Here's the latest statement from Princess regarding refunds

CineGraphic

10 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Since February, millions of employees have been working from home.  I assume they do a decent job, or they wouldn't continue

to have a good job.    Additionally, princess had lots of phone-representatives working from home prior to this.

They should have experience managing the work-from-home situation.

Not everyone needs 'direct management looking over their shoulders', to actually do their job.

That the work isn't being done in any order is again management's fault.

Simply decide on an order ... cruise date, cancel date, lastname, etc.

...very easy to create order in this situation.

At the beginning of every week, management assigns some cases to each employee to work on.

Select these cases in the desired order...

When they employee finishes those cases, they ask for more.

Management continues to assign cases in the desired order.

There might be a little variance from the desired order, but in general it will follow whatever path

was decided on.

I am working from home and wouldn't have a job if I was that inefficient

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jsb1954 said:

I filed a dispute with AE yesterday... They said they will credit my AE account shortly and they will handle Princess. 

That is what you should do... Best of luck

my file is settled. 

I was responding to jandaville. 

good luck with yours

Up to now  I  had trusted Princess and expected that they would handle my refund accurately and in a reasonable amount of time.  I have always enjoyed sailing with them and have many cruises under my belt.  However. I  am still  waiting for a refund for my March 21 cruise.  I cancelled on 3/16 (Option 2) ,which is 4 days after Princess cancelled.  I have FCC's credits ( amounts which Princess has changed on 2 occasions and do not make sense) and not a penny to my credit card.  Yes, they have a monumental task on hand, but 100 days of waiting is not acceptable.  People who cancelled much later have received their money.   I am very happy for all those who have had their moneys refunded, but unfortunately I have not been that lucky , and  being nice and patient has gotten me no-where. I am truly disappointed and out of patience.

• Like 4

We filed a dispute with American Express two days ago.... I decided I will let AE deal with them... AE told me not to worry and that I will be re reimbursed shortly... They have hundreds of disputes against cruise line.  although Princess is by far the worst as it relates to the complaints.

My update - Princess rep I called today (very nice and sympathetic 🙂 ) said she heard in a meeting last week that 60% of refunds have been processed; yes - the refunds do come from 3 different offices - cruise fare, port taxes, and airfare - and might appear at different times; no - she can not see any numbers to confirm the amount I will be refunded; and, yes, it gets refunded to your method of payment, but that also may take a day or two (or five) to occur.

Oh - and one other thing that I have been wondering during my 90+ days of waiting for refunds - my Future Cruise Deposits are restored to original standing. I have same expiration date and if they are not used by then, I will get the purchase price back.

Just FYI.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, Italy52 said:

Would you mind telling me where would your cruise have embarked from?  We were to have left from Vancouver on May 20, 2020 for a 14-day cruise to Alaska.  Princess cancelled us and we are still waiting for a refund.  Called Princess and all I was told was it was in the que. I asked if she could tell me where about in the que and she said, "no."

This was Los Angles and back to Los Angles

Princess representative confirmed this afternoon that all my prepaid excursions for my August 2020 cruise (New York to Greenland) were processed yesterday and should be posted to my Princess Visa in a few business days.

Also my prepaid excursions for my April 2021 cruise (Mexico Riviera) were previously credited to my Princess Visa on 6/3/2020.