Large group in Main Dining Room and Specialty

rogeralan

We are a large group of nine on the Insignia, booked individually,  and are discussing whether we will be able to eat together in the Main Dining Room and/or in the Specialty Restaurants or if we will need to split up.  Does any one know the table sizes in the restaurants?  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Max tables typically of 8. Expect to be split up.

Even in the Grand Dining Room?  I have not sailed on Oceania’s “R” ships for nine years, but both “O” ships, Marina and Riviera, have tables for parties larger than eight.  I thought Oceania's smaller ships had a few in the GDR as well.

I believe in the GDR  they  have  some for 10  usually for the Captain

If you ask ahead of time  they probably can set  it up   if you plan to eat together every night speak to the Maitre'd

The specialties  8 is  the maximum I have seen

But  who knows  what the New Oceania  will be like

2 hours ago, rogeralan said:

We are a large group of nine on the Insignia, booked individually,  and are discussing whether we will be able to eat together in the Main Dining Room and/or in the Specialty Restaurants or if we will need to split up.  Does any one know the table sizes in the restaurants?  Thanks.

I hope your cruise is at least late in 2021 - otherwise you probably don’t have to worry about the table size.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I hope your cruise is at least late in 2021 - otherwise you probably don’t have to worry about the table size.

Paul;

I believe you are totally incorrect.

$100 bet says Oceania is sailing again before the end of 2020. Ready to put your money where your mouth is? 🍷

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Paul;

I believe you are totally incorrect.

$100 bet says Oceania is sailing again before the end of 2020. Ready to put your money where your mouth is? 🍷

Sure, but...

Let's first find out when OP is sailing as that is what I was specifically referring to (not just any O cruise). If OP's cruise is in 2020, I am on with the bet but I want to make it more about fun.

If OP sails in 2020 I will buy you a fun face mask of your choice (not N95) and if I win I would like a 49ers mask.

Are you game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:22 AM, Queen of DaNile said:

For your lips to God's ears.

+1

Provided that spikes in contagion don't spur a second wave of cancellations.

This is probably a situation where discretion really IS the better part of valor-

Back to table size ...

Back in 2010 on an "R" ship we were a group of 8.  The organizer's TA arranged for a post-boat drill for us in Polo (or was it Toscana?) for all of us.  (But I've rarely seen a table for 8  in the "R" specialties.  Not that I was looking for them.)

The captain's table in the GDR does hold 10 people as far as I recall but conversation is very difficult at such a large table.  Capt. Flokos sat in the center whereas on prior "captain's tables" the captain was at one end and we were always at the other.  Conversation was impossible in that situation!  At least for us ... Of course, we did have closer tablemates with whom we could converse ...

I would suggest that you'll do better to split up.  And of course, if distancing is going to be in the near future then you probably cannot all sit at one table anyway.

Maybe you can arrange a mix-and-match if your people so that everyone gets to dine with everyone else, just at different times.

Mura

• 2 weeks later...