MSC Virtuosa

VITTARRIO

So, MSC has acknowledged that the Virtuosa will not be ready to sail until 2022 due to the pandemic holding up construction, can someone then please tell me why the MSC Website (and others) are taking bookings for next spring and summer.

1 hour ago, VITTARRIO said:

So, MSC has acknowledged that the Virtuosa will not be ready to sail until 2022 due to the pandemic holding up construction, can someone then please tell me why the MSC Website (and others) are taking bookings for next spring and summer.

I don't think they have acknowledged it will be delayed it's just press reports, perhaps they are hoping it will be ready on time or small delays 

6 hours ago, VITTARRIO said:

2022?

6 hours ago, dexddd said:
13 hours ago, VITTARRIO said:

2022?

Just wondering the same... it should be ready to travel for summer 2021, the Northern Europe season.

11 minutes ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

They sold me a cruise on Virtuosa as late as last tuesday (9th) for the easter week, so I expect the ship to be ready by then..

They are still selling for November so doesn't mean anything, probably won't know for sure until late summer.

I booked two hours ago on the Virtuosa for May 29, 2021, Grand Suite on Aurea Experience. The 10 days MCS Fantasia for June 2021 was cancelled by MSC but no news regarding a refund offer. Should receieve the money I paid in 60 days.

6 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

There is a rumour that Grandiosa is going to replace Virtuosa sailings this winter.

With the really poor Covid figures in Brazil it makes sense to keep her in Europe and earn money sailing in place of Virtuosa.

Hope the rumour turns out to be true.

I would be happy with that as not been on grandiosa yet

My SIL has been working aboard Virtuoso in the St Nazaire shipyard for the past two weeks. He reckons it's about 70% complete. He's tasked with wiring in the sound and vision systems and has to work shift patterns to maintain social distancing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

My SIL has been working aboard Virtuoso in the St Nazaire shipyard for the past two weeks. He reckons it's about 70% complete. He's tasked with wiring in the sound and vision systems and has to work shift patterns to maintain social distancing.

How far should they be by now?

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Email received this morning from major cruise holiday operator in U.K. offering Virtuosa 30/Dec this year... including flights, 2n hotel in Barcelona, 7n cruise £599. 

And MSC showing Nov 1 dates still.  NCL was selling Canada and Alaska until recently even though ports closed.

So, are you saying it is a go in December for sure?

Edited by dexddd

10 hours ago, little britain said:

Email received this morning from major cruise holiday operator in U.K. offering Virtuosa 30/Dec this year... including flights, 2n hotel in Barcelona, 7n cruise £599. 

I hope people don't fall for it! Grandiosa will likely sail the Virtuosa sailings if in fact they actually begin again before 2021.

• 4 weeks later...

I happened across a overview report here on CC from one of the editors.  In the overview the writer said that the launch was going to be 2022 due to delays in 2020.  I'm thinking that is a mistake unless someone has heard differently.