Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 9th June 2020

bluemarble

I will never sail Cunard. I have been waiting for a full refund of a cruise that was booked almost two years ago. I cancelled the cruise the first of March and I have seen small amounts of money be returned to me but they still owe me more. This is 120 days (4 months) and what Cunard said is everything is being refunded piece meal, a little here and a little there. My flight that was booked through them is still on American Airlines as I am taking it. I have called and called, asking them to cancel the flight and refund my money and so far nothing has happened.

This isn't a prestige cruise line if they can't take care of their passengers.

17 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

I will never sail Cunard. I have been waiting for a full refund of a cruise that was booked almost two years ago. I cancelled the cruise the first of March and I have seen small amounts of money be returned to me but they still owe me more. This is 120 days (4 months) and what Cunard said is everything is being refunded piece meal, a little here and a little there. My flight that was booked through them is still on American Airlines as I am taking it. I have called and called, asking them to cancel the flight and refund my money and so far nothing has happened.

This isn't a prestige cruise line if they can't take care of their passengers.

Why are they paying it bit by bit and not the full amount at once? We are still waiting for our refund, 90 days on Wednesday, and I got a feeling I will have a fight on my hands to get it. Not acceptable at all.

Well it only took about 116 days, but I finally received a refund for a QV crossing back in March and canceled in March.  It was a US booking so all monies were handled by Princess Cruises in California.  

14 hours ago, resordanis said:

Finally received our refund today for our cancelled 15th March QE cruise. Now just waiting for our out of pocket expenses. 

Good news resordanis.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:25 AM, LadyL1 said:

We are well over 100 days! Not prepared to say more on social media at present, as in continuing dialogue with Cunard. Certainly not a happy client.

Hi,

It doesn't sound like limiting your social media comments is getting you far. Vent away! It may make you fell better and certainly won't hurt your refund status.

April 25 QM crossing canceled in March.
Refund requested on April 26.

Checked in  early June was promised by June 15. About June 20th, I called again and was promised by June 30.

Called yesterday I was told it should have been processed already and they would check into it and get back to me this morning.   No word today as promised so I’ll call again tomorrow.

Disappointing.

11 minutes ago, gkerlin said:

Checked in  early June was promised by June 15. About June 20th, I called again and was promised by June 30.

Called yesterday I was told it should have been processed already and they would check into it and get back to me this morning.   No word today as promised so I’ll call again tomorrow.

Disappointing.

Looks like you're in the US, so everything is being handled by Princess Cruises in CA.  My refund showed up today for a QV voyage in March, canceled in March.  It took 116 days.  Hopefully yours is not far behind.  

If this has taught me anything, it's to be very cautious booking any future cruises and putting money down.  This goes for any cruise line as most are lagging on refunds although Princess/Cunard seems to be one of the worst.  If you have to cancel be prepared to wait 3-4 months for any refund.  Not good.  

Day 118 and finally the refund for our Fremantle-Cape Town  QM2 voyage has arrived. 

Still waiting on the Cape Town-Southampton leg but if I remember correctly it wasn’t officially cancelled until a day or so later. If I had any confidence that they were doing things in any sort of order I might expect that in a couple of days. But I haven’t, so I don’t.

• Like 1

50 days since Cunard refunded me twice for my cancelled May cruise on QM2.  Returned overpayment by cheque which they have not yet cashed and contacted them on Facebook about it with no response. Unbelievable what a total mess they must be in and does anyone know what they are doing. Losing confidence in Cunard day by day.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

50 days since Cunard refunded me twice for my cancelled May cruise on QM2.  Returned overpayment by cheque which they have not yet cashed and contacted them on Facebook about it with no response. Unbelievable what a total mess they must be in and does anyone know what they are doing. Losing confidence in Cunard day by day.

We were meant to be on the exact same cruise and we haven’t had a single penny off Cunard for the cancellation. How on Earth are they deciding who to pay and who not to? I thought it might be order of cruise but if you have had your refund that can’t be the case. Maybe you should forward your extra payment to us if Cunard don’t want it!! I’m getting worried why we haven’t had our refund.

Was told by  Cunard a week ago that they had "processed" my refunds in early to mid - June. So I emailed my TA yesterday and asked if they had any further info for me - almost immediately I got this reply " Hi Barry  I can see the funds are back, can you supply with me with the following details,  BSB:  Account Number:  Name on Account:"

I have a sneaking suspicion that this TA will take as long as Cunard did to do their "processing" --- we are  very busy, you understand!!! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gkerlin said:

Disappointing.

No refund for us yet either. I have no idea what they are playing at but it’s really starting to hack me off now. It’s not acceptable, I never though Cunard would stoop this low.

i heard from Guest relations today but unfortunately missed the call  She said that they submitted our expenses to the finance department for a check to be sent    Does anyone else have this experience ?  Does it mean it was approved and if so I wonder how long it takes to get a check   My hubby chuckled and said two years   

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Was told by  Cunard a week ago that they had "processed" my refunds in early to mid - June. So I emailed my TA yesterday and asked if they had any further info for me - almost immediately I got this reply " Hi Barry  I can see the funds are back, can you supply with me with the following details,  BSB:  Account Number:  Name on Account:"

I have a sneaking suspicion that this TA will take as long as Cunard did to do their "processing" --- we are  very busy, you understand!!! 

And how long would they have sat on them if you hadn't called?

Hopefully the funds will hit overnight. Keep us posted.

8 hours ago, bazzaw said:

That same TA email me on 30th June to check if I still had the same credit card as when I booked the cruise, as they intend to process my refund. Still waiting. Cunard sent them my cheque on 15th June.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bennybluehat said:

We were meant to be on the exact same cruise and we haven’t had a single penny off Cunard for the cancellation. How on Earth are they deciding who to pay and who not to? I thought it might be order of cruise but if you have had your refund that can’t be the case. Maybe you should forward your extra payment to us if Cunard don’t want it!! I’m getting worried why we haven’t had our refund.

Have you informed Cunard of any sort of action. I contacted them on their Facebook page that if I had not received my refund within 14 days I would instigate Section 75 with my credit card. It worked that well and frightened them that they sent me a cheque and also refunded my credit card. Now after receiving phone call from Cunard about refunding them have sent a cheque to the address and department I was given and had no acknowledgement, contacted on Facebook page and have ignored me and have not banked the cheque. Dont know what more I can do perhaps they want me to keep it as compensation.

The TA I had booked for last month was cancelled back in April via an email to me.  I requested a full refund of what I had paid and should have gotten it within sixty days.  I waited well beyond the sixty days and there was still no credit posted to my Visa card, so I filed a dispute with the cc company and a credit was posted to my account within two days.  I wish I had done this back in April!

Had Queen Vic TransAtlantic 17th March cancelled by Cunard on 14th March by phone from Southampton (we were already in Florida)

Filed for refund on 3rd April - TAKING A SCREEN GRAB OF THE CUNARD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SCREEN - VITAL!!! - No other communication from them since

Waited 60 days, then 60 WORKING days (they were supposed to be busy...!)

After 60 WORKING days got on to our card company who immediately raised a dispute with Cunard and have credited ALL my money paid. - which was actually booked and paid onboard a previous cruise!!

It is VITAL to take a screen grab of the Refund Application acknowledgement or else Insurers or credit card companies will have no proof that you have applied for a refund for them to progress.  There is a way to get back to that page if you use Google Chrome as a browser by searching browsing history!!

We are both DOUBLE Diamond Cunarders and Cunard shareholders (ooops!!) and having to resort to this action demonstrates all too clearly that Cunard don't appear to be concerned about loyalty to their most loyal customers

Disappointed

There are other cruise lines

About time they woke up to that fact!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Have you informed Cunard of any sort of action. I contacted them on their Facebook page that if I had not received my refund within 14 days I would instigate Section 75 with my credit card. It worked that well and frightened them that they sent me a cheque and also refunded my credit card. Now after receiving phone call from Cunard about refunding them have sent a cheque to the address and department I was given and had no acknowledgement, contacted on Facebook page and have ignored me and have not banked the cheque. Dont know what more I can do perhaps they want me to keep it as compensation.

Invest it into a 90 day Term Deposit Account - and keep rolling it over until they ask you for it - if ever!!!!! on the day you die, your  NOK will get a nice little present!!!!

Edited by bazzaw
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Invest it into a 90 day Term Deposit Account - and keep rolling it over until they ask you for it - if ever!!!!! on the day you die, your  NOK will get a nice little present!!!!

They have asked for it sent them a cheque and they have not acknowledged receipt or cashed it. Ignored completely on Facebook now e-mailed Simon Palethorpe see if he or his PA ignores me. I have told him if he wants me to keep it as compensation I will be more than happy.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:38 PM, Colin_Cameron said:

Day 118 and finally the refund for our Fremantle-Cape Town  QM2 voyage has arrived. 

Still waiting on the Cape Town-Southampton leg but if I remember correctly it wasn’t officially cancelled until a day or so later. If I had any confidence that they were doing things in any sort of order I might expect that in a couple of days. But I haven’t, so I don’t.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Here we are a couple of days later and the cheque for the Cape Town-Southampton leg has arrived.

Along with a second cheque for the Fremantle-Cape Town leg! majortom10 you’re not alone.

• Like 1

Today we are at 116 days and no refund. Managed to speak with someone at Cunard who said it had slipped through their net! Nothing has been done to process the payment, even after numerous contacts, promises and a formal letter of complaint. I was told it will take 10-14 days to receive payment, even though this is being escalated, and these words have been used before.

There is also another very serious issue here that was added to the complaint, that needs to be addressed.

So now, we are waiting for another refund from a cancelled 28 day Canada trip, and have 2 further cruises booked, one being with the deposit of a large chunk of FCC.

Perhaps my travels with Cunard will end after this, which will be sad as we have enjoyed so much over the years. Viking and Seabourn are beckoning if we ever have the opportunity to make new bookings with confidence.