The Daily for Saturday Jun 27, 2020

richwmn

today is Bartender & Mixologist Day and National Bingo Day

The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.

Meal suggestion for today - Minty roast veg & hummus salad

Wine for today - Pali Wine Co. Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast Riviera vintage 2015

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/30
Maasdam destination Singapore

At Sea Pacific
Oosterdam destination Puntarenas

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Benoa Anchorage
Veendam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam out at sea off Manila
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Eurodam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Happy Saturday!

Thank you for the Daily Report.

Good quote, words to live by.

And thanks to all the bartenders out there.

The wine sounds interesting, but, I will pass on the dinner suggestion, I don't have any chickpeas.  I'm not sure what we'll have but it will probably involve meat, and wine! 🙂

Hope you have a wonderful day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

If only we were on a cruise I could easily celebrate Bartender & Mixologist Day and Bingo 😉 

Love the quote for the day.  DH would love to sample that Pinot Noir 😄 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone and thank you for the daily Rich.  Do not care for hummus so will skip the menu suggestion.  Kudo's to the bartenders.  Bingo is shut down around here, much to the dismay of many.  Wine sounds good to DH, but I'm a Muscato gal.

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters - whereever you are.  It is going to be a hot, murky day here.  The Saharan dust is diffusing the morning sunlight, as it did last night’s moonlight. 

Bartender day, I feel badly for this group, especially in my state where bars are now prohibited from serving alcohol. I can just imagine the look on the bar owners’ faces when they learned of this mandate. Gosh, Bingo - haven’t played that in years.  That would have been a great activity during lockdown - a virtual Bingo game. Prizes to be awarded after lockdown is lifted, of course.

I would add scratching & massaging someone’s back are also welcome activities. 

Pinot Noir is one of my fave wines. And this PN is in the very affordable category, though I only priced the 2017 Vintage. 

Stay well everyone! 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A huge pat on the back for bartenders!  LOL    A friend of ours makes the best hummus ever; he puts in so much garlic that it keeps werewolves away for miles, and I'm pretty sure you could peel wallpaper with just your breath. 

Today is a special day - it's been 6 years since I closed my office door for the last time, so that calls for a special meal.  I'm not sure what it'll be, but it will be delivered, 'cause I'm not cooking!  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Today is a special day - it's been 6 years since I closed my office door for the last time, so that calls for a special meal. 

Happy anniversary to the beginning of your new life 🙂 

Good morning,

The quote can be words to live by.  

Had a fabulous dinner at sister's house last night--strippped bass, scallops, corn salad, roasted beets, arugula and baby greens salad, watermelon salad with feta and freshly baked breads.  Dessert was locally grown strawberries with sweet cream.  She is an amazing chef.  We sat out on the patio and later watched the sun set.  A magical afternoon and evening.

Rich, hope you don't mind my posting the descriptive for the wine you suggested.  I love reading wine reviews and how the reviewer describes a given wine.  This one is in the $20-25 price range and Wine Spectator gives it a rating of 90.

"Garnet, medium bodied, classic Sonoma County Pinot Noir with aromatics of fresh light red fruits (cherries and strawberries) leaping out of the glass, backed up with baking spices and hints of fresh-picked mushrooms and black tea. Flavors of sweet raspberries and cherries combine with anise, sweet oak and white pepper. A pleasant wine to drink from start to finish – great mouth feel balanced with acidity and soft tannins which provide for a long, silky finish."

And from the California winemaker: "

In 2005, entrepreneurs Tim Perr and Scott Knight pooled their resources and their passions to found a winery dedicated to producing small lots of artisan Pinot Noir that they loved to drink.

The goal is to make wines that speak well of their origin and their varietal, and to bring those wines to the consumer at the best price we can without compromising quality. While Pinot Noir remains our first love and a significant part of our production, we also produce a few other varietals when we have the opportunity to make a wine we think is worthy of sharing."

P.S.   Sorry the post is so long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gallivanter'sGal said:

Wonder why the Oosterdam is moving from Panama to Punta Arenas?

I THINK I saw the Oosterdam close to the Carnival Inspiration (or perhaps Imagination) a few days ago with tenders in the water.  They MAY have gotten some crew from the 2 ships who had gained clearance to be put ashore in a friendly shore and returned home.  No inside information, just a guess.

Roy

7 hours ago, Gallivanter'sGal said:

Maybe...Beam me up (and over) Scotty!!

And you may have to hover and not land once you get to New Zealand. We are not being very friendly towards visitors at the moment (can't think why). 😷😏 take care and be kind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gallivanter'sGal said:

LOL!  Maybe to move her closer to S. Fla??  We're supposed to sail her in April from Sydney to Seattle but her crossing to AU was cancelled.  HAL is still show sailings in AU and NZ early in 2021 but no sailing showing getting her over there.

I expect if those sailings are allowed they would be restricted to AU/NZ people and people would not be allowed to disembark at the end of a repo cruise.

Roy

On 6/27/2020 at 8:21 AM, rafinmd said:

I THINK I saw the Oosterdam close to the Carnival Inspiration (or perhaps Imagination) a few days ago with tenders in the water.  They MAY have gotten some crew from the 2 ships who had gained clearance to be put ashore in a friendly shore and returned home.  No inside information, just a guess.

Roy

Or someone ran out of Grey Poupon...

• Haha 2