Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 9th June 2020

bluemarble

8 hours ago, AussieVoyager said:

With this statement from the Australian Prime Minister, what's the betting that Cunard's November 2020 resumption date will now be cancelled altogether?

Scott Morrison has declared his “hope” that COVID-19 border restrictions will be eased by Christmas but warned Australians it was unlikely that normal movement without any restrictions will be restored by summer.

The prospect could stop thousands of Australians spending Christmas with relatives and loved ones and comes amid concerns that the Queensland border closures, while popular with voters, are not based on clear medical advice.

Just months ago, the Prime Minister had hoped the border restrictions would be lifted by July, a hope that now seems abandoned in the wake of the second wave in Victoria.

Thank you for sharing the Prime Minister's message Aussie Voyager!

Guess we are all expecting further cancellations and delays.  Too many unknowns.  Expect the country will slowly open to nationals in the early stages and, if all goes well, eventually allow foreigners in to visit.  That does not bode well for cruise travel unless those in the designated "bubble" are the only passengers allowed initially. Cunard cancelled the first half of our November Australian cruise (two short B2B) and RCCL and Celebrity still continue to list and sell South Pacific cruises from Sydney.  We cancelled our Nov 3 from Sydney just prior to final payment as they only announced cancellations until Sept 30th....so far.   Believe everyone expects cancellations to continue as many of the ships are still busy with crew repatriation;never mind all the health and safety protocols to be determined.   

Stay safe everyone!  Think we will start viewing old travel reports and videos of the ports that might have been, at least for now:)

Edited by lizinvan
typo

Not at all happy with Cunard who seriously made a huge mess of our refund. At 140+ days, went for the credit card repayment option. 

Has anyone else in the UK, hit this time lapse span for repayment?

39 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

. Has anyone else in the UK, hit this time lapse span for repayment?

Not quite. We got to about 120 days when we got a cheque, that bounced.

And, I think, 123 days when we got a second cheque that cleared OK. 

And at about 125 days we got an email telling us to bank the first cheque (we had already tried to) and shred the second one (just as well we didn’t).

I don’t blame you for going the route you have. I would have done the same by that point.

Edited by Colin_Cameron

Now that P & O has just announced its cancellation of Arcadia world cruise and Aurora South American Adventure cruise

how long before Cunard follow suit. 

There have several people I know who have already jumped ship and moved to 2022.

I can imagine there will be a scramble to get on 2022 cruises, but looking at availability, there seems to be very little accommodation 

left and prices have increased. 

Luckily we are on 2022 QV world cruise after being on 2020 QM2 world cruise that was terminated in Freemantle.

Greetings everyone:

The QM2 TA on August 21 was cancelled in early June. I called Cunard for a refund on June 9. The deposit refund was placed in my VISA account on July 30.

Yesterday a Cunard rep called to say to check my VISA as VISA was being quite slow in making the refund deposits. There was no sales pitch. Just a check call. 

Not bad at all.

• Like 1

Five months ago today, we were dropped off (or should I say dumped) in Fremantle Australia. We had to leave the Queen Mary 2 in 24 hours. Such chaos. The Captain announced that we would be reimbursed for any expenses we paid to get home. Well so far I have not received any expense money. Apparently it will come in a form of a check in a white envelope from a company called Bottomline I keep calling and calling guest relations. Unfortunately like many companies the people I talked to are furloughed. Three weeks ago I was promised a check this week When I called yesterday a new person said it will take another 30 to 60 days UGH I understand they are very understaffed and also doing different jobs. When I say I am out of work and so is my hubby, it does not mean much to them since their co workers are out of work and also they might be. What a crazy world we are living in - all industries are what I call going through the 2 Ds Different and Difficult
I hope all of you are well. I certainly miss helping my clients and friends and giving my two cents worth.
Sending tons of HUGS!

Hi All,

We do not know much about the process regarding refunds etc as we just took FCC's for our cruises cancelled in March this year.  Can someone please help me with this query.  We have paid a substantial deposit for a section of a world cruise on QM2 leaving Singapore next March. The balance of payment is due in November and we are uncertain what to do.  We are considering our options and wondering whether we can cancel the cruise and take a FCC on the deposit? Or do we need to pay in full and wait to see if it gets cancelled?

We are worried that it will not be safe to travel and that we will end up with a huge FCC to be used up.  We already now have 3 cruises booked on P & O UK due to cancelled cruises and credit to be used up.  We don't really want any more.

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Cat and Jim

On 8/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, Summer hols said:

Now that P & O has just announced its cancellation of Arcadia world cruise and Aurora South American Adventure cruise

how long before Cunard follow suit. 

There have several people I know who have already jumped ship and moved to 2022.

I can imagine there will be a scramble to get on 2022 cruises, but looking at availability, there seems to be very little accommodation 

left and prices have increased. 

Luckily we are on 2022 QV world cruise after being on 2020 QM2 world cruise that was terminated in Freemantle.

We are on the 2022 QV full World Cruise. We decided to move to this cruise as we felt the 2021 world voyage had little chance of sailing and if it did the chance of missing out so many ports and strict restrictions would be a waste of time. It is looking like this was a good move. Fingers crossed all will be much much better by then. We look forward to hopefully seeing you onboard without too many new rules... let us hope a vaccine has been passed by then

14 hours ago, Catjim2015 said:

We are considering our options and wondering whether we can cancel the cruise and take a FCC on the deposit? Or do we need to pay in full and wait to see if it gets cancelled?

This should help, at the moment you can transfer your booking but not cancel (unless you want to lose your deposit). If Cunard are going to cancel the voyage, I would expect them to do that before the final balance is due.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories

Refund Finally!! Hi all today we finally got our refund 150+ days since we left QM2 in Freemantle. Hang in there all who are still waiting. Worth it in the end. Hoping to return to cruising once it is safe to do so. Jeanette

Now that the government of Tasmania has sealed its borders through to 1 December 2020 at least, the first QE cruise out of Melbourne (25 November - 1 December) will have to be either cancelled or varied.  It includes a stop in Tasmania and clearly can't do that now.  I wonder how long we have to wait for the official announcement?

Credit was finally issued to my Visa cc this week.  I received the original cancellation notice email on April 23 and I opted for the full refund which they said would be applied within sixty days.  Well, almost four months later it finally did get posted to my Visa card!  

Just received, not unexpected:

After very careful consideration we do not feel it would be sensible to start sailing again this year. We are therefore extending our pause in operations through to 25 March 2021 for Queen Elizabeth, 18 April 2021 for Queen Mary 2 and 16 May 2021 for Queen Victoria. This means that your voyage has unfortunately been cancelled and we are very sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

To add to the cancellation info:

In addition, with Queen Elizabeth having returned to the UK during the pause, and with ongoing uncertainty over the re-opening of ports and countries on her intended routes next year, it is sadly not practical to continue as planned. We have therefore made the difficult decision to cancel Queen Elizabeth's voyages due to depart between 26 March 2021 and 13 December 2021.

The cancelled sailings in and around Australia, Japan and Alaska will be replaced with a programme of shorter duration European holidays ranging from three to 14 nights. Queen Elizabeth will be returning to Australia at the end of 2021 and Japan in spring 2022. We're also excited to announce that we'll be putting new itineraries on sale for all ships through to the end of 2022, later this year. This will include Queen Elizabeth visiting Alaska and Australia once again.

Just received a notice from Cunard that they are cancelling the published 2022 cruises of the QM2.  This is the second Cunard voyage that has been cancelled.  FCC is a joke as the line doesn't know what to expect, so why rebook?  It makes no sense to publish a schedule at all.  Frustrated.

• Host Hattie locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic