Disembarkation - How Long?

LaffnStock

Once they make the announcement that everything is ready for disembarktion - foreign people have reported to immigration, luggage is off the ship, etc. - and they begin to call the number or letters - it can take anywhere from 2 - 3 hours. With the cruise ships letting passengers on board early, they want to get the others off as soon as possible.

Okay, a sub-question...

My cruise will be out of Harwich, England, where we are foreigners. Does that mean we will be the first ones off for immigration? And is that a long process? I assume there will be a lot of foreigners on this cruise, so I'm really confused how this will work.

Okay, a sub-question...

My cruise will be out of Harwich, England, where we are foreigners. Does that mean we will be the first ones off for immigration? And is that a long process? I assume there will be a lot of foreigners on this cruise, so I'm really confused how this will work.

We disembarked in Dover and no problems getting off, no immigration inspectors to line up for but it may depend on where you departed from.

We also departed from Dover.

Archived