Cruiseline looking to hire more crew for aug start up date.

seaman11

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

I do think it is VERY ODD that we have not heard a think about yesterday's meeting with the CDC.  

Yes, it is VERY ODD. Almost like the person who takes notes at the meetings to post on Cruise Critic missed the meeting.

You just can't get good help these days.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Yes, it is VERY ODD. Almost like the person who takes notes at the meetings to post on Cruise Critic missed the meeting.

This post is even funnier because of your screen name.

1 minute ago, Capitan Obvious said:

I would have assumed that some news article from an outlet with insiders in the meetings, or even a statement from one of the lines is what I meant, stop being silly.

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

I would have assumed that some news article from an outlet with insiders in the meetings, or even a statement from one of the lines is what I meant, stop being silly.

The CDC and the cruise lines have a meeting and somehow news outlet insiders get invited to attend?

And I'm the silly one. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

The CDC and the cruise lines have a meeting and somehow news outlet insiders get invited to attend?

And I'm the silly one. 🙄

Stop trolling, they don't get invited, they have sources in the CDC and the cruise lines.  My God how do you think anything gets leaked early in the news??? 

• Like 2

That's a nice articel, but the cruise lines haven't gotten the crews home yet. I would be very surprised if the mainstream lines start sailing in August, and it certainly is not likely to happen out of any US ports as cases are beginning to rapidly increase again.

7 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Stop trolling, they don't get invited, they have sources in the CDC and the cruise lines.  My God how do you think anything gets leaked early in the news??? 

I'm guessing by your level of surprise that it isn't through insiders and CDC/cruise line sources. As is typical, the leaks you seek generally are nothing more than unofficial releases from the PR department. Perhaps you'll get read in when others realize that you have a need to know. Until then you'll just have to live with the fact that you are wrong about how it all works.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, zqvol said:

That's a nice articel, but the cruise lines haven't gotten the crews home yet. I would be very surprised if the mainstream lines start sailing in August, and it certainly is not likely to happen out of any US ports as cases are beginning to rapidly increase again.

And it is not getting any easier.  In Manila, Philippines, they are only allowed to land a total of 600 passengers a day across all airlines.  Philippine Airlines is landing flights from LA, SF and Toronto in Cebu instead.  All must be quarantined and tested for C-19,  the passengers paying for the test and the quarantine.  Those who test negative will be flown to Manila free of charge, positives will be hospitalized or forced into at least 14 more days of quarantine.