Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Kate, Africa, Beyond and Edge all should be capitalized, but X IT has its own rules of grammar. The confirmation pop up just confirms the lack of grammar. Oh well, I can't wait for the next webinar.😜

Of course proper nouns are capitalized. I guess I should have been more clear that I was refering to common nouns and the adjective. 

On another related topic.  Does it seem to anyone else that they are increasing the non-booking opportunities to earn points?  I have a cruise in May and a cruise in August.  A few months ago, I was sure I'd make Elite + on the August cruise.  Now I'm thinking that, with Go Green, it might be possible to make it on the May cruise.

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

THIS WASN'T WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!! i'm sorry for the yelling

No aggravation for me. I let others have the aggravation. I waited a few hours and read the thread so it was easy peasy. Sometimes it pays not to rush to be the first. Thank you all 😁

11 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

On another related topic.  Does it seem to anyone else that they are increasing the non-booking opportunities to earn points?  I have a cruise in May and a cruise in August.  A few months ago, I was sure I'd make Elite + on the August cruise.  Now I'm thinking that, with Go Green, it might be possible to make it on the May cruise.

I am Elite +. Not really worth striving for that level.  The perks for it need an upgrade. They also need another tier between Elite + and Zenith. I am about 2000 from Zenith and figured that would never happen and have been doing the PUP for fun. Now though with all these new point opportunities maybe I could get to Zenith..........🤔

Edited by Charles4515

Did anyone get a message that said that they answered all of the questions correctly and will be receiving 10 Power Up Points?  Or is "You have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 Power Up Points" the best we can get?  I've received that response three times already.

3 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Did anyone get a message that said that they answered all of the questions correctly and will be receiving 10 Power Up Points?  Or is "You have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 Power Up Points" the best we can get?  I've received that response three times already.

If you didn't receive the "so close" response I think you are probably good. The "you have completed all the sentences!" reply is probably just a poor grammar reply that should have been proofread before going out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

That’s what we received. I figure we’ll just check next month to see if we gained another point towards Zenith. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am Elite +. Not really worth striving for that level.  The perks for it need an upgrade. They also need another tier between Elite + and Zenith. I am about 2000 from Zenith and figured that would never happen and have been doing the PUP for fun. Now though with all these new point opportunities maybe I could get to Zenith..........🤔

I'm in that long stretch (to the next/"final" level) as well. I do think that having a new tier in the 1,500-2,000 range would be appropriate, otherwise that carrot seems too far off -- almost a disincentive to some.

Tom

With all of the frustration this quiz has caused (myself included!) they should have simply made it multiple choice like some of the previous quizzes....then issues such as capital letters, all lower case, numeral vs. spelled out number, etc. would not be an issue! 

Like others I have received the "you have completed all the sentences, etc." and I know the answers are correct but not sure if Celebrity is acknowledging them as correct!  Sorry if I missed it but has anyone who completed this actually received a definitive note at the end that they have answered correctly and will receive their PUP??

Either X cleaned things up or y'all were doing some crazy stuff.  I capitalized only proper nouns, manually typed all my answers, and typed in "four" for the last one.  I got the congratulatory(ish) message on the first try.  No "so close" message.

I actually enjoyed reading the write-up, and it was a very easy quix to identify for answers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Either X cleaned things up or y'all were doing some crazy stuff.  I capitalized only proper nouns, manually typed all my answers, and typed in "four" for the last one.  I got the congratulatory(ish) message on the first try.  No "so close" message.

I actually enjoyed reading the write-up, and it was a very easy quix to identify for answers.

I entered all the correct answers each time, but the first zillion attempts I used the autofill feature. When I finally ignored that and typed in the same answers manually again for the zillionth+1 time it was accepted-ish. I think the problem was the autofill added a space after the answer and the computer bot rejected it.

I actually had submitted my answers to the last quiz and when I looked back, I realized I had typed the incorrect answer to one.  I went back the the quiz and re submitted with the right response.  I wonder if they only take the initial quiz answers.  

18 minutes ago, rohudd1 said:

I actually had submitted my answers to the last quiz and when I looked back, I realized I had typed the incorrect answer to one.  I went back the the quiz and re submitted with the right response.  I wonder if they only take the initial quiz answers.  

I resubmitted mine 3-4 times in rapid succession making minor changes each time. It always returned the same cryptic response...

On 3/17/2022 at 6:16 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I did this stupid quiz a zillion times and entered the correct answers each time and got a "so close" message each time. I finally entered all the same answers using all lower case and it all registered as correct. (I used the #4 for the last answer rather than the word each time.)

1.  32

2. seafarers

3. african

4.  chromosome

5.  beyond

6.  kate

7.  maritime

8.  26

9.  edge

10. 4

THIS WASN'T WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!! i'm sorry for the yelling

Sometimes Celebrity just can't win for trying

18 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I understand.  I hope you do better on the next quiz.  Maybe next time it will be Multiple Choice.

Thanks

(I hope THEY do better on the next quiz - but I'm not holding my breath) 😄