Come sail with me on a virtual cruise on Majestic Princess to Fiji!

ellie1145

20 hours ago, PaulS said:

It was finally nice to see our author and tour guide. You should have included more pictures of yourselves. Whoever told you that you look like Mrs. Doubtfire has a vision problem!

Thank you again for the wonderful journey. If you decide to do another, please post on this thread that you are starting a new trip in the Tardis as I will keep it bookmarked so I will not miss a minute.

To be honest, PaulS, I really enjoyed the joke! I was not in the least bit offended at being mistaken for Mrs Doubtfire - it’s one of my favourite movies so I am actually very honoured. 😉

I will definitely let everyone know if (when?) I manage to do another trip in my Tardis - I think it is due for a complete overhaul as it’s had a fair bit of use recently, and I don’t want to end up on the wrong cruise ship next time by mistake! 

Thank you so much for following along. 

19 hours ago, dickinson said:

Thank you for taking us along on this wonderful trip!  I am so sad it is over.

Thank you so much for travelling with us, Dickinson! 

I have to admit I am sad, too. I will miss you all! 

But hopefully we will all meet again......😉

10 hours ago, rmf11699 said:

Thank you for the awesome virtual cruise and finally we get to put a face to the wonderful words and images.

In the meantime be safe and maybe someday we'll meet on the Lido Deck!

rmf11699, it’s been a real pleasure to have you along. 

What fun it would be if we were to meet up one day, as you say, on the Lido Deck. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Hope you will come along on another adventure if (when?) I get round to doing one. 

12 minutes ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Thanks Ellie! Can't wait to revisit some places and add new ones along the way. 

Looking forward to your next review! (after you've recovered of course 😁).

Cheers!

David

You are most welcome David! 

Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully we may yet meet again! 🤣 (virtually of course, wearing masks, and 6ft apart! )

I'm sad that reliving our travels is over but you sure have done a fabulous job of giving us a glimpse of what is out there when we are able to travel the world again.  Thanks again for hosting us on the trip to the South Pacific and the bonus of Singapore!

• Thanks 1

I have read the entire thread from the start, so I probably did read the original post about Mrs Doubtfire. However, after 70 pages and three months, I have forgotten what it said. I was simply trying to compliment Ellie on the lovely picture and the wonderful job she did.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm sad that reliving our travels is over but you sure have done a fabulous job of giving us a glimpse of what is out there when we are able to travel the world again.  Thanks again for hosting us on the trip to the South Pacific and the bonus of Singapore!

Thank you azbirdmom, it is sad after all this time. I never imagined when I started this that it would last so long. 

Thank you for your contributions, and your lovely photos, too. 

Now all we need is a photo of your little bird, please! 😊

• Like 1

Rmf11699, I have to admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mrs Doubtfire saga. I hope that it amused others as much as it amused me. I guess I should have ‘come out’ sooner, with a photo, but I rather liked being compared to Mrs D. And it did allow my imagination to run riot! (Sales of my pocket sized, collapsible, Vortex vacuum cleaner have rocketed since this blog!) 🤣

Thank you PaulS for your very kind words, and I am overcome by your compliments. I only hope that I can do the same again with Hawaii. 😉

Now, as you know, I have often pondered people’s CC names, and maybe rmf11699 would be kind enough to give us a clue as to what it means? I’ve managed to suss out a few, like AF-1 (Now that took me a while but I did finally get it! 🤣), but I can’t fathom out yours. Westaussie was an easy one, and I think cnd crsr may be Canadian Cruiser?

I shall be trying to locate my photos from Hawaii, as I’m not the most organised of people with photos. So, hopefully, I may be able to take all you Cruising Adventurers on another ‘virtual’ cruise sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Edited by ellie1145
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

Thank you azbirdmom, it is sad after all this time. I never imagined when I started this that it would last so long. 

Thank you for your contributions, and your lovely photos, too. 

Now all we need is a photo of your little bird, please! 😊

Here's a picture of our baby with a Santa pinata.

PoiPu Meets Santa.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

Rmf11699, I have to admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mrs Doubtfire saga. I hope that it amused others as much as it amused me. I guess I should have ‘come out’ sooner, with a photo, but I rather liked being compared to Mrs D. And it did allow my imagination to run riot! (Sales of my pocket sized, collapsible, Vortex vacuum cleaner have rocketed since this blog!) 🤣

Thank you PaulS for your very kind words, and I am overcome by your compliments. I only hope that I can do the same again with Hawaii. 😉

Now, as you know, I have often pondered people’s CC names, and maybe rmf11699 would be kind enough to give us a clue as to what it means? I’ve managed to suss out a few, like AF-1 (Now that took me a while but I did finally get it! 🤣), but I can’t fathom out yours. Westaussie was an easy one, and I think cnd crsr may be Canadian Cruiser?

I shall be trying to locate my photos from Hawaii, as I’m not the most organised of people with photos. So, hopefully, I may be able to take all you Cruising Adventurers on another ‘virtual’ cruise sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Yes, a thank you to PaulS. I was worried a war of words would start.

My handle is very simple. It's my initials and house address.

Y'all take care!

• Like 1

Hi Ellie,

You"re correct, cnd crsr is for Canadian cruiser. Now will you share how you came up with your CC name please?

I am sorry we have come to the end of this wonderful virtual cruise.  I will miss turning on the computer and going directly to an exotic place  where I can relive memories or explore new  adventure with you. Your writing style and humour as well as magnificent photos have keep so many of us entertained over the past few months. Thank you.

After this "cruise" I am eager to return to both Singapore and Australia and this time add on the  South Sea islands.  I  will keep an eye out for another Cruising Adventure  with you... Hawaii will be a welcome retreat for warm weather.

Until next time, keep safe and healthy and once again thank you for  making the pandemic move to the background for a bit of time every day.

Gail

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:59 PM, azbirdmom said:

Here's a picture of our baby with a Santa pinata.

PoiPu Meets Santa.jpg

What a little cutie, azbirdmom. Such pretty colouring. 

I hope all those Christmas presents were for him/her, too? 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rmf11699 said:

Yes, a thank you to PaulS. I was worried a war of words would start.

My handle is very simple. It's my initials and house address.

Y'all take care!

Thank you rmf11699, that solves that puzzle! 🙂

I am pleased that this thread has been so positive, with just the one negative post near the beginning, which I fully understand, as not everyone likes my style of writing. I think that gentleman would be shocked that we have only just finished our journey! 🤣

So I’m glad we have ended on a happy note and look forward to travelling with you, and the rest of the Cruising Adventurers again sometime soon. Thanks again for following along. Take care, too!

6 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

Hi Ellie,

You"re correct, cnd crsr is for Canadian cruiser. Now will you share how you came up with your CC name please?

I am sorry we have come to the end of this wonderful virtual cruise.  I will miss turning on the computer and going directly to an exotic place  where I can relive memories or explore new  adventure with you. Your writing style and humour as well as magnificent photos have keep so many of us entertained over the past few months. Thank you.

After this "cruise" I am eager to return to both Singapore and Australia and this time add on the  South Sea islands.  I  will keep an eye out for another Cruising Adventure  with you... Hawaii will be a welcome retreat for warm weather.

Until next time, keep safe and healthy and once again thank you for  making the pandemic move to the background for a bit of time every day.

Gail

Hi Gail!

Wow, I got one right! My CC name is actually just the number of our house in Florida, which we had for nearly 11 years.

In the U.K. our houses have very low numbers, rarely over 150, so 1145 was fascinating to us. We have fond memories of the time we spent in Florida, and our wonderful American neighbours, who were so welcoming to us Brits. We even spent Christmas Day with one group of neighbours. 

We miss Florida terribly, and always feel as if we are coming home when we land in Miami or Orlando. 

We just can’t wait to return.

Thank you for travelling along virtually, its been great fun and lovely to have you getting into the spirit of it all. 

Hopefully we may travel along together in the not too distant future - virtually of course! 

Very best wishes to you and your family, and I hope you stay safe and well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

What a little cutie, azbirdmom. Such pretty colouring. 

I hope all those Christmas presents were for him/her, too? 😉

She is a spoiled little girl who gets plenty of presents all the time.  Unlike us though, she is very happy about the cruising situation because it means that her mommy and daddy are home all the time to play with her.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

She is a spoiled little girl who gets plenty of presents all the time.  Unlike us though, she is very happy about the cruising situation because it means that her mommy and daddy are home all the time to play with her.

She certainly is pretty. 

I think maybe you could pass her off as an emotional support bird and take her with you next time! 😉 🤣 

I have a feeling we may all need some emotional support on our first cruise post-Covid! 

Edited by ellie1145
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

She certainly is pretty. 

I think maybe you could pass her off as an emotional support bird and take her with you next time! 😉 🤣 

I have a feeling we may all need some emotional support on our first cruise post-Covid! 

She would be a hit, that's for sure!  And I think I agree with you that it's going to be different...

• Like 1

It's officially October 18th in Sydney which means a year ago today we were boarding the beautiful Majestic Princess, ready for adventure.  I was reminded of it by FB memories.  Hoping for many more adventures in a healthy world in the years to come!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

It's officially October 18th in Sydney which means a year ago today we were boarding the beautiful Majestic Princess, ready for adventure.  I was reminded of it by FB memories.  Hoping for many more adventures in a healthy world in the years to come!

Where has that year gone, azbirdmom? We set out with such great excitement, and Majestic Princess did not disappoint. 

I would sail on her in a heartbeat, but must wait patiently for the time when we can cruise again. 

I have had a little break but am busy collating photos and writing the first part of our Hawaiian adventure so I hope that some of the Cruising Adventurers are getting their suitcases and passports out ready to join us.

Watch this space! 😉 🚢

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

I have had a little break but am busy collating photos and writing the first part of our Hawaiian adventure so I hope that some of the Cruising Adventurers are getting their suitcases and passports out ready to join us.

Watch this space! 😉 🚢

Ohh, I am so pleased you are preparing another adventure! I love Hawaii and have been eight or nine times but never on a cruise. My passport is out and I will start packing my suitcase! Can't wait!!! 😃

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

Watch this space! 😉 🚢

Ooh!  I can't wait.  I love Hawaii!  I would however start a new thread for that one.

• Like 1