Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

57 minutes ago, kalos said:

We are struggling to find anything we would like :classic_unsure:

Lets hope it's carvery night up in the buffet. :classic_smile:

Sorry folks this food aint our scene but hope you all have a good time :classic_biggrin:

I struggled too.

It’s not something we would or have paid for. But lots seem to like it. 

Does everyone drink wine and beer or do you peeps also do the cocktails? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

I struggled too.

We do cocktails but not with dinner. 

Planters punch is my go to, but if the weather is nice, pina colada... 

Always start the holiday with a cocktail. 

Andy 

I think it’s totally sensible not to do something you Know you wouldn’t like.  And at nearly £30 I think it’s also a good idea not to try something you don’t think you will like.  It’s your holiday.  Do what you enjoy

I love it when, as they are seating/welcoming me the servers are at pains to point out that the Epicurean experience is a slow one and your meal will take more than two hours

Good job we’re all different or they’d run out of sundaes!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi,here's my seabass with a shredded carrot,courgette and parmesan crumb.My OH had an olive oil,oregano,mozzerella,tomato and extra garlic pizza.Oh,the other dish is the dippers.20200619_192523.thumb.jpg.2f9e06dbf09dfa6f71fd03bdd3d0ff34.jpg20200619_192458.thumb.jpg.fe2b9c36f10c726106c3005876f7526a.jpg

Lovely. Did  you forget my doggie bag? I was looking forward to a bit of bream😔

Avril 

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I struggled too.

Highlight of the cruise for us, just once from each of the two menus, and usually at the initial discounted price.  The food's really excellent,  as is the service,  and there's certainly an element of the theatrical,  particularly the Crêpes Suzette.  

Just table water though, not made of money!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonight is the epicurean 

please tell me if your getting bored with this and I will go annoy others. 

84A10BAA-7FCD-49E5-BAA0-B02215C5EB5B.thumb.jpeg.75cf8589757bc1524dbad3b0cc0a6572.jpeg

233B8345-18AD-4EC2-8F6F-1466952B8DED.thumb.jpeg.6ffdf5388247fcf867c58c2f2d9cf92e.jpeg

A391D9A8-06D6-4894-AECA-8A900E630630.thumb.jpeg.edf6bf6003397335bae803f45a83c321.jpeg

Well I am going to struggle here a bit

starter- don’t like any

main - tiger prawns

dessert - lemon meringue and Jaffa cake (I’m having two since I missed out on a starter)

I'll have

Seared king scallops 

Giant Indonesian tiger prawns

Crepe suzette

Frank decided on

Seared scallops

Black Angus sirloin with chips and broccoli 

Apple and juniper berry crumble

A bottle of moscato for change

Avril 

55 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I struggled too.

We like wine with dinner or we'll just have water if we overindulged the night before 😆. I'm not into cocktails but I'm partial to a Jack Daniels. Frank likes his Peroni, and a whiskey occasionally too. Other than that maybe a Tia Maria or Kahlua on an evening. That's about it.

Keep doing the menus they're fun. We both choose and it's (almost ) as good as being there. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We like wine with dinner or we'll just have water if we overindulged the night before 😆. I'm not into cocktails but I'm partial to a Jack Daniels. Frank likes his Peroni, and a whiskey occasionally too. Other than that maybe a Tia Maria or Kahlua on an evening. That's about it.

Keep doing the menus they're fun. We both choose and it's (almost ) as good as being there. 

Avril 

we like the mocktails. I know it’s not brilliant for them but we chose one every day and share then they pick the best one to have themselves. 

I can manage maybe a g&t but not often. One drink and I’m drunk 

43 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

we like the mocktails. I know it’s not brilliant for them but we chose one every day and share then they pick the best one to have themselves. 

I can manage maybe a g&t but not often. One drink and I’m drunk 

We don't drink much. More on holiday but even so we to be careful because of medication. At home we share  a bottle of wine at the weekend with dinner and i have been know to have a JD if I'm a bit down.

Avril 

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm with Andy and others. I like to think I'll try most things, but I wouldn't pay to eat that menu. 

Off to the buffet,  and two bottles of wine for us!

We've never been in Epicurean but only because there wasn't one on the ship. Looking at the menu though was interesting and we'd definitely go. We love trying different foods and have eaten quite few odd things during our travels.

Avril 

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We've never been in Epicurean but only because there wasn't one on the ship. Looking at the menu though was interesting and we'd definitely go. We love trying different foods and have eaten quite few odd things during our travels.

Avril 

im a bit boring. I don’t like anything too adventurous with food. 

I hardly drink. Never really liked the taste of it which is why I end up with mocktails. Hubby likes beer and wine especially as presents but I’d prefer box of chocs. 
didn’t even remember Father’s Day. How naughty of me, he text his dad and had the cheek to say I forgot to buy my father in law something for hubby to send down. 

did look at holiday photos earlier and cannot wait to go back. I’ll be like a kid at Christmas if I can get back to holidays 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I struggled too.

We are wine drinkers especially a good bottle of red. OH likes a beer during the day, but neither of us go for cocktails. I find them generally much too sweet for my taste.

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’ll be like a kid at Christmas if I can get back to holidays 

I know what you mean. It's all  the excitement of choosing the holiday and itineraries, doing all the research into the ports. It's all part of the fun.

Avril 

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know what you mean. It's all  the excitement of choosing the holiday and itineraries, doing all the research into the ports. It's all part of the fun.

Avril 

The problem is that sometimes after all the planning and anticipation,  the actual holiday can be a bit of a let down.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

The problem is that sometimes after all the planning and anticipation,  the actual holiday can be a bit of a let down.

I am a planner. I love itineraries etc I remember andy saying once that would drive him crazy 😂 

I find it can work both ways. I didn’t plan the ports last year and was disappointed with those. We planned Disney and loved it. 

what absolutely sends me crackers is my hubby will always get to somewhere and turn to me and ask what we are doing. If I haven’t got a plan we end up wasting time and probably argue too so it’s just easier to plan. 

I had every day worked out for the cruise and Disney this year and although I enjoyed doing it when I thought I was going it was definitely a massive waste of time in hindsight. 

some are opposite and just love to explore with no destination. I think we will be like this with no kids in tow. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I am a planner. I love itineraries etc I remember andy saying once that would drive him crazy 😂 

I find it can work both ways. I didn’t plan the ports last year and was disappointed with those. We planned Disney and loved it. 

what absolutely sends me crackers is my hubby will always get to somewhere and turn to me and ask what we are doing. If I haven’t got a plan we end up wasting time and probably argue too so it’s just easier to plan. 

I had every day worked out for the cruise and Disney this year and although I enjoyed doing it when I thought I was going it was definitely a massive waste of time in hindsight. 

some are opposite and just love to explore with no destination. I think we will be like this with no kids in tow. 

I think you’re right about the kids. I’m a planner, like you, or at least I was when the kids were with us. It was essential then, but much less so now.

The one they all remember is Disneyland Paris, not long after it opened. Totally planned, like a route march, to minimise the queuing and maximise the ride time. There at the gates before they opened, precise route planned, no hanging about wasting that valuable early morning time. Worked well, but I doubt I could do it now!

Still plan ahead, but you just have a lot more hours in the day once the children have grown up!

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I'm a bit boring. I don’t like anything too adventurous with food. 

I hardly drink. Never really liked the taste of it which is why I end up with mocktails. Hubby likes beer and wine especially as presents but I’d prefer box of chocs. 
didn’t even remember Father’s Day. How naughty of me, he text his dad and had the cheek to say I forgot to buy my father in law something for hubby to send down. 

did look at holiday photos earlier and cannot wait to go back. I’ll be like a kid at Christmas if I can get back to holidays 

No your not ! If we all liked the same food and drinks that would be boring .

I would put you in the same bracket as me ,which is wary of what you eat as most people are to some degree.

We were once on a ferry that was doing a New Year cruise along Rouen and as a treat I paid around £60 for a " French " gala meal. The highlights were a nice looking steak (you had no choice how it was cooked) that when I cut into it blood was swimming around in the salad on the plate ,it looked like raw flesh so I left it . Then came the snails and a host of other alien foods to me.The tiny chocolate pudding seemed nice though .So that was not much fun for us.

Yesterday I got a phone call for Fathers day off my two, the lads and daughter is a bit older than you, anyway they

rang to say happy Fathers Day  and bemoan the fact that they had not seen me since before Christmas and how they felt bad that they had no card for me this year .

I told them "I am not bothered about a card or presents .I would rather hear their voice any day ."

Which I'm sure any dad would agree with .As for not seeing me that should change very soon .

So Vamps ..pick the phone up give your dad a ring , he will not care about what day it is and will probably laugh with you when you tell him you had forgot which day it was .:classic_wink:

Edited by kalos

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think you’re right about the kids. I’m a planner, like you, or at least I was when the kids were with us. It was essential then, but much less so now.

The one they all remember is Disneyland Paris, not long after it opened. Totally planned, like a route march, to minimise the queuing and maximise the ride time. There at the gates before they opened, precise route planned, no hanging about wasting that valuable early morning time. Worked well, but I doubt I could do it now!

Still plan ahead, but you just have a lot more hours in the day once the children have grown up!

that’s me Harry. I’m not as bad as some of the Disney planners who laminate their itinerary 😳

I can be flexible but I don’t like standing around in a crowded parks or waiting in lines. I even ordered an ice cream on my mobile so I didn’t have to wait in line! 

was definitely more relaxed the first cruise we had when we didn’t have kids

2 hours ago, kalos said:

No your not ! If we all liked the same food and drinks that would be boring .

I would put you in the same bracket as me ,which is wary of what you eat as most people are to some degree.

We were once on a ferry that was doing a New Year cruise along Rouen and as a treat I paid around £60 for a " French " gala meal. The highlights were a nice looking steak (you had no choice how it was cooked) that when I cut into it blood was swimming around in the salad on the plate ,it looked like raw flesh so I left it . Then came the snails and a host of other alien foods to me.The tiny chocolate pudding seemed nice though .So that was not much fun for us.

Yesterday I got a phone call for Fathers day off my two, the lads and daughter is a bit older than you, anyway they

rang to say happy Fathers Day  and bemoan the fact that they had not seen me since before Christmas and how they felt bad that they had no card for me this year .

I told them "I am not bothered about a card or presents .I would rather hear their voice any day ."

Which I'm sure any dad would agree with .As for not seeing me that should change very soon .

So Vamps ..pick the phone up give your dad a ring , he will not care about what day it is and will probably laugh with you when you tell him you had forgot which day it was .:classic_wink:

Kalos unfortunately my dad is no longer here. He died when I was 17. 

To be honest though I wouldn’t have called him anyway, he remarried when I was 15 and she was very controlling and he allowed her to cut him off from his two kids and his parents when before her he would call us every day and see his parents every day too. I used to be sad about it but since having kids it doesn’t bother me anymore. 

I used to ring my grandpa but we lost him 2 years ago so there’s only really my hubby and father in law to buy for and we didn’t get them any presents. To be fair my hubby wouldn’t like a present anyway he just likes to have time with them. But they did help him with his bench, they were sweeping all the sawdust for him. 
will have to post a picture of the bench when he’s finished. He thinks it’s amazing 😂 

• Like 2