Coral Princess to Melbourne

7 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Just checking the Port of Melbourne cruise ship schedule for 2021/2022 and found a regular visitor and turnaround entry for Coral Princess. First visit is Sunday 31 October 2021.Ā 

Nice ship šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Is that a sister ship to Diamond or is it a smaller one.

She is smaller Mic, 2000 passengers compared to 2600. I think she was built to transverse the Panama. Has a few different venues too.Ā 
Ā 

Leigh

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

She is smaller Mic, 2000 passengers compared to 2600. I think she was built to transverse the Panama. Has a few different venues too.Ā 
Ā 

Leigh

Thanks, may have to use my FCCs on her.

It is a twin to the Island princess, although the Island Princess has been updated a few years ago, adding more cabins at the aft.Ā 

Ā 

We sailed on the Coral through the Panama canal a few years ago.......there was only inches to spare on either side going through the lochs. . Absolutely fascinating transiting both sets of lochs.Ā 

Ā 

Would highly recommend doing a Panama canal cruise.Ā 

10 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

It is a twin to the Island princess, although the Island Princess has been updated a few years ago, adding more cabins at the aft.Ā 

Ā 

We sailed on the Coral through the Panama canal a few years ago.......there was only inches to spare on either side going through the lochs. . Absolutely fascinating transiting both sets of lochs.Ā 

Ā 

Would highly recommend doing a Panama canal cruise.Ā 

We have done the canal on Celebrity Infinity which is Panamax (built for transiting the old canal) as well.

Coral princess

Class and type: Coral-class

Ā 
Tonnage:Ā Ā 91,627Ā GT Ā 

Length:Ā Ā Ā  294Ā m (964Ā ft)

Beam: Ā Ā Ā  32Ā m (106Ā ft) (waterline)

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  37Ā m (122Ā ft) (bridge wings)

Height:Ā Ā Ā  62Ā m (204Ā ft)

Draft:Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  8.2Ā m (27Ā ft)

Ā 

Celebrity Infinity

Class and type: Millennium-class Ā 

Tonnage:Ā  90,940Ā GT

Length:Ā  294.0 m (964.6Ā ft )

Beam:Ā  32.2m (105.6 ft)

Draft:Ā Ā  8 m (26.3Ā ft)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Ā 
Ā  Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ohhh exciting! We were on Coral in Alaska in 2019 and had a wonderful time - wrap around promenade deck, lots of outside viewing decks, buffet at the front of the ship (excellent indoor viewing in inclement weather), you can get out the front on decks 9, 10 and 11, as well as the rear of the ship (we were in an inside cabin so the outdoor viewing was really important to us). Might have to have a little look at itineraries ā€¦.!

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Coral princess

Class and type: Coral-class

Ā 
Tonnage:Ā Ā 91,627Ā GT Ā 

Length:Ā Ā Ā  294Ā m (964Ā ft)

Beam: Ā Ā Ā  32Ā m (106Ā ft) (waterline)

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  37Ā m (122Ā ft) (bridge wings)

Height:Ā Ā Ā  62Ā m (204Ā ft)

Draft:Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  8.2Ā m (27Ā ft)

Ā 

Celebrity Infinity

Class and type: Millennium-class Ā 

Tonnage:Ā  90,940Ā GT

Length:Ā  294.0 m (964.6Ā ft )

Beam:Ā  32.2m (105.6 ft)

Draft:Ā Ā  8 m (26.3Ā ft)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Ā 
Ā  Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I didn't realise they were so similar, I would never had guessed that.Ā We cruised on the Infinity a few years ago around South America and Antarctica and loved the ship. Would be happy to cruise on herĀ again.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Fletch1

Reading over the years on the Princess board she seems to be a much loved ship.

People still comment that they are so glad that she didn't go the way of the Island Princess.

Ā 

Thanks Woodscruise for some good news today.

I'll try to have a cruise on her when she is down here if at all possible.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, woodscruise said:

Just checking the Port of Melbourne cruise ship schedule for 2021/2022 and found a regular visitor and turnaround entry for Coral Princess. First visit is Sunday 31 October 2021.Ā 

Ā 

Gee that's a relief.Ā  The last time I checked they still had the Sapphire Princess scheduled for 21/22 and 22/23.Ā 

Ā 

When I read earlier this week that SapphireĀ was going to do Antarctica in our summer 21/22 I thought that because of the way things are, Melbourne might lose Princess.Ā  Good to know that I will have some itineraries to use my FCCs on.

Ā 

The dates are not the same as for the Sapphire so it is not a case of just substituting the Coral for the Sapphire.Ā  I wonder if Second Officer Alfie will be on her.Ā  He is good to watch on Youtube.Ā  Another one of her crew, a woman, not sure if she is part the entertainment team has a video on FB showing the new crew coming on board to replace the remaining officers and senior staff for the next phase.Ā  Think all of the regular crew have been repatriatedĀ now.

Ā 

Slightly smaller ship makes sense for down here.Ā  I can sleep now!!!!Ā  Surely by then our borders will be open.

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Ā I wonder if Second Officer Alfie will be on her.Ā  He is good to watch on Youtube.Ā  Another one of her crew, a woman, not sure if she is part the entertainment team has a video on FB showing the new crew coming on board to replace the remaining officers and senior staff for the next phase.Ā  Think all of the regular crew have been repatriatedĀ now.

Ā 

Surely by then our borders will be open.Ā 

I too hope to meet Alfie Smith, I have been following him as well.

I hope the borders are open by then as wellšŸ˜

1 hour ago, Fletch1 said:

Ā 

I didn't realise they were so similar, I would never had guessed that.Ā We cruised on the Infinity a few years ago around South America and Antarctica and loved the ship. Would be happy to cruise on herĀ again.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I like her also, we did the Infinity through the Panama Canal but also to Antarctica.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I like her also, we did the Infinity through the Panama Canal but also to Antarctica.

Ā 

What year did you go to Antarctica?......we did it in Feb 2014 on the Infinity.Ā 

50 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

LOL, we also did it in 2014, ours was the 2nd February cruise.

Ā 

Just missed you...we did the next one starting on 16 Feb, returning to BA on 2 March. We disembarked and got a taxi from one pier to another and embarked the Golden Princess and cruised 30 days BA to Los Angeles.....all up 44 days......our longest time at sea. Two fabulous cruises and terrific ports.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, apologies for hijacking this thread. Getting back to the OP, and being a Melbournian, I hope the Coral Princess does home port out of Station Pier for a few months. I would hope I have the opportunity to cruise on her again......health permitting!Ā 

47 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

Ā 

Just missed you...we did the next one starting on 16 Feb, returning to BA on 2 March. We disembarked and got a taxi from one pier to another and embarked the Golden Princess and cruised 30 days BA to Los Angeles.....all up 44 days......our longest time at sea. Two fabulous cruises and terrific ports.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, apologies for hijacking this thread. Getting back to the OP, and being a Melbournian, I hope the Coral Princess does home port out of Station Pier for a few months. I would hope I have the opportunity to cruise on her again......health permitting!

Yep, sorry folks.

Fletch, check out the other thread you made.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, woodscruise said:

Any ideas when the Australian, end ofĀ 2021,Ā Ā cruises will be released? Under ā€˜normalā€™ circumstances they would already be up on the website.Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Coral Princess is my favourite Princess ship, did Panama Canal on her some years ago.Ā  At least she was not butchered like her sister Island.šŸ¤¢

Mine is the Sapphire Princess but then I have never been on the Coral. Thanks for intel Les now I am even more interested on cruising on her see if I like her better than the Sapphire.šŸ™‚

21 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Mine is the Sapphire Princess but then I have never been on the Coral. Thanks for intel Les now I am even more interested on cruising on her see if I like her better than the Sapphire.šŸ™‚

Sapphire is great too, we were on her in 2018, Baltics/Scandinavia B2B, ex Southampton.Ā  I just like the size and space plus dedicated viewing areas on those ships.Ā  Above all enjoy and 'Come Back New.'

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Sapphire is great too, we were on her in 2018, Baltics/Scandinavia B2B, ex Southampton.Ā  I just like the size and space plus dedicated viewing areas on those ships.Ā  Above all enjoy and 'Come Back New.'

I always enjoy my cruises Les but last time on a 37 day cruise 'I came back fat'. šŸ˜„

Ā 

More soups for me at lunch time I think!