Need info on cancelling cruise please

Hi,

Sorry to say, I decided to cancel Sept. 7th, 2020 Vision cruise - BCN to NJ.   Final payment is June 4th - prefer the refund to credit card.  Should I contact my TA to cancel?   

Or is it better to use RC cancellation form?  Did I read on one of these forums that there was a trick to getting a refund to credit card instead of an FCC?

Thanks for help!

NJ 

30 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Final payment is June 4th - prefer the refund to credit card.

As mentioned above, you won't get a refund if you cancel an NRD booking, only FCC.

Edited by Biker19

If you have a refundable deposit, call your TA to cancel before final payment due date.  

If you booked a non-refundable deposit (NRD) fare, you will receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) instead of a refund.  Normally, you would be charged a $100 per person cancelation penalty with the remainder of the deposit issued as FCC.  That penalty is waived when you cancel using the Cruise With Confidence policy.  

The alternatives with a NRD are:

Lift & Shift - move the cruise to a cruise one year from now (+/- 4 weeks) and keep the current fare.  The new cruise must be the same number of nights, the same itinerary (although doesn’t have to be the same ports), and the same cabin type.

Pay the balance and wait until Royal (likely) cancels the cruise.  In that case, you can request a full refund.

Edited by Hoppy2cruise
Typo

2 minutes ago, Beagle Rancher said:

If you choose to cancel it, you will receive an FCC. The only way to get a cash refund is to wait and see if Royal cancels it. 

OK.  Since we're getting an FCC guess we may as well make final payment & wait to see if RC cancels.  

Thanks - appreciate the clarification.

NJ 

1 minute ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

If you have a refundable deposit, call your TA (or Royal if you booked directly)  To cancel before final payment due date.  

If you booked a non-refundable deposit (NRD) fare, you will receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) instead of a refund.  Normally, you would be charged a $100 per person cancelation penalty with the remainder of the deposit issued as FCC.  That penalty is waived when you cancel using the Cruise With Confidence policy.  

The alternatives with a NRD are:

Lift & Shift - move the cruise to a cruise one year from now (+/- 4 weeks) and keep the current fare.  The new cruise must be the same number of nights, the same itinerary (although doesn’t have to be the same ports), and the same cabin type.

Pay the balance and wait until Royal (likely) cancels the cruise.  In that case, you can request a full refund.

Thanks.  It is non-refundable.  Unfortunately,  no Lift & Shift options available.  Will see what happens...  guessing game if RC will be doing crossings from Europe.

Booked air (non-refundable) & transfer with Air2Sea.   Do you suggest I contact them?

NJ 

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thanks.  It is non-refundable.  Unfortunately,  no Lift & Shift options available.  Will see what happens...  guessing game if RC will be doing crossings from Europe.

Booked air (non-refundable) & transfer with Air2Sea.   Do you suggest I contact them?

NJ 

For non refundable air you will be subject to whatever terms and conditions the airlines are imposing.  Air2Sea will be able to tell you.  Transfers will be refunded

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For non refundable air you will be subject to whatever terms and conditions the airlines are imposing.  Air2Sea will be able to tell you.  Transfers will be refunded

Great - thanks a lot.  Thank goodness for all the good info from people like yourself on CC!

NJ 

• Like 1

You can also just move the (NRD) to another cruise, doesn't have to be same itinerary or anything, can be shorter days and different ship. This is under the CWC offering...............YOU will Not be charged the $100 per person change fee either....

You will NOT be price protected though, just be aware of that, you will pay the current rate of whatever cruise you pick. No need to wait for FCC.......

Just make sure they rebook the new cruise using the same reservation # and you will be set.

Your new final payment date will then be adjusted to the new cruise you pick, , not June 4th.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Another question.  My Canada/N.E. (oct. 19) has just been cancelled by RC.  This was refundable.  Contacted my TA - email from customer care says she's not there/limited staff.  

Looked at RC's refund form - does not specify cash refund or FCC.  How can I confirm that RC return deposit back to credit card?  Will they automatically refund to card?

NJ 

1 minute ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Another question.  My Canada/N.E. (oct. 19) has just been cancelled by RC.  This was refundable.  Contacted my TA - email from customer care says she's not there/limited staff.  

Looked at RC's refund form - does not specify cash refund or FCC.  How can I confirm that RC return deposit back to credit card?  Will they automatically refund to card?

NJ 

The FCC is automatic.  You can have your TA request that it be processed as a cash refund at any point prior to Dec. 31, 2020.  If you haven't heard from your TA within a week and several e mail / phone attempts I would call Royal and ask them to do it and show them that you have an unresponsive TA.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC is automatic.  You can have your TA request that it be processed as a cash refund at any point prior to Dec. 31, 2020.  If you haven't heard from your TA within a week and several e mail / phone attempts I would call Royal and ask them to do it and show them that you have an unresponsive TA.

Thank you sir!   Will put refund form thru then & attempt to contact agent. 

I'm not even sure my agent is putting the final payment thru on my Sept 7th cruise.  Sent an email.  Agent usually contacts me but all that is out the window.    Now six more cruises to deal with - depending on what RC/Virus does...

Again, thank you.

Cheers,

NJ 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thank you sir!   Will put refund form thru then & attempt to contact agent. 

I'm not even sure my agent is putting the final payment thru on my Sept 7th cruise.  Sent an email.  Agent usually contacts me but all that is out the window.    Now six more cruises to deal with - depending on what RC/Virus does...

Again, thank you.

Cheers,

NJ 

Definitely leave another message with your TA (and one with the agency management) that you need to talk to someone before tomorrow especially if intend to cancel the cruise (If that is the decision you’ve made) so it is done BEFORE they process your final payment.  In fact, I’d suggest calling Royal to be sure the TA hasn’t already submitted your payment .... especially if you haven’t heard from the TA in awhile.  

You might ask Royal if an extension for the final payment is possible since your TA is unresponsive.  If your payment has been processed or you choose to make the final payment and wait for Royal to cancel so you can get the refund, you need to know for certain that the TA has/will make the payment by tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Definitely leave another message with your TA (and one with the agency management) that you need to talk to someone before tomorrow especially if intend to cancel the cruise (If that is the decision you’ve made) so it is done BEFORE they process your final payment.  In fact, I’d suggest calling Royal to be sure the TA hasn’t already submitted your payment .... especially if you haven’t heard from the TA in awhile.  

You might ask Royal if an extension for the final payment is possible since your TA is unresponsive.  If your payment has been processed or you choose to make the final payment and wait for Royal to cancel so you can get the refund, you need to know for certain that the TA has/will make the payment by tomorrow.

Good advice.  At this point, want the final payment to be made.  Agent has set June 4th as F.P. but believe with RC it is June 8th.  Will make some more calls/emails.

NJ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Booked all cruises with a large online TA.  Had no idea till now that our agent was not even available.  Guess they decided to pare down the staff.  The wait times must be just as long for RC.  

On hold now....  Better make sure F.P. is made.

NJ 

25 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Booked all cruises with a large online TA.  Had no idea till now that our agent was not even available.  Guess they decided to pare down the staff.  The wait times must be just as long for RC.  

On hold now....  Better make sure F.P. is made.

NJ 

Just to report.  Called agency - waited about 20 min before call answered.  Final payment has been made - no problemo.   Amazed & happy they picked up so quickly.   

Thanks to all!

NJ 

• Like 1