MSC Med Return

zjc

Better days will come, Sidari... Meanwhile things are not pretty much solved at all even here in the Med. My own city of Lisbon has some nearly 300 infected individuals a day. The UK put Portugal outside their authorized travel lists... And so on. I don't count on regular cruising as we knew it till January to be well and alive before a vaccine or at least a solid therapeutic has been found to this pandemic...

Meanwhile: Have a nice day, and maybe, we can hope for some "cruises to nowhere" from certain ports here and there as far as conditions permit on each country. No more than that...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidari said:

An area of 400,000 people near Barcelona has of midday today been put into lockdown.

It's actually the agricultural area called Segria which has 210,000 population and is some 175 km from Barcelona so wouldn't call that near. Bit like saying Leicester is near to London!

On 6/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, hamrag said:

I noticed that one recently, looking at return sailings from the UK....to avoid air travel at this time. It's a fab cruise, and we would make a very late booking in the unlikely event of it going ahead!

Just got an email from MSC informing us that it's been cancelled, G, and that we would receive a voucher for 125% of value of the cruise package.  Don't know if that would apply for the deposit only ... I'd be happy enough to just move the deposit to another cruise.  Looks like I'll have to ring them about it.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Just got an email from MSC informing us that it's been cancelled, G, and that we would receive a voucher for 125% of value of the cruise package.  Don't know if that would apply for the deposit only ... I'd be happy enough to just move the deposit to another cruise.  Looks like I'll have to ring them about it.

What you get is 100% of deposit and 25% of cruise cost. I know because our October NYC to Miami, same as your cruise last year, was cancelled about a month ago! 

Fab deal, for only deposit paid especially with YC. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Yes - just got my cancellation notice for my mini North European cruise at the end of August.  This is interesting news as there is no mention of Mediterranean cruises in this round up. 

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Yes - just got my cancellation notice for my mini North European cruise at the end of August.  This is interesting news as there is no mention of Mediterranean cruises in this round up. 

Just received my phone call confirming 2nd September Preziosa cancelled . I am having the refund although will take 120 days to process according to Lily at the travel agents. 😞.

We had the premium drinks package included for free with our reservation, I think the days of those freebies are long gone . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Just received my phone call confirming 2nd September Preziosa cancelled . I am having the refund although will take 120 days to process according to Lily at the travel agents. 😞.

We had the premium drinks package included for free with our reservation, I think the days of those freebies are long gone . 

The freebies may come back to entice people back when cruising returns! we have the premium included for our cruise in Mediterranean next March, ship changed to Grandiosa but same dates& itinerary 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

This will put the reins on any Brits planning/hoping to cruise in the coming months!! Nothing to stop us travelling to cruise, but no insurer would cover the trip!

That advice hasn't changed since 12 th March so nothing new, did you see posts below Aida and TUI are restarting August 

1 hour ago, cruiser man 60 said:

That advice hasn't changed since 12 th March so nothing new, did you see posts below Aida and TUI are restarting August 

I believe the original advice was for those over 75, it now includes everyone.

Traveling against FCO advice will make any insurance void.

2 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

That advice hasn't changed since 12 th March so nothing new... 

Actually that is untrue, the advice (updated today, as the website indicates) is now for ALL and not just the over 70's....changes the dynamic entirely! 😉

Edited by hamrag

2 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

.....did you see posts below Aida and TUI are restarting August 

My post was NOT about if, and when, any cruiseline might sail....it is about specific do not cruise advice from the UK Government! 😉

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

My post was NOT about if, and when, any cruiseline might sail....it is about specific do not cruise advice from the UK Government! 😉

That will probably change soon like the no travel to anywhere  advice, swimming pools , gyms etc reopening.

16 hours ago, hamrag said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

This will put the reins on any Brits planning/hoping to cruise in the coming months!! Nothing to stop us travelling to cruise, but no insurer would cover the trip!

Todays Daily Mail take on this story!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8507291/Foreign-Office-tells-tourists-not-cruises-coronavirus-risk.html

• Like 1