Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 9th June 2020

bluemarble

Cunard has taken care of its customers and passengers. My deep respect tot their management and team for such a quick way to resolve this problem. I am glad that these people thing about others and not only about their pockets. If there is a company I have no problems with - its Cunard 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Cunard has taken care of its customers and passengers. My deep respect tot their management and team for such a quick way to resolve this problem. I am glad that these people thing about others and not only about their pockets. If there is a company I have no problems with - its Cunard 

Hahahah Roger. You're so funny. Good one mate!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sydgal said:

Travel agent deposited cash in my account this morning. Hope every one else airing for refunds gets there’s soon.

sydgal do you know when your TA received your cheque from Cunard. Still waiting for my TA to deposit my cash, they received my cheque from Cunard 15th June.

11 minutes ago, jland said:

sydgal do you know when your TA received your cheque from Cunard. Still waiting for my TA to deposit my cash, they received my cheque from Cunard 15th June.

Where did you get that date of 15 June from ?.These are the exact words from Cunard to me " I am pleased to confirm that a refund for 2LDX4P has been processed in our system on 10 June, and for booking 2QHDMJ on 19 June. As these bookings were made through a travel agent, these refunds will be paid direct to the travel agent who will then issue them to yourself in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Please note that refunds via travel agents are done so through a cheque, which may take up to 20 business days to arrive from the refund date. " So - poor English expression there. "The refund HAS been processed and WILL BE PAID to the TA ??" -- When will it be paid?  Has it been paid ?  "Refunds are done through a cheque which may take up to 20 days to arrive " Arrive from where and to whom? 

4 hours ago, sydgal said:

Travel agent deposited cash in my account this morning. Hope every one else airing for refunds gets there’s soon.

Hi sydgal,

As well as jland's question, I'd like to know what date the cruise was and when you requested the refund.

Thanks

Brian

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Where did you get that date of 15 June from ?.These are the exact words from Cunard to me " I am pleased to confirm that a refund for 2LDX4P has been processed in our system on 10 June, and for booking 2QHDMJ on 19 June. As these bookings were made through a travel agent, these refunds will be paid direct to the travel agent who will then issue them to yourself in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Please note that refunds via travel agents are done so through a cheque, which may take up to 20 business days to arrive from the refund date. " So - poor English expression there. "The refund HAS been processed and WILL BE PAID to the TA ??" -- When will it be paid?  Has it been paid ?  "Refunds are done through a cheque which may take up to 20 days to arrive " Arrive from where and to whom? 

Cunard's emails usually raise more questions than they answer. Lets hope this one means that the cheques were sent to your TA on the 10th and 19th. BTW, your TA is my TA and they told me the refund could be anything up to 66 days after the cheques were issued. You should get your refund anytime up until mid August.

Brian

29 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

BTW, your TA is my TA and they told me the refund could be anything up to 66 days after the cheques were issued. You should get your refund anytime up until mid August.

Brian

Thanks Brian!!!!! 😞   The question then is - will they remain out of bankrupcy until mid -August?????   😞 

My TA got the cheque last Tuesday and had to wait for it to clear. She put the funds in my account this morning and they credited straight away.

My cruise was the Queen Elizabeth 15 March cancelled on the 14 March. Refund requested by TA on 16 March and cheque received on 23 June.

My TA has been terrific in chasing up the fare and out of pocket expenses which were paid in full.

15 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Thanks Brian!!!!! 😞   The question then is - will they remain out of bankruptcy until mid -August?????   😞 

I hope they don't, but it won't bother me. I went the disputed CC route after they missed two promised dates and had my refund from the bank within 4 days.

15 hours ago, sydgal said:

My TA got the cheque last Tuesday and had to wait for it to clear. She put the funds in my account this morning and they credited straight away.

My cruise was the Queen Elizabeth 15 March cancelled on the 14 March. Refund requested by TA on 16 March and cheque received on 23 June.

My TA has been terrific in chasing up the fare and out of pocket expenses which were paid in full.

So glad you are finally sorted!

A good result if you consider waiting 106 days for the refund to be good.

Brian

17 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Thanks Brian!!!!! 😞   The question then is - will they remain out of bankrupcy until mid -August?????   😞 

bazzaw, I believe we have the same ta. I have just had an email from them to confirm the last 4 digits of my cc So they can process my refund. They received the cheque from Cunard on the 15th June, so not quick but at least it is coming.

i have never traveled with Cunard, we booked this cruise to try the queens grill, at first I thought we would not give them another try, but have since changed my mind. At least they have come good in the end.

If anybody thinks Cunard are bad try dealing with Ponant, they are the absolute pits.

18 minutes ago, jland said:

bazzaw, I believe we have the same ta. I have just had an email from them to confirm the last 4 digits of my cc So they can process my refund. They received the cheque from Cunard on the 15th June, so not quick but at least it is coming.

i have never traveled with Cunard, we booked this cruise to try the queens grill, at first I thought we would not give them another try, but have since changed my mind. At least they have come good in the end.

If anybody thinks Cunard are bad try dealing with Ponant, they are the absolute pits.

Great to hear !! At least it appears that the cogs are turning - good for you. Cunard has advised me that they have "processed" my refunds on 12 June and 19 June. I had previously been asked over the phone how I wanted it all back as I had paid a combination of CC to TA plus direct Bank Transfer to TA , and I told him  CC . I will be really happy when and if this saga is over. I am waiting on around $30K . We were to also experience the Queens Grill - it was too good a deal not to 🙂 - but it wasn't to be. Personally I don't think that any of us will be cruising again for a long time .

i just posted this on facebook    On the QM2   2020  world cruise

it is hard for me to shut up about the cruise lines and I do try. But if anyone wants my advice --- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES give money now to any cruise line. My hubby and I were kicked off our world cruise almost 4 months ago and I still have not gotten back one cent of our refund--- which is a lot of money. They keep promising dates and say it is processing, etc It is outrageous!

• Like 1

We had booked the September 25 crossing on QM. I applied for a refund of the deposit a little over a week ago. I just went to my acount to make a payment, only to discover it has a negative balance. To my amazement, the refund has already been applied to my credit card account!

On 6/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, sydgal said:

Thanks. Those dates are exactly the same as my dates. Isn't it amazing that one TA can do the refund a week after receiving the cheque from Cunard and others quote "up to 66 days".

Did Cunard advise you that they had processed your claim and sent the cheque to the TA? Maybe other TA's have received cheques and are sitting on them. . .

1 hour ago, ozbrian said:

Thanks. Those dates are exactly the same as my dates. Isn't it amazing that one TA can do the refund a week after receiving the cheque from Cunard and others quote "up to 66 days".

Did Cunard advise you that they had processed your claim and sent the cheque to the TA? Maybe other TA's have received cheques and are sitting on them. . .

I have had zero contact with  Cunard since this saga began. The TA has had a couple of emails about the refunds. My TA is in a country town and is able to give faster turnaround. I am still waiting for the call from customer care on cancellation day offering all sorts of assistance as per their emails.

Maggie

I

Just had our refund cheque posted through the door this morning for our cancelled cruise on QV. We have made lots of calls & sent numerous emails to Cunard and the information given back to us was very vague regarding refunds, some of them conflicting.
Last emails sent to Cunard threatened taking the legal route, whether this had any bearing, who knows.

So straight down to the Bank to deposit it, hopefully cleared tomorrow. 
Just had a look at Cunard’s site for the same itinerary cruise for next year 2021. The price has more than doubled, so much for 125% against future cruise. 
We are sitting tight and waiting for this horrible situation to get back to something like normal. We all understand the problem Cunard faces, but a response from Cunard to confirm refund application or to other emails sent would have gone a long way to help alleviate our concerns, alas we had to endure the somewhat insipid videos from the CEO.
Good luck and good health to all.

Edited by Captn Poldark

We are due to take a leg of the QV world tour in February - San Francisco to Brisbane - which leaves Southampton in January. 

In all honesty I don’t see this happening for various reasons.

A) the ongoing and increasing prevalence of the pandemic in the States

B) The unwillingness of the US authorities in allowing cruise ships to dock in any US port

C) ditto the various ports en route across the Pacific might well be unwilling to let in cruise ships

D) the likelihood that onboard facilities will be highly regulated and curtailed

E) the likelihood that passenger numbers will have to be limited, i.e. 50% of capacity

F) and following on from E) who will be turfed off and how that would make any cruise financially viable.

G) who would want to take the risk at any time before 2022 and a vaccine is widely available

H) Insurance. 

This las point may be the killer for many travellers over the age of 70.

6 minutes ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

We are due to take a leg of the QV world tour in February - San Francisco to Brisbane - which leaves Southampton in January. 

In all honesty I don’t see this happening for various reasons.

A) the ongoing and increasing prevalence of the pandemic in the States

B) The unwillingness of the US authorities in allowing cruise ships to dock in any US port

C) ditto the various ports en route across the Pacific might well be unwilling to let in cruise ships

D) the likelihood that onboard facilities will be highly regulated and curtailed

E) the likelihood that passenger numbers will have to be limited, i.e. 50% of capacity

F) and following on from E) who will be turfed off and how that would make any cruise financially viable.

G) who would want to take the risk at any time before 2022 and a vaccine is widely available

H) Insurance. 

This las point may be the killer for many travellers over the age of 70.

Am in a similar position and feel the same. Have a 26 night cruise booked for December and TBH am hoping it is cancelled as dont really want to go on it now. 

What's is also being overlooked is that this pandemic has devastated many peoples finances and they may no longer have the finances for cruises for which they have paid their deposits. These can be fairly hefty sums of money too. 

Sorry if this subject has been covered time and time again but how much longer will I have to wait to get my refund back? This is now day 84 after I had the cancellation invoice sent to me and still no sign of any refund. How long have you had to wait and has anyone had to wait longer than 90 days? Should I be contacting Cunard? Getting worried now a lot of businesses are going under due to the virus and I may never get my money back.

16 minutes ago, Bennybluehat said:

Sorry if this subject has been covered time and time again but how much longer will I have to wait to get my refund back? This is now day 84 after I had the cancellation invoice sent to me and still no sign of any refund. How long have you had to wait and has anyone had to wait longer than 90 days? Should I be contacting Cunard? Getting worried now a lot of businesses are going under due to the virus and I may never get my money back.

The thoughts of many on CC is to send Cunard a 14 day notice of Legal Action, then if no substantive reply, go to Law filing your claim on line.  The process is simple, and when you win your case Cunard will be forced by judgement to pay your claim and all costs.  And if Cunard fail to pay, then send in the Bailifs.

Or file Section 75 with you Credit Card Provider if you paid by Credit Card.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

5 hours ago, Bennybluehat said:

How long have you had to wait and has anyone had to wait longer than 90 days? 

We are well over 100 days! Not prepared to say more on social media at present, as in continuing dialogue with Cunard. Certainly not a happy client.

Received my refund today for cancelled Queen Victoria crossing on 17 March.  Refund requested 16 March.  I've lost count of the days, but about 3 1/2 months.  Sad that I won't be able to experience Cunard.  I can drive to Ft. Lauderdale and prefer to cruise to or from there so this was a one off opportunity for us.