Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

7 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

The Celebrity marketing team has done its job.

What is your point?   The webinar was professional, informative and 100% better that when Celebrity started doing them.  Gives a few points towards the next loyalty level encourages watching.  As one who has worked and had extended time in Alaska and the Yukon; this webinar was quite enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What is your point?

I was being very clear. Celebrity presented a webinar, and at least one person decided to sail to Alaska based on that. That's a success for marketing. What else could I have meant? Do you always assume everyone has ulterior motives and hidden agendas?

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

At least you’ve had the E mail, nothing yet (UK).

I'm in the UK and I received the Alaska email 7.10pm yesterday, however my husband didn't get the offer but I can add his CC number to mine when viewing. 30 points by watching by 19th October.

18 hours ago, TraderSam said:

Thank you for that.  Not received the email in the UK yet.  Anyway, it’s running in the background.  

They must have filmed it in the winter because there’s snow and ice, like, everywhere!  The beaches must be empty 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I was being very clear. Celebrity presented a webinar, and at least one person decided to sail to Alaska based on that. That's a success for marketing. What else could I have meant? Do you always assume everyone has ulterior motives and hidden agendas?

It was clear to me.

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I actually enjoyed the Alaska webinar last night.  

I enjoyed the webinar too but the elephant in the room for me is that Celebrity does not cruise Glacier Bay. When I do a return cruise to Alaska it will be on Holland America again or Princess. Since Princess has sailings that do both Glacier Bay and Hubbard I am leaning to do Princess next time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I enjoyed the webinar too but the elephant in the room for me is that Celebrity does not cruise Glacier Bay. When I do a return cruise to Alaska it will be on Holland America again or Princess. Since Princess has sailings that do both Glacier Bay and Hubbard I am leaning to do Princess next time. 

exactly why, when my mom decided to take us on an Alaska cruise, we picked Princess.  It will be the only time she'll ever do Alaska, so Celebrity was out.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

IMO, the only thing better about Glacier Bay is the wildlife.  Otherwise, I'll take Hubbard.  The biggest problem with Hubbard is that it sometimes gets fogged in and you can't see it!  We were on a cruise that did both GB and Hubbard and you couldn't see Hubbard for anything!  But you could hear the calving.  Hubbard is so massive and it makes my jaw drop.

1 minute ago, GORDONCHICK said:

IMO, the only thing better about Glacier Bay is the wildlife. Otherwise, I'll take Hubbard.

Our best Alaskan glacier viewing was on a three-hour tour from Whittier after our first Alaska cruise. We got to see glaciers that no cruise ship could access.

50 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Our best Alaskan glacier viewing was on a three-hour tour from Whittier after our first Alaska cruise. We got to see glaciers that no cruise ship could access.

We did one of those, too, but they still weren't as impressive as Hubbard for me.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, Charles4515 said:

I love Celebrity but Princess snd Holland have the most permits to enter Glacier Bay!

I have been to Alaska twice - once on Holland snd once on Princess. Celebrity has 0 permits to enter Glacier Bay.