Thanks, so this is just for Alaska and Canada sailings. Still hoping for Caribbean in August!

Which date in Aug, we are on the one going the 29th....Hoping Symphony will be a go 🙂

• Like 1