Oasis of the Seas 10 years ago

Hope that I can hear from someone who has been on Oasis since the ampflication. It’s 10 years since we cruised on the Oasis and checking out YouTube, it’s looking way different. My DH loved it although I struggled with it being more like a resort than a ship. That maybe because we chose a Central Park balcony and lost the sea view that I love so much. This time we booked an ocean view balcony. We are on in the Easter holidays and expect a lot of young families. Although we are (very young) 70 something’s we enjoy mixing with all age groups. 
So, any must do’s that don’t involve hurling yourself down a water flume? 

6 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Hope that I can hear from someone who has been on Oasis since the ampflication. It’s 10 years since we cruised on the Oasis and checking out YouTube, it’s looking way different. My DH loved it although I struggled with it being more like a resort than a ship. That maybe because we chose a Central Park balcony and lost the sea view that I love so much. This time we booked an ocean view balcony. We are on in the Easter holidays and expect a lot of young families. Although we are (very young) 70 something’s we enjoy mixing with all age groups. 
So, any must do’s that don’t involve hurling yourself down a water flume? 

We loved it.  Sailed 6 weeks after her amplification.  El Loco fresh ( free) And portside bbq (pay) were great additions.  Pool deck and lime and coconut bar look great.  New Aquatheatre show was fantastic.  We never went on any of the slides. On her agin in November and December. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Thanks. Is there still an ice show?  I notice that the solarium bistro is now complimentary. When we were on it was an upcharge in the evening. Did you try it at all? We really enjoyed it but it may a little different now if it’s not chargeable. 

18 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. Is there still an ice show?  I notice that the solarium bistro is now complimentary. When we were on it was an upcharge in the evening. Did you try it at all? We really enjoyed it but it may a little different now if it’s not chargeable. 

We’ve been to solarium bistro on other ships and found it to be just. ok. Liked it better with the old menu that had the bison, we had the Udp so never went this time. .  Still an ice show. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

20 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We always use Solarium Bistro several times during the cruise - it is classier than the WJ but not as formal as the MDR!   You collect your starters from the buffet area, all small portions plated already so not sitting around drying out; these are often replenished; and then the waiters will take your main course order and that is served to you.

Puddings are also help yourself. Don't miss the baklava.  It is very nice at night with the lights from the solarium and the great views.  You can book this in your planner. 

Edited by little britain

12 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks Little Britain. I’ll do that. Sounds like it hasn’t changed since we were last on except we had to pay an upcharge. 

I believe there is still an up charge for a couple of specific entrées. At least there was last time we sailed. 

if you were happy with the entrées that are included, there is no charge
m

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I believe there is still an up charge for a couple of specific entrées. At least there was last time we sailed. 

if you were happy with the entrées that are included, there is no charge
m

Yes there is up charge in some items but none interested me for the cost!

Tomato and boccocini followed by chicken kebab for me!  And baclava 

32A72F4F-CB3C-43A3-AF85-B93677E31408.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1