Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I phoned Captain's Club UK number, I believe it was answered by Celebrity US (Accent give away).

Both wife and I were 3 points away from Elite Plus and there was no PUP points awarded to either of us, so asked why.  The lady said she'd email "Loyalty" and get them to look into it,  within a couple of hours my Celebrity App said Elite Plus (Still 747pts).  Later received an email saying points will be corrected at the next run (15th Feb).

Edited by mickey89

16 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Hey, don't laugh.....I've done that!

Since yesterday was a holiday the points will post sometime today. I called CC this morning not that I really need need those points but still hoping for another tier.

I called Captain's Club yesterday.  The agent I spoke with is aware of the issue and has taken several calls before mine.  He said they are working on it and we should all have our points by Friday. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

I called Captain's Club yesterday.  The agent I spoke with is aware of the issue and has taken several calls before mine.  He said they are working on it and we should all have our points by Friday. 

Not what they told me. Said it was due to the holiday yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Same thing is happening on the Royal side.  I goy off a three night cruise ten days ago and the three points have not been added to my total.   Under past cruises, it shows that I earned 3 points for the cruise.  

Don’t know why people are surprised. Celebrity and Royal say it could take up to 30 days for points to be added. 

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Don’t know why people are surprised. Celebrity and Royal say it could take up to 30 days for points to be added. 

True.  But in the past when a past cruise points changes from “0” to a number, the total points also changes.  This is the first time that it did not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

True.  But in the past when a past cruise points changes from “0” to a number, the total points also changes.  This is the first time that it did not.

You mean this is first time you noticed. 

The fact that points have not been added to the total on both Celebrity and Royal and that is not only PUP points but points from actual cruise sailings means that whoever is responsible for running the software has not done it yet. Maybe they are on vacation this week or they have something else to do or maybe the program is hung. At least the points are in past history that means the server isn’t hosed. It will resolve. You all can call all you want but call center people are just going to tell you something to get you off the line because they can’t do it and they have to move on to other calls. 

• Like 1

I’ve contacted Celebrity Cruises FB account, who are usually very helpful.

This is their reply:

“Hi Jackie, although we aim to have the points added on by the 14th January (15th for UK guests due to the time difference) it is worth waiting a few days to allow some time for the system to update. I will check your account in a couple of days, if the points are not applied, I will reach out to the relevant team. Thanks, Su”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I’ve contacted Celebrity Cruises FB account, who are usually very helpful.

This is their reply:

“Hi Jackie, although we aim to have the points added on by the 14th January (15th for UK guests due to the time difference) it is worth waiting a few days to allow some time for the system to update. I will check your account in a couple of days, if the points are not applied, I will reach out to the relevant team. Thanks, Su”

That sounds like there is an issue and they are trying to fix it because how often does it happen that its past the 14th? If anything I've seen earlier.

Its like when my team sends something back to the client and they respond with 'I see no issue' and it magically fixes itself

Our PUPs haven't posted from the latest webinar. Shows in history. I guess Celebrity busted us for not being in the room when the webinar was being broadcasted. 😉

Edited by doghog

Just now, YOW-613 said:

"Works on my computer" 🤷‍♂️

- As IT guy, I use it all the time lol

lol yep same. I've also done the 'delete cache and cookies and retry' as well as 'turn it off and back on again'

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

lol yep same. I've also done the 'delete cache and cookies and retry' as well as 'turn it off and back on again'

Me: Could you please reboot?
Client: No, I am busy and I already did that and did not help

Silently check last boot time: 98 days ago

Me: Let me try something... brb (silently staring at my screen for 2 minutes, literally doing nothing)

...I issued a command to your computer, in order to take effect I will need a quick reboot.

Client: OMG It works! You are a genius!

PS: you BS us, we BS you lol

Anyways, Celebrity, could you please reboot? I need my pointzzzzz before my next cruise next weeeeeek. Pretty please 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, YOW-613 said:

Me: Could you please reboot?
Client: No, I am busy and I already did that and did not help

Silently check last boot time: 98 days ago

Me: Let me try something... brb (silently staring at my screen for 2 minutes, literally doing nothing)

...I issued a command to your computer, in order to take effect I will need a quick reboot.

Client: OMG It works! You are a genius!

PS: you BS us, we BS you lol

Anyways, Celebrity, could you please reboot? I need my pointzzzzz before my next cruise next weeeeeek. Pretty please 😞

They did say by end of today. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sasset said:

Just called the number posted in this thread. Agent said his points haven’t posted yet. He said it should all resolved by Monday.

NOooooooooo I was hoping to sail as Elite.. my cruise....  I am going to cry.... 

Just now, YOW-613 said:

NOooooooooo I was hoping to sail as Elite.. my cruise....  I am going to cry.... 

Now you'll have something new to look forward to on the cruise after this one.🍷

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YOW-613 said:

Talk to the Captain's club onboard they should give you Elite status if they don't post earlier. 

• Like 1