Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Now there is a menu that leaves me absolutely cold.  I would start with Tomato and Mozarella and then I would be stuck with salmon because there is absolutely nothing else than excites me on that menu.

I had the Glazed Tuna  last year and it was lovely. 

Avril 

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Today’s menu

BA23C210-C8AF-4695-98E5-CED388E68E74.thumb.jpeg.a5140334ff69b1e8ec1e98556e0adb1a.jpeg

192880BD-5446-42BC-B108-E0BA85913D5E.thumb.jpeg.2ee98830d6951e012e998772d0b63e59.jpeg

I would have the croquettes (not sure what they are tho 😆)

the honey mustard ham- really enjoyed that last year. 
raspberry ripple sundae 

is it wrong that I would probably have coke with this or maybe water. I don’t drink often

Croquettes 

Lamb

Sundae of course... 

Peroni

Peroni 

Peroni 

With no slurping.. 

Andy 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Can't remember when I last had an alcoholic drink, probably last month.

Still got 3 cans of Old Speckled Hen in the fridge from Xmas.

I cooked Chicken Kiev,chips and sprouts for our dinner washed down with a coffee for me and Pauline had a hot lemon juice.

I'm sorry, call me a snob, call me old fashioned, but eating sprouts in June is just wrong. And sprouts and chips is double wrong. And Chicken Kiev and sprouts is treble wrong.

Graham - you have let me down, you've let your wife down, and you've let this entire forum down! 

You should know the saying " Don't eat a sprout when March is out" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I would try the

Tomato and Goats cheese moose,

Followed by the Lamb steak with delicious Hassleback tatties and wonderful cauliflower cheese

Then a Raspberry ripple sundae

All washed down with a delicious Merlot.

Then a delightful mint choc petit fours

• Like 1

Not one of my favourite menus! 
I’d choose:

Caesar salad

Lamb steak

Blueberry cheesecake

and another shared bottle of malbec.

However based on your recommendation Avril I might choose the tuna next time! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sorry, call me a snob, call me old fashioned, but eating sprouts in June is just wrong. And sprouts and chips is double wrong. And Chicken Kiev and sprouts is treble wrong.

Graham - you have let me down, you've let your wife down, and you've let this entire forum down! 

You should know the saying " Don't eat a sprout when March is out" 

I'm no Gordon Ramsay sorry Wowzz.

There was a shortage of green vegetables in Morrisons on Tuesday morning.

Pauline called into M&S to get the Chicken Kiev's this afternoon as she had a craving for them 

Last time we had Chicken Kiev's was in our favourite Italian restaurant in Gosforth Newcastle early March with our niece before Lockdown.

I usually get Morretti beer there instead of Andy's favourite Peroni.

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline called into M&S to get the Chicken Kiev's this afternoon as she had a craving for them 

Last time we had Chicken Kiev's was in our favourite Italian restaurant in Gosforth Newcastle early March with our niece before Lockdown.

No problem Graham.  We enjoy M&S Kievs, but sprouts as an accompaniment is just wrong especially with chips! Didn't you have any frozen peas ?

Edited by wowzz

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No problem Graham.  We enjoy M&S Kievs, but sprouts as an accompaniment is just wrong especially with chips! Didn't you have any frozen peas ?

I like sprouts and Broccoli but dislike garden peas.

We had Bachelor's Marrowfat peas yesterday with cod and chips.

Edited by grapau27

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Neither. I bake it in foil with a little olive oil and garlic pepper. Open the foil towards the end of cooking to brown a little. Served with boiled, skin on baby potatoes and minted garden peas. 

Fish, chips and peas the healthy way. Raspberry cream flan for dessert  (not so healthy)Naughty but nice😉 

Glad the tomato plants survived. Mine are struggling here with the odd weather

Avril 

That's how my OH does my salmon steak,with halved cherry toms and garlic on top.Same with white fish.Med veggies with a sprinkle of olive oil also baked.Cheers,Brian.

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Tesco finest used to do a lovely kiev with little chefs hats on the bone.Don't know if they still do them.

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's up  to you entirely. I would have said it's not what you drink but how you drink it, and believe me I've seen a few 'posh' wine guzzlers.

Avril 

I'm probably another Philistine but we drink all our voddies and wine in the bar,and then have water with our dinner.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I'm probably another Philistine but we drink all our voddies and wine in the bar,and then have water with our dinner.

I occasionally just have water with dinner if the pre dinner drinks had the desired effect, but my point is, you should be able to enjoy what you want without upsetting anybody. 

But never Sprouts & chips??? 

I thought sprouts were born in December and gone by New Year... 

Andy 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I occasionally just have water with dinner if the pre dinner drinks had the desired effect, but my point is, you should be able to enjoy what you want without upsetting anybody. 

Andy 

Lots of veg is my new heart diet.

Salmon fillets tonight with lots of different coloured veg.potato, turnip, carrot's,leaks and peas.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Salmon fillets tonight with lots of different coloured veg.potato, turnip, carrot's,leaks and peas.

Thank goodness you haven't included sprouts in your list! I'm still recovering from your sprouts and chips menu from last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank goodness you haven't included sprouts in your list! I'm still recovering from your sprouts and chips menu from last night.

I like sprouts and if fresh sprouts are available I will buy them.

Like drinking coffee before going to sleep they don't affect me adversely fortunately.

• Like 2

My youngest would have sprouts with anything and at anytime of year, 🙂 she particularly likes them in a veg stir fry.

Well, one year today I should be setting sail on my first ever cruise. I am so looking forward to it. I booked it in 2018, it was originally due to be next Saturday, it will have been a long time coming!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

All fine Graham, but sprouts and chips? 😊

Andy 

From being a big meat eater pre heart attack I now eat lots of fruit and vegetables and no red meat.

Just got my cholesterol test results.

Total cholesterol 2.5.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very wise.  Had to spend a few weeks in hospital last year and couldn’t believe how many type 2 diabetes patients there were on the ward, all ignoring all the medical advice with lockers full of sweets and biscuits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sprouts & chips   !  I think Andy's right Graham go steady on the chips mate .:classic_wink:

Sprouts and chips are a common sight around Boxing day with loads of turkey & pickles :classic_love:

I am another fan of them which is just as good as I am in the same situation as Graham when it comes to food.

Glad you mentioned sprouts as I best get them simmering this week ready for Christmas:classic_wink:

Just remember .... just like dogs ... Sprouts are for life not just for christmas :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

If I want a pint of Peroni with my dinner I will have it. 

I occasionally have wine, but sometimes just fancy a beer. 

Andy 

I saw one of those in Asda other day! Hubby doesn’t have those so never really seen them

• Like 1