Difference between Veranda Classes on Solstice class

clojacks

On the S class ships.... the 'lowest class' veranda cabin is 2D. These cabins are on Dec 6 and are considered partially obstructed. They have the lifeboats outside. Frankly not much of an issue to me, unless you are sitting on your veranda looking out... then the davit, which holds the lifeboat in place might be an issue. Next are 2C.. these are slightly more expensive and also considered partially obstructed. Next up is 2B. On deck 6 these are located on the hump and forward. 1A cabins are my favorite. They are on the side of the hump... verandas are larger and shadier than regular verandas.... Although 1A cabins on higher decks include the center of the hump as well as these side cabins. 2A cabins start to show up on deck 7. The next is 1B... they show up on deck 8. Beginning on Deck 9 are the concierge cabins.... C1,C2,C3. Concierge class is higher priced and includes some perks... like chocolate covered strawberries and other items. I am a frugal cruiser, so I stick with the basic 2D, 2C, and 1A cabins. I like being on Deck 6.. easy to get to 5. Now the other group of veranda cabins are the Aqua class... these include even more perks... separate dining room... access to spa... and tent to be located forward... so closer access to spa. This is my observations on the different categories. Personally... I prefer being lower on the ship and near the center. Sea sickness has only been a problem on a few cruises... but I would rather not chance it. DH uses a scooter... but in a pinch can do stairs... so I prefer being close to elevator/stairs and a deck away from key activities. I believe cabin sizes across veranda cabins of all classes is the same or close to the same. If you wonder about how bad an obstructed cabin is on S class... check out this link.360 views of obstructed cabins

Excellent reply

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've seen that photo before, I remember the drier. Or maybe it was the same drier but a different photo. 😷

Yes, I have used that photo before, seems to be the only one that I have of a 1A cabin.

20 hours ago, snichols23 said:

We did see the slants but for 2 people the extra room was minuscule. Have to consider that the view is also “slanted”

There are two different sized balconies on the slant.  Half of them just add a triangular area that adds perhaps 30 to 40%.  The other half add both the triangular area and a rectangular area - thus adding well over 100%.

We had one of the larger balconies in cabin 8283 on the Reflection last September; and the balcony was furnished with two lounges, two deck chairs and a table.  It was crowded with all of this furniture, but was a very relaxing area in which we could alternate between lying down on the lounges or having drinks in the chairs at the table.

55 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

There are two different sized balconies on the slant.  Half of them just add a triangular area that adds perhaps 30 to 40%.  The other half add both the triangular area and a rectangular area - thus adding well over 100%.

We had one of the larger balconies in cabin 8283 on the Reflection last September; and the balcony was furnished with two lounges, two deck chairs and a table.  It was crowded with all of this furniture, but was a very relaxing area in which we could alternate between lying down on the lounges or having drinks in the chairs at the table.

One other thing that I've found is there are not lights on the slant balconies so if you want to sit out there and read in the evening, bring a light.   

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

One other thing that I've found is there are not lights on the slant balconies so if you want to sit out there and read in the evening, bring a light.   

I was thinking the S class didn't have lights on any balconies. Or perhaps that's another cruise line I'm thinking of..