Pullmantur Ships for sale.

aussie cruzer

My understanding is that all three Pullmantur vessels are destined for the Aliaga Ship Recycling Facility in Turkey, located on the Aegean, about 50 km north of Izmir.

Edited by ssFLANDRE
further clarification

2 hours ago, ssFLANDRE said:

My understanding is that all three Pullmantur vessels are destined for the Aliaga Ship Recycling Facility in Turkey, located on the Aegean, about 50 km north of Izmir.

That was the report a week ago but the Sovereign & Monarch have been treading water, typically making 1 knot in a 'holding pattern', near each other in an area around 60-80 miles East of Malta for days. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=8512281

Perhaps Royal Caribbean are trying to obtain a better price for them elsewhere or they are held up with the legendary Turkish bureaucracy? 

In the meantime, the Horizon is on her way through the Aegean to Piraeus at a healthy 12-13 knots. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=8807088

We shall soon see if she too is stripped when she arrives there. 

There is no official word from any source other than the suspension of Pullmantur sailings until 15th November. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Does anyone have any details on exactly what was "stripped"?

The one and only report quoted a crew member saying around 1500 palettes of anything of value were taken from his ship while docked in Naples over a period of days and that it was more than would be removed for the stated 'cold layup'. 

One thought is that Napoli is the home of the Fincantieri ship yard. Perhaps what was removed is intended for another, future Pullmantur ship (rather than for sale on eBay:-)? If so, why is the Horizon heading for Piraeus, at speed, unless for a buyer wanting to use her this season?

I will be pleased when we have some hard facts, especially regarding where Pullmantur customers booked post mid-November stand. 

5 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

One thought is that Napoli is the home of the Fincantieri ship yard.

That shipyard is associated with CCL ships, I don't think RCCL used them for any of their ships.

Here is the latest gossip about Pullmantur:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://noticiasdecruceros.com/2020/07/06/pullmantur-la-historia-continua/&prev=search&pto=aue

The new snippet is that 'an insider' says the Sovereign and Monarch are laying adrift off Malta to stop port authorities seizing them for unpaid debts elsewhere. It could be true. 

And for amusement here is the latest track of the Monarch, courtesy of CruiseMapper :-) (The Sovereign appears to have switched off its 'transponder').

1344260723_Screenshot2020-07-07at09_14_44.thumb.png.8351da4e8e647e7cd1d892a7fd7296ac.png

Edited by Skipper Tim

1 hour ago, Skipper Tim said:

"Here is the latest gossip about Pullmantur:

...(The Sovereign appears to have switched off its 'transponder')."

Or sold it to the highest bidder!

Sorry Tim! Only joking and once again, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Mixed feelings.  Sailed on Horizon maybe 4-5 years ago when it sailed under CDF (Croisieres de France) division of Pullmantur.  While the ship was tired, we actually had a nice time and enjoyed the food, itinerary and "human sized" footprint of the ship.

But yes, it had definitely seen better days.

Too bad Pullmantur is apparently not in a position to capitalize on the fact that several other cruise lines are dumping ships.  They might have been able to pick up a bargain.  I think Carnival is getting rid of at least 8 ships, as I understand it.

2 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

It looks like Monarch refuelled in Malta and is now half-way to Greece, steaming at 16 knots. Why such a hurry after 10 days of drifting around? 

So refuelled and with that course now looks set for the Aliaga navy yard in Turkey that was previously mentioned. Sovereign is now docked possibly for similar reasons? 

Perhaps the 10 day ballet off the coast of Malta was just treading water (sorry!) waiting for docks to become available in Aliaga?

13 minutes ago, Smurf2017 said:

So refuelled and with that course now looks set for the Aliaga navy yard in Turkey that was previously mentioned.

That was all speculation, not so sure all this talk of her going to the scrap yard is happening any time soon.

14 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

We shall see by which way she turns after passing the island of Kythira around 8pm (GMT/UTC) today. Place your bets....

CF497325-1074-434B-88F6-AFF0F5CBE989.thumb.jpeg.a46f3a5f9ee93be08d663de43dc1daa5.jpegWell here’s Monarch’s most recent position, should pass by Star Clipper soon, Zenith off in the distance on the port side. 

Sovereign is still tied up in Malta. 

The Monarch is on her last journey. She will reach Aliağa 'ship recycling facility', just North of Izmir, today.

1438325892_Screenshot2020-07-13at09_33_47.thumb.png.a3b95c720c11a5122d435257f3200398.png

SRAT_Aliaga_aerial.jpg.c35b46eba394cc353704ef4cccda0163.jpg

The Horizon and Sovereign remain docked in Piraeus, Greece and Birzebbugia, Malta, respectively, for now. 

The Monarch is on her last journey. She will reach Aliağa 'ship recycling facility', just North of Izmir, today.

1438325892_Screenshot2020-07-13at09_33_47.thumb.png.a3b95c720c11a5122d435257f3200398.png

SRAT_Aliaga_aerial.jpg.c35b46eba394cc353704ef4cccda0163.jpg

The Horizon and Sovereign remain docked in Piraeus, Greece and Birzebbugia, Malta, respectively, for now. 

Thanks Tim.

That may eventually happen, but now it seems she's meeting up with X Infinity.

First post here, Ive been lurking for a few weeks. Huge fan of Sovereign of the seas. That was my first cruise.  Heartbroken to hear it will be scrapped!!

I think Ive found a webcam with the ship in the background at the port in Malta. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/malta/malta/birzebbuga/st-georges-bay.html

7 minutes ago, Cruiseguy85 said:

First post here, Ive been lurking for a few weeks. Huge fan of Sovereign of the seas. That was my first cruise.  Heartbroken to hear it will be scrapped!!

I think Ive found a webcam with the ship in the background at the port in Malta. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/malta/malta/birzebbuga/st-georges-bay.html

Too difficult to see, but I wanted to say thanks for introducing me to a great webcam site.