Carnival Corp. sued over COVID negligence

lagienomai

37 minutes ago, AmBear said:

They are going up, everyday! By how much we don't know cause the State was caught trying to fudge the numbers lower to help their reopening claims!

Its now 5 days in a row or 1000 or more infections! And the Ports areas are in counties where the virus is the worst!

Caught by who? A disgruntled former employee who was fired for cause.  You failed to mention the steady increase in the testing numbers and that private labs have been slow reporting so their  numbers show up in batches.

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AmBear said:

Its not just Carnival, but every cruise company, every corporation who stayed open in the beginning of the Pandemic! Walmart's been sued, and there will be others!

These cases are almost always settled, so talk about who pays lawyers, the companies pay theirs, and those who sued pay their lawyers out of their agreed settlement!

I mentioned this quite a while back in a few of my posts as to why if Carnival, or any of the other cruise lines start cruising while this Pandemic is still going on, (Florida just had their 5th straight day if over 1000 infections, all time high), then the lawsuits will continue, and the settlements will be larger!

Carnival also took all of their available cash through loans, sale of stock they had secured before the Pandemic, so there is a limited amount of cash/time Carnival has in deciding their path forward!

I agree they will settle.  Just like United.  They don't want a discovery process and subpoena of documents and emails related to the virus. Those being made public and people going on TV and putting them through the ringer.  They can't afford that, the economic damage would be much much worse.   Not to mention being put on probation from having it happen again by a judge.  I think they are already at 3 strikes for dumping water.  Having a very public court battle is something they want to avoid.  Maybe 80 million to make it all go away. 

13 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

I agree they will settle.  Just like United.  They don't want a discovery process and subpoena of documents and emails related to the virus. Those being made public and people going on TV and putting them through the ringer.  They can't afford that, the economic damage would be much much worse.   Not to mention being put on probation from having it happen again by a judge.  I think they are already at 3 strikes for dumping water.  Having a very public court battle is something they want to avoid.  Maybe 80 million to make it all go away. 

More like 800, dollars that is

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The true measure is in hospitalizations and ventilators which are way down.  

That is a measure. Another true measure is deaths and deaths are increasing again. Now over 112,000 in the US.

28 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Very vivid imagination. Many of the lawsuits against Carnival over Costa Concordia were dismissed. Judge said you have to try these in Italy. How far did those get?

Other parts of the world aren't as sue happy as the US ambulance chasers.

Carnival will give the plaintiffs a plastic ship on a stick and they will go away.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The percentage of positives is decreasing BECAUSE the number of tests is increasing. When you only test dead people, it's usually a slam dunk.

One reason for a decrease in hospitalizations is because flu season ended. Another is more and more telemedicine.

And given the suspicious nature of testing, how many of those negatives should have been positives.

The increase in testing comparison is from the tests done a few weeks ago not the comparison from the beginning when only people with symptoms were being tested. 

56 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

I live in florida, 

like it or not florida is a bell weather as it pertains to cruising and the future of phased in approach to this virus. 

You are correct case are going up , but so has testing , and testing continues to go up drastically . 

Right  now in Florida testing is available every where .. I could go get one in 30 min with a doc script. 

Hospitalization  and more importantly it’s ratio to positive is not growing .. and deaths is way way down..look at the official data , not a newspaper , u can get anything printed in a newspaper ..

the state didn’t get caught in anything .. they fired and incompetent mid level employee ..

all pertinent ratios continue to go down.. 

let’s see where we are 3 weeks from now with this increase of cases , look at the hospital and deaths .. that is a true measurement.. I know the cdc will be along with the cruise leadership will be 

Admitting more testing=more infections means admitting there was never enough testing to begin with, and more infections haven't been counted! Never understood that argument! Asymptomatic infected for instance don't get tested cause they don't know! 

I live in Florida too, Tampa area and they are not testing as you stated here, they close early when they run out, which they still do!  

So we disagree, no biggie!

13 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

The increase in testing comparison is from the tests done a few weeks ago not the comparison from the beginning when only people with symptoms were being tested. 

In Florida, only people with symptoms get tested, and that's still a maybe!

Then tests are run on the infected later to make sure their clean!

3 minutes ago, AmBear said:

In Florida, only people with symptoms get tested, and that's still a maybe!

Then tests are run on the infected later to make sure their clean!

This hasn't been the case form weeks or longer.