Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I find tuna too dry that way so Caprese salad,grey mullet and tarte citron but the b&b pud was a close second.

Bread and butter pudding used to be on the “always available” list. When we were on 7 Arcadia to the fjords with my cousin and her husband he had it for dessert every night! 

• Like 1

I find tuna too dry that way so Caprese salad,grey mullet and tarte citron but the b&b pud was a close second.

I always order the seared tuna when it's on the menu. It's always been pink inside and lovely. Maybe I've been lucky. It's only on the menu once during a cruise so I never miss. I wish they'd put it on more than once like they do some others.  I've tried replicating it at home but can't get it the same. They must use a secret ingredient😆

Sis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I always order the seared tuna when it's on the menu. It's always been pink inside and lovely. Maybe I've been lucky. It's only on the menu once during a cruise so I never miss. I wish they'd put it on more than once like they do some others.  I've tried replicating it at home but can't get it the same. They must use a secret ingredient😆

Sis

I'm like you,I like most fish including shellfish.Just that thick tuna steak with seed coating,not my cup of tea.Now Swordfish is a different ballgame.I'm gonna order that with the toms and olives next time.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'm like you,I like most fish including shellfish.Just that thick tuna steak with seed coating,not my cup of tea.Now Swordfish is a different ballgame.I'm gonna order that with the toms and olives next time.

I love swordfish. I don't know if it's me , but the dark flesh seems to  have the flavour of kippers. The first time we had swordfish was about 40 years ago in a tiny taverna in Kefalos. It was served with fried onions and a fried egg on top. It was amazing. I've never seen it served like that since, but I still do it like that when I occasionally cook it at home. 

Sis

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree, dislike tuna, but love swordfish.  Sole, lobster, prawns - I'm happy.  

The problem with tuna is that it can easily be overcooked which makes it dry and tough. It's like calamari , it only needs showing to the heat.

Avril 

I have had swordfish twice on P&O, unfortunately both occasions it was dry and overcooked.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I love swordfish. I don't know if it's me , but the dark flesh seems to  have the flavour of kippers. The first time we had swordfish was about 40 years ago in a tiny taverna in Kefalos. It was served with fried onions and a fried egg on top. It was amazing. I've never seen it served like that since, but I still do it like that when I occasionally cook it at home. 

Sis

We're lucky,the beach restaurant griddles it in garlic and olive oil which is lovely and our local restaurant does a more tender saucier version also lovely,lol.Bro Brian.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have had swordfish twice on P&O, unfortunately both occasions it was dry and overcooked.

I like a 2 hr fight with my swordfish and then wrestle it to the deck.Trouble is the fishmonger gets the hump and throws me out.

• Haha 3

Tonight it will be

Salmon  Roulade

Cod

Treacle Tart

then just a few biscuits with Stilton.

I think a Reisling would go down nicely

The trouble with this is that now I will crave for a treacle tart all evening.   grrrrr😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

You guys have cost me too much. MDR again. 
tonight I think I might struggle 

C5D774E2-577A-4DEC-80B9-C58E12516E38.thumb.jpeg.31f13ae4a3bf230ddb777e4b61b036ee.jpeg

70413A6C-8CF1-478E-9FBE-3374E0B5E47E.thumb.jpeg.7b850e2ca60a9791b36ff7029c8a7a90.jpeg

Asparagus with egg

salmon fillet

kumquat and almond cake

never had asparagus or kumquat so will definitely try it when we go back 

Not fancying much there tonight, gonna see if they have a spare table in The Glass House. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Potted shrimps

cod fillet

cheese and biscuits

please

Kedgeree in the real world tonight, followed by a lovely cheeseboard, courtesy of Father’s Day at the weekend

I had the potted shrimp last year. Never heard it before but it wasn’t as I expected and I didn’t like it. 
I was surprised that it was cold

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not fancying much there tonight, gonna see if they have a spare table in The Glass House. 

Andy 

might have to look at the glass house tomorrow. 

I find the mdr hit and miss but I seems to be better that trying to get a buffet with the kids. 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

You guys have cost me too much. MDR again. 
tonight I think I might struggle 

C5D774E2-577A-4DEC-80B9-C58E12516E38.thumb.jpeg.31f13ae4a3bf230ddb777e4b61b036ee.jpeg

70413A6C-8CF1-478E-9FBE-3374E0B5E47E.thumb.jpeg.7b850e2ca60a9791b36ff7029c8a7a90.jpeg

Asparagus with egg

salmon fillet

kumquat and almond cake

never had asparagus or kumquat so will definitely try it when we go back 

Tonight choice

Potted shrimp 

Pan fried chicken breast 

Honey Panna Cotta with a scoop of elderflower ice cream. Love them both and can't decide so------

Frank's choice 

Potted shrimp 

Cod fillet

Baked treacle tart

Bottle Zinfandel 

Avril 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Treacle tart is popular. Must be cos it’s a good old british pud

It's much too sweet for me. It sets  my teeth on edge. I like ice cream and creamy desserts, and did I mention ice cream? 😊

Avril 

That is one reason why I prefer Princess and Cunard to P&O the food is more International dont go on holiday wherever it might be to eat Liver & Onions and Bread & Butter pudding. Really do think P&O should be a little bit more adventurous and varied with their food.

38 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is one reason why I prefer Princess and Cunard to P&O the food is more International dont go on holiday wherever it might be to eat Liver & Onions and Bread & Butter pudding. Really do think P&O should be a little bit more adventurous and varied with their food.

I agree. There are some menus I did find last year with a whole Caribbean menu that night. I’d love that but I suppose it was for a set destination. 

there’s no many rice or pasta dishes compared to the potatoes ones