Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

You are right Sarah! I always take a few outfits in a larger size for the last few days of the cruise!

Good idea! I'll be packing some stretchy trousers/skirts and floaty tops 😁

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'll  have

Greek salad

Crab, crayfish and broccoli bake

Lemon posset

Frank 

Greek salad 

Beef fillet

Sundae 

The usual wine.

Coffee & chocs?

Avril 

I will have the same as you Avril, but David is going for Tomato soup, Beef fillet and a mixture of ice creams. We have decided that they have bought back Billi Billi wine so we have a bottle of that.

9 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

Good idea Josy! Wish they would bring it back - we used to really enjoy it.

In that case then I'll bring back the Bulletin Zinfandel. It's one of the nicest we've had. Really disappointed. when they changed it.

Avril 

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

they always were Eddie. For some reason they always seemed to pay special attention to us. Like when there were dolphin outside in the middle of dinner the waiter ran up to us. Then the head waiter came down after the main on the second night to see how everything went etc. 

they would always ask the kids what they’d like and make sure they got what they asked for, even when I disagreed sometimes. They couldn’t do enough. I did mention it to someone once and they said that a lot of staff are missing their own families so they like to see kids on the ship. 

we even seem to adopt one of the receptionists. She must have come to talk to my eldest every day. Can understand why. My two are amazing little people, they just know how to wind me up some days! 

Vamps  - from what I have seen, the staff love children that are polite, cute,  and well behaved. The fact that everyone loves  your children reflects brilliantly on you and your husband, and obviously on your girls as well.

• Like 1

Hi,here's my seabass with a shredded carrot,courgette and parmesan crumb.My OH had an olive oil,oregano,mozzerella,tomato and extra garlic pizza.Oh,the other dish is the dippers.20200619_192523.thumb.jpg.2f9e06dbf09dfa6f71fd03bdd3d0ff34.jpg20200619_192458.thumb.jpg.fe2b9c36f10c726106c3005876f7526a.jpg

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi,here's my seabass with a shredded carrot,courgette and parmesan crumb.My OH had an olive oil,oregano,mozzerella,tomato and extra garlic pizza.Oh,the other dish is the dippers.20200619_192523.thumb.jpg.2f9e06dbf09dfa6f71fd03bdd3d0ff34.jpg20200619_192458.thumb.jpg.fe2b9c36f10c726106c3005876f7526a.jpg

Looks delicious 😋

Tonight is the epicurean 

please tell me if your getting bored with this and I will go annoy others. 

84A10BAA-7FCD-49E5-BAA0-B02215C5EB5B.thumb.jpeg.75cf8589757bc1524dbad3b0cc0a6572.jpeg

233B8345-18AD-4EC2-8F6F-1466952B8DED.thumb.jpeg.6ffdf5388247fcf867c58c2f2d9cf92e.jpeg

A391D9A8-06D6-4894-AECA-8A900E630630.thumb.jpeg.edf6bf6003397335bae803f45a83c321.jpeg

Well I am going to struggle here a bit

starter- don’t like any

main - tiger prawns

dessert - lemon meringue and Jaffa cake (I’m having two since I missed out on a starter)

• Haha 1

Oooooh, lovely

And it’s a lovely evening here, so can I have a table outside please?

I’ll do ‘table theatre’ for all three courses

First an amuse bouche.  Bloody Mary ice lolly with celery salt recently.

Jamon pata negra - the trolley with the whole ham/leg is wheeled over and your server shaves off wafer thin pieces, together with Parmesan shavings, olives, almond oil.  Mmm

Rb eye steak for 2, divided at the table

Comes with pont neuf’chips’ (at least 3 🙄] and tomato

I’ll have some spinach and asparagus too, please

Pudding?  Has to be crepes Suzette.  The trolley again, and the spiel as your server lights the gas and cooks up the citrus sauce.  Soaks the pre-prepared crepes then pops it onto the plate with lovely vanilla ice cream

Chocolate truffles

oh - I’ve enjoyed.  Thanks Vamps.  Can I buy you a drink?  Seems only fair if you’re shelling out nearly £30 per head for the treat

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Oooooh, lovely

And it’s a lovely evening here, so can I have a table outside please?

I’ll do ‘table theatre’ for all three courses

First an amuse bouche.  Bloody Mary ice lolly with celery salt recently.

Jamon pata negra - the trolley with the whole ham/leg is wheeled over and your server shaves off wafer thin pieces, together with Parmesan shavings, olives, almond oil.  Mmm

Rb eye steak for 2, divided at the table

Comes with pont neuf’chips’ (at least 3 🙄] and tomato

I’ll have some spinach and asparagus too, please

Pudding?  Has to be crepes Suzette.  The trolley again, and the spiel as your server lights the gas and cooks up the citrus sauce.  Soaks the pre-prepared crepes then pops it onto the plate with lovely vanilla ice cream

Chocolate truffles

oh - I’ve enjoyed.  Thanks Vamps.  Can I buy you a drink?  Seems only fair if you’re shelling out nearly £30 per head for the treat

yours sounds nice. I’ll have a mocktail please. 

What’s table theatre? I never been to epicurean it’s all new to me to even look again at the menu

It’s what I call - might even be the proper expression - where you get more than just your plate plonked in front of you

You’ll have seen crepes Suzette being cooked at table, with a great flaming when they fling brandy and orange liqueur into the fry pan and set light to it

So, with my choices above, you get a bit of theatre with every course - not a lot with dividing the steak for the main course, but never mind

Hmm, these starters are difficult for me. I like and dislike elements of all of them, but please  can I have...

Jamon Pata Negra

Tiger Prawns

Crepes Suzette

Thanks for doing these posts Vampiress, I enjoy browsing the menus everyday!

41 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonight is the epicurean 

84A10BAA-7FCD-49E5-BAA0-B02215C5EB5B.thumb.jpeg.75cf8589757bc1524dbad3b0cc0a6572.jpeg

233B8345-18AD-4EC2-8F6F-1466952B8DED.thumb.jpeg.6ffdf5388247fcf867c58c2f2d9cf92e.jpeg

A391D9A8-06D6-4894-AECA-8A900E630630.thumb.jpeg.edf6bf6003397335bae803f45a83c321.jpeg

starter- don’t like any

main - tiger prawns

dessert - lemon meringue and Jaffa cake (I’m having two since I missed out on a starter)

Same here with the starters, not even the soup for me. 

I'm off to the mdr and saving myself some money as well. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Tonight is the epicurean 

starter- don’t like any

main - tiger prawns

Having been a few times, this is a wonderful menu and often one of the highlights of the cruise.

I've never felt ripped off from Epicurean to be honest, particularly if you can go with a 1/3 off.  An ideal alternative to Marco Pierre White's MDR "gala" dinner.  

Reading the menu, it comes across as a bit restrictive, but far from it.  In fact the only thing I swerve is the Bloody Mary lollipop.

I agree on the Crepes Suzette - definite with plenty Grand Marnier (and with port afterwards, as it's a freebie 😀).

Scallops and Irish Beef Fillet to accompany the crepes...if I'm still hungry - more crepes.

• Like 1

If I hadn't already had Lasagne, garlic bread and strawberry cheesecake... I would have

Jamon Pata Negra

Sirloin

crepe suzette

Might be able to nip up to the buffet for a midnight snack later!

Edited by indiana123

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

We are struggling to find anything we would like :classic_unsure:

Lets hope it's carvery night up in the buffet. :classic_smile:

Sorry folks this food aint our scene but hope you all have a good time :classic_biggrin:

Come down to the mdr for the 3 S's with me Kalos. 

Soup

Steak

Sundae

Can't go wrong.. 

Andy 

• Like 1