Lift and Shift Question

kebrown

Can you Lift & Shift to a cruise that is one day longer for the same price you paid on the original cruise?  For instance, can you move from a 7 night cruise to an 8 night cruise for the same price you originally paid?

12 minutes ago, Marscot said:

Short answer is no but they might let you pay for the extra day.

And your only hope would be if there isn't a 7 day of the same itinerary on a qualified replacement ship withing the +/- 4 week time frame.   They seem to be getting very strict about exceptions.

Here is a glimmer of hope for anyone who might be trying to Lift and Shift to a different duration itinerary in 2021.  Yesterday my travel agent was on the phone with a nice Celebrity supervisor that was willing to make the exception, so I got the Lift and Shift from the 10-day 9/25/2020 ABC to a 9-night ABC in 2021.  There are no 10-night itineraries in that timeframe next year.  Yes, I lose a night and Key West, but comparing the price I had for the 10-day with the current pricing to rebook the same stateroom category on the 9-night ($1,675 higher) made it a no-brainer to do it.  When she was shut down the first time she called Celebrity earlier this week I started looking at my rebooking options in 2021 on one of the 9-night ABC itineraries.  I would have had to downgrade from my S2 aft sky suite all the way down to an SV or 1A verandah and loose 2 of the 4 perks to stay below the price I had the original 10-night locked in at.  Others on the 9/25 roll call did not have such good luck with this 10-day to 9-day exception to the Lift and Shift rules.  This will probably cost Celebrity some customers.  This really reinforced the value I have always placed on using an experienced travel agent who works for herself rather than booking direct or using a big on-line travel agency.

I am having Tremendous problems trying to lift and shift from 9/4/2020 10 nights to 8/27/2021 9 night

should be a no brained 

still working hard to get this handled as I know others have succeeded? If anyone knows the key to success please let me know.

right now we are in resolutions department what ever that means they are supposed to call us back?

11 hours ago, sasset said:

I searched the Celebrity site for the Lift and Shift rules and couldn't find it. Maybe I just missed it. Are the rules available online?

Thanks

Lift and Shift
Lift and Shift

Lift and Shift

If you simply wish to move your existing booking to an alternate sail date in the following year, we're happy to protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternate sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. The alternate sailing needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C

• Like 1

You might try this link... insert your cruise info on the form and they will tell you what cruises are eligible. After calling and getting info... I was directed to this form and moved an 11 day to another 11 day cruise... I was trying to go from 11 to a 10 day... Interestingly the shorter cruise itinerary was similar to my original cruise and the one I ended up with is much different... basically went from a Eastern Caribbean to a Southern Caribbean.   lift and shift form